2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
cali's economy is really going to get a boost from this

What little bit is left after tomorrow.

The United States just repudiated the stable world order of the last 75 years. You won't be able to afford to smoke your way out of that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
Sorry everyone. I'm sad and angry and I'm not sure I'll ever get over this.

It happens. Its hard to win President 3x in a row, that is just how things work.

But, if you really think people like Trump are the problem, then the rest of us cant be Trumps. We cant wake up tomorrow and want to blow it all up, we have to be positive. Because its likely that there are going to be some dark days ahead, that many of the things people fought for are going to be erased and it may take years to fix it.

But that is what we have to do. Even if it isnt what they would have done. Because actions matter and tomorrow if Trump wins, we all have to set the example. Its not forever, but right now America is not in a good place, and its up to all of us to do something about it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
It happens. Its hard to win President 3x in a row, that is just how things work.

But, if you really think people like Trump are the problem, then the rest of us cant be Trumps. We cant wake up tomorrow and want to blow it all up, we have to be positive. Because its likely that there are going to be some dark days ahead, that many of the things people fought for are going to be erased and it may take years to fix it.

But that is what we have to do. Even if it isnt what they would have done. Because actions matter and tomorrow if Trump wins, we all have to set the example. Its not forever, but right now America is not in a good place, and its up to all of us to do something about it.

I sure hope you are being a bit overdramatic here.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
I sure hope you are being a bit overdramatic here.

Stock market is going to get crushed tomorrow. Trump literally has no plan. When things get even worse, they are going to blame minorities, etc.

It is what it is, but Trump is really unqualified and he is going to inherit a country that is being ripped apart.

(edit)

At this point it may not even be a respectable loss. Hillary is bleeding bad in PA.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)
Stock market is going to get crushed tomorrow. Trump literally has no plan. When things get even worse, they are going to blame minorities, etc.

It is what it is, but Trump is really unqualified and he is going to inherit a country that is being ripped apart.

(edit)

At this point it may not even be a respectable loss. Hillary is bleeding bad in PA.

he'll have his excuse ready, "it's obama fault!" and people will eat that s*** up

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)

(edit)

The markets are the least of my worries, but I'm not ready to start talking about things as if we're in the midst of WWII or something. Yet.

"Clinton needs to win Pennsylvania. The problem is that her lead has dropped to about 7,000 with plenty of votes left to be counted in Republican areas. Meanwhile, the city of Philadelphia has had almost all of its votes counted."

With 90% of the vote in for Pennsylvania, Trump has pulled ahead. 48.3% Trump, 48.2% Clinton.

If Clinton loses Pennsylvania, it will not be possible for her to win the presidency.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

HARRY ENTEN 11:58 PM

There’s going to be a lot of talk about white voters after the election, but looking at the exit polls, that’s not the full story. A big part of the story is that Clinton underperformed Obama with blacks and Hispanics. Clinton is winning only 88 percent of the black vote. Exit polls in 2012 had Obama at 93 percent. Clinton is only at 65 percent among Latinos. Obama won 71 percent of them.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)
HARRY ENTEN 11:58 PM

There's going to be a lot of talk about white voters after the election, but looking at the exit polls, that's not the full story. A big part of the story is that Clinton underperformed Obama with blacks and Hispanics. Clinton is winning only 88 percent of the black vote. Exit polls in 2012 had Obama at 93 percent. Clinton is only at 65 percent among Latinos. Obama won 71 percent of them.

Barack Obama got more of the white vote then Hillary Clinton did.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:06 PM)
The markets are the least of my worries, but I'm not ready to start talking about things as if we're in the midst of WWII or something. Yet.

Its not WWII, but there could be some civil liberty issues that could take some real hits. Its not the end of the world, but something has to change. Because in no world should Trump have even been a candidate.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
"Clinton needs to win Pennsylvania. The problem is that her lead has dropped to about 7,000 with plenty of votes left to be counted in Republican areas. Meanwhile, the city of Philadelphia has had almost all of its votes counted."

With 90% of the vote in for Pennsylvania, Trump has pulled ahead. 48.3% Trump, 48.2% Clinton.

If Clinton loses Pennsylvania, it will not be possible for her to win the presidency.

She's going to lose PA and WI. It isn't going to end up being all that close.