2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
She could have just charged them all six figure speaking fees instead.

Which is totally legal and I haven't seen Hillary talk about how motivational speakers are bad.

I don't really care about the investments in a vacuum, but Stein's the pot calling the kettle black.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump makes more per speech, and his speeches are all about branding anyway.

Plus, Trump University is yet another con artistry extension of a Trump speech/infomercial/The Art of the Deal. Not unlike those current house flipping seminars with Tarek and Christina el Moussa. At least Hillary is not taking money out of the pockets of veterans and middle class Americans desperate to get a get a step up in life with phony programs that are based on high pressure sales techniques. Those are typically the ones who opt for Trump University and for profit educational institututions.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Which is totally legal and I haven't seen Hillary talk about how motivational speakers are bad.

I don't really care about the investments in a vacuum, but Stein's the pot calling the kettle black.

Johnson knows less about foreign policy by far than Bernie Sanders.

It might be even scarier (as a country) to see him receive 8-10% of the vote without even being vetted by a single national debate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comey-wrote-bomb...-220219586.html

So the FBI doesn't even have a warrant yet for those emails.

So this whole thing basically is whether Huma Abedin printed off potentially classified info (which she didnt even realize) from her yahoo account after forwarding there from other accounts, whether Anthony Weiner had access to the same documents, and whether he had potentially shared or given access to an underage girl.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/30/us/polit...top-news&hp. A Scandal Too Far?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)

She sure has spent a lot of the time on the rich, banks, and Wall Street. That hasn't stopped her from taking their money.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
She sure has spent a lot of the time on the rich, banks, and Wall Street. That hasn't stopped her from taking their money.

And I'm sure you're about to tell us how bad it is to support candidates who receive lots of money from Wall Street, right?

So the Democrats can't take money from financial institutions?

75-80% of that money used to go to the GOP, but banks currently want to hedge their bets and back the winning side and labor unions have been completed decimated, and that funding source has been slowly shrinking since the 70s.

If you declare war on Wall Street like Sanders, how is that a potentially successful strategy for compromise and/or reform?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
And I'm sure you're about to tell us how bad it is to support candidates who receive lots of money from Wall Street, right?

Not particularly, but if you were reading along, you'd know that the talk was about the hypocrisy of taking from one, while actively campaigning against the same.

That's a pretty amazing overreaction to the FBI finding emails that it has no idea what they contain and how many of them they've already seen before anyway. Sad to see Comey's letter having this effect, that people seem to think that the mere existence of emails is some sort of scandal.

edit: googling his name, he looks like he's cut from the same cloth as Dick Morris so him having any support for Clinton in the first place is highly questionable. This just looks like bad concern trolling.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 08:05 AM)
That's a pretty amazing overreaction to the FBI finding emails that it has no idea what they contain and how many of them they've already seen before anyway. Sad to see Comey's letter having this effect, that people seem to think that the mere existence of emails is some sort of scandal.

edit: googling his name, he looks like he's cut from the same cloth as Dick Morris so him having any support for Clinton in the first place is highly questionable. This just looks like bad concern trolling.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Schoen

See third paragraph.

Obviously, he's with Fox News now, but I found it, at the very least, interesting. Mark Penn/Carville...those guys were tight. He (Schoen) was always closer to Bill, but he did work with Hillary's 2008 campaign.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Schoen

See third paragraph.

Obviously, he's with Fox News now, but I found it, at the very least, interesting. Mark Penn/Carville...those guys were tight. He (Schoen) was always closer to Bill, but he did work with Hillary's 2008 campaign.

Yeah, but more importantly read the first paragraph:

"He is a political analyst for Fox News and a columnist for Newsmax. He partnered with political strategist Mark Penn and Michael Berland in the firm of Penn, Schoen & Berland. He believes that lower taxes would be a successful Democratic strategy, opposed President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act, warned the Democratic Party to reject the Occupy Wall Street protest, and recommended that President Obama not run for reelection in 2012.[3][4]"

Newsmax, for christ's sake. Either way, it still remains at best a silly overreaction to the FBI discovering the one of Clinton's close aides shared a laptop with her husband.

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy

As of today, 23,286,177 votes have been cast in the presidential election; 11,575,120 in 12 battleground states, per NBC data analysis

10:22 AM - 31 Oct 2016

Bradd Jaffy @BraddJaffy

Dem voters have outpaced GOP in CO, IA, MI, NC, NV, OH, VA, WI

GOP outpacing Dems in AZ, FL, GA, PA (*PA only has "excuse" absentee voting) https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/793110903759724544

10:25 AM - 31 Oct 2016

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
Thank goodness FBI reopens email probe. I wish we could have an emergency delay in the election process and start over. The two candidates are unfit to be president. I was talking to a good friend about the FBI last night and how disappointed we both were in their being corrupt in letting Hillary off the hook without formal charges. I thought Comey should go to jail. Thank goodness this is happening, though I know no details yet.

How did this not get more play? No one noticed this line? Really Greg? Maybe you should be a politician because that was a fantastic CYA statement.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 12:45 PM)
My friend emailed me the voter guide he received for Los Angeles this election.

Holy. Crap.

It's like 70 pages.

Every commercial out there for the last month has been a political commercial, but they're 90%+ for/against various propositions. California's prop system is a mess.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/02/hilla...new-poll-shows/[/url]

From the Denver Post - Clinton and Trump tied in Colorado. 1 in 5 polled would not accept a Clinton victory as legitimate. Jesus.

You are a smart attorney. Why are you shocked people think things are rigged? Bernie got screwed, so to speak by the DNC. Hillary gets questions fed to her in debates. Think of all the corruption in Illinois politics. Why wouldn't national politics be the same. It's all crooked.