2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 02:01 AM)
Assange says Trump, "won't be allowed to win."

If our country is fixing elections, a dictator is someday possible. What the hell is happening to us? I don't care if Hillary wins if it's fair and square.

Very sad. This guy has ALL the leaked info and says Trump cannot win. I am scared for our future if elections are rigged.

Everything in this post is just really poor trolling. From believing elections can be rigged, to citing Assange as your source, to claiming you'd be ok with Hilary as president if she won fair and square despite hundreds of posts proving otherwise. How anyone believes you a real person is beyond me.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 12:11 AM)
None of them can win, so you're actually saying you want Trump more than Clinton if you push the third party option. It's kind of taking the easy road out...instead of choosing from one of the two win possibilities. It doesn't make sense to think Hillary's the devil and then not choose the likeliest probability for defeating or stopping her.

No it's not. I just read a long article today from some guy who said you can't vote for either and it's rigged. I mean last election I voted for the lesser of two evils in my mind, Obama. He didn't seem THAT bad. Time before that I voted for lesser in my two minds because how the hell could anybody vote for Palin to be veep? Now I can't vote for either. The lesser of two evils? Look at my choices. Hillary? No way. Trump? Cmon, no way. That leaves the third party guys who weren't even allowed to debate. It's impossible to choose. Now I can write in Ventura or just leave it blank.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
Everything in this post is just really poor trolling. From believing elections can be rigged, to citing Assange as your source, to claiming you'd be ok with Hilary as president if she won fair and square despite hundreds of posts proving otherwise. How anyone believes you a real person is beyond me.

I'm not the only person out there who is saying this kinda stuff. McCain may vote for lindsey graham.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-elect...clinton-n664151

Edited by greg775

Comey has advised congress that the review has been performed and no changes to FBIs July statement on Clinton. Pete Williams said all emails were duplicates or personal. Probably why you don't comment on ongoing investigations.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
Comey has advised congress that the review has been performed and no changes to FBIs July statement on Clinton. Pete Williams said all emails were duplicates or personal. Probably why you don't comment on ongoing investigations.

Yay, now the landslide/coronation is assured! Now everybody can change their votes back to Hillary! Big surprise. Oh boy, the networks will be running what amount to free commercials for Hillary all day Monday. We can be united as a country when she gives her acceptance speech shortly after all the polls close Tuesday. This works out perfect for Hillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi...c6d4_story.html

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
:lol:

Unreal

You guys act like I'm the only person taking this position. In real life, I detest peanut butter and sloppy joes. If somebody places them in front of me and says, choose one to eat, I just have to decline. Both would literally make me puke.

Why is this any different? Both candidates are horrific, so how do you choose one? You can't, so you don't.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
You guys act like I'm the only person taking this position. In real life, I detest peanut butter and sloppy joes. If somebody places them in front of me and says, choose one to eat, I just have to decline. Both would literally make me puke.

Why is this any different? Both candidates are horrific, so how do you choose one? You can't, so you don't.

Now clearly you're trolling.

No one detests both peanut butter AND sloppy joes.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
You've had a wildly uninformed opinion about pretty much everything at this point, including your "love" for Jesse Ventura. You've typed his name probably 100 times over the last two months. 1 poster provides you a link simply going over the issues he supports and opposes, and your response?

"Yeah, I'll probably not even write in anyone"

This is why we mock you.

I do love Jesse Ventura, but if he is no good, I guess he's no good.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
Now clearly you're trolling.

No one detests both peanut butter AND sloppy joes.

I can't eat either. I do love spaghetti however with meat in it, but the sloppy joe kills me.

Sloppy Joe's and Maid Rites rule.

You aren't a Midwesternerner without being able to eat one of those, or at least BBQ (which isn't too far removed from a SJ).

And peanut butter? Really? Since Labs (the coolest of all breeds, haha) love peanut butter, it's un-American to be against that, too. Unless you're allergic, unacceptable. Bill Self Loves PB. So does Roy Williams. Ozzie Guillen. Meghan McCain.

It's not like you said cottage cheese. Are you a Daemon, Greg? Not demon...you might have to look it up, technology/internet term.

Nate Silver is taking heat from people from not including early voting totals in his forecasting model but the thing is, based on the way he does his math, I don't think he knows how. He'd be measuring two different things. Early voting isn't polls, it's people who've already voted, so he'd be trying to combine a measured guess against. He's built his brand off the public polling system from 2008, but it's changed since then.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 08:09 AM)
Nate Silver is taking heat from people from not including early voting totals in his forecasting model but the thing is, based on the way he does his math, I don't think he knows how. He'd be measuring two different things. Early voting isn't polls, it's people who've already voted, so he'd be trying to combine a measured guess against. He's built his brand off the public polling system from 2008, but it's changed since then.

I was thinking about voting early on Saturday. They had it at a library near me. My wife voted early last week. The line on Saturday was at least a block long. I was amazed. So I passed. It usually isn't very long when I go in the regular place. I just wanted to be done with it.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 08:09 AM)

It's hard to blame Silver for running his system the way he does. He's left a lot of room for error for himself if Trump becomes President.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
I was thinking about voting early on Saturday. They had it at a library near me. My wife voted early last week. The line on Saturday was at least a block long. I was amazed. So I passed. It usually isn't very long when I go in the regular place. I just wanted to be done with it.

I voted two weeks ago, but I'm really interested to see how crazy the lines get in swing states. It would be a real shame if people like you never get to exercise their civic duties.

Election Day needs to be a national holiday on the order of Christmas. Everyone needs to be afforded the right to vote without worrying about lines getting into their hectic lives.

The GOP would never go for it, seeing as there are a lot more Dems than Republicans nationally.

Edited by Deadpool