2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:17 PM)
Trump managed to lose the al smith dinner, goes historic 0-4 in a best of three series.

seriously I don't know why people aren't cashing in on free money by not betting a s*** ton of money on clinton

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 06:47 AM)
Oh most definitely not, but she also didn't get booed out of a charity event.

But since you are a hillary supporter, are you able to tell me all of the bad things Hillary did at the dinner? I just dont trust her, she is crooked and i know she did a lot of bad things at that dinner and nobody wants to talk about all of the bad things, I cant believe all of you hillary supporters and fans being unable to see how bad she is and how she made america unsafe at the dinner.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
But since you are a hillary supporter, are you able to tell me all of the bad things Hillary did at the dinner? I just dont trust her, she is crooked and i know she did a lot of bad things at that dinner and nobody wants to talk about all of the bad things, I cant believe all of you hillary supporters and fans being unable to see how bad she is and how she made america unsafe at the dinner.

Heck, Hillary is so corrupt, she got kicked off the Watergate Commission.

Was the White House Correspondents Dinner covered as much pre-YouTube/broadband connections?

I don't recall 90s seeing references to it, not really until Colbert and Lewis Black were hosts do I recall seeing it get much info.

Now that more people watch that, the "comedic president" is getting better writers.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)

Nice Greg impression. :lol:

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 11:23 AM)
Was the White House Correspondents Dinner covered as much pre-YouTube/broadband connections?

I don't recall 90s seeing references to it, not really until Colbert and Lewis Black were hosts do I recall seeing it get much info.

Now that more people watch that, the "comedic president" is getting better writers.

I remember Bush doing it and Clinton, but really only if you watched the news, and you'd see a few clips and that was it (maybe cable news would replay it at night). It wasn't an instant viral thing.

The first time I ever remember seeing an Al Smith dinner was in 2008.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)

Well done. I actually thought this was greg.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
I remember Bush doing it and Clinton, but really only if you watched the news, and you'd see a few clips and that was it (maybe cable news would replay it at night). It wasn't an instant viral thing.

The first time I ever remember seeing an Al Smith dinner was in 2008.

Yes I think that's the case for me too. Don't recall Kerry/Bush in 04 but I have to believe it came up because wasn't there a thing at the time of catholic churches refusing Kerry getting communion?

During Obama's term, technology has taken gigantic leaps which has caused a media explosion. In July 2008 we were just given the Iphone 3g, or the second iphone version. Twitter had just started and was just a blip compared to what it is today. We've never had the ability to follow candidates like this before.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)
During Obama's term, technology has taken gigantic leaps which has caused a media explosion. In July 2008 we were just given the Iphone 3g, or the second iphone version. Twitter had just started and was just a blip compared to what it is today. We've never had the ability to follow candidates like this before.

Obama said he's the most-photographed person who ever lived, he's probably right. It's not that Bush didn't exist in the internet era, but it took giant leaps under Obama.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
Well done. I actually thought this was greg.

i just wanted to post it and get it out here ahead of him so we could all move past it and continue with the thread

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
Obama said he's the most-photographed person who ever lived, he's probably right. It's not that Bush didn't exist in the internet era, but it took giant leaps under Obama.

Yeah, the differences between Clinton to Bush, and then Bush to Obama are just unreal. Ronnie might as well have existed in the stone age.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Yeah, the differences between Clinton to Bush, and then Bush to Obama are just unreal. Ronnie might as well have existed in the stone age.

Obama was the first politician to use social media as a big part of his campaign too. That was pretty unprecedented in 2008. Now everyone is doing it.

guys, Bill Clinton had extra marital affairs, and signed NAFTA(worst deal in the history of all deals*) and this in turn allowed people to remove babies on the last day of the 9th month, just rip them out.

*this deal is pretty close to as bad of a deal Chicago signed with Trump to build the Trump Spire.