NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
Awful. This series is over. Horrible decision. It was LA's only chance.

Definitely. And they conceded yesterday's game pitching the 20 year old. What a gift. But the Cubs will obviously take it. Why not? They'll beat Kershaw and that will be that. Lotta partying in Chicago Sat night.

LA might find a way to squeak out a victory on Saturday night but there is no way that they beat the Cubs twice in a row at Wrigley. Kershaw should have started tonight and then you use him out of the bullpen for 3-4 innings in a potential game 7.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 03:19 AM)
Dearlord take second. He can easily take second or easily get picked off with a good throw.

They psyched themselves out tonight. Could see it right away when Hernandez reached. Too busy trying to distract Lester tonight

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
The Dodgers basically conceded this game by not starting Kershaw and running Ruiz out there in the cleanup spot.

This is what several of us suggested earlier concerning Kershaw.

You HAD to pitch Kershaw. If you lose, you lose with best and by then it'll all but be done anyway. If you win with him Dodgers are 3-2 going into Wrigley, which is obviously different than down 3-2 with Kershaw going on the road in an elimination game.

Yes, even with Kershaw it may have still been the same score. I just feel it was a risk I wouldnt take

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 04:22 AM)
This is what several of us suggested earlier concerning Kershaw.

You HAD to pitch Kershaw. If you lose, you lose with best and by then it'll all but be done anyway. If you win with him Dodgers are 3-2 going into Wrigley, which is obviously different than down 3-2 with Kershaw going on the road in an elimination game.

Yes, even with Kershaw it may have still been the same score. I just feel it was a risk I wouldnt take

I really wonder if deep down they felt they would struggle to even score a run against Lester and didn't want to waste Kershaw? It would be a playing not to lose mentality....but so is not pitching him tonight

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
I really wonder if deep down they felt they would struggle to even score a run against Lester and didn't want to waste Kershaw? It would be a playing not to lose mentality....but so is not pitching him tonight

I think they realized that they were stuck between a rock and a hard place in any scenario. LA's lack of starting rotation depth was exposed big time in this series. There is no way that Kershaw and Hill hold the Cubs scoreless in two straight games at Wrigley. The Cubs are simply the better team and it is finally starting to show.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)

Yeah, I think it is actually a good decision. Yes, it doesn't look good right now, but if you don't win with Kershaw going against Hendricks than you weren't going to win the series anyways. Get the win in Kershaw's start Saturday night and take your chances on Sunday night with Hill versus Arrieta, whom you beat around a bit in game 3.

Starting Maeda tonight wasn't a terrible move. They had only given up 3 runs through 7, their pitching was good enough until their defense (including Baez) imploded in the 8th. I don't get not using Jansen there though with a day off tomorrow. Use your stud to give your offense a chance to come back.