NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
I'm not trying to be an ass but I actually would like to hear what you guys would have done for game 6 if Kershaw started tonight? You'd be good running Hill out there again on short rest?

Maeda.

It's not that he's better than Kershaw under any circumstance, I would have just preferred Kershaw at home Game 5, Maeda 6, Hill/Kershaw Game 7.

He gave LA the best chance of entering Wrigley up in the series

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:06 PM)
Oh I'm dense, but I can't forget the horrors of this season.

It's more a feeling of disgust, these are the best teams the NL has?

Cardinals, Mets and Nationals without all the injuries are probably better than the Dodgers and Giants in my opinion.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:17 PM)
Maeda.

It's not that he's better than Kershaw under any circumstance, I would have just preferred Kershaw at home Game 5, Maeda 6, Hill/Kershaw Game 7.

He gave LA the best chance of winning entering Wrigley up in the series

I don't get how that makes any sense but ok.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)
I don't know how I can further explain it.

Kershaw pitching at home in Game 5 gave LA the best chance to win prior to coming to Chicago. That's it

Kershaw and Hill on full rest > Kershaw and Hill on short rest

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 05:30 AM)

Kershaw pitching at home in Game 5 gave LA the best chance to win prior to coming to Chicago. That's it

I'd have done it your way Tizzle. Good luck to the Dodgers' way. I think Cubs beat Kershaw and that's that.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)

But the series doesn't end either way. If you want to pitch the exact same guys these two games you're telling us that you think Kershaw on short rest and Maeda on two days extra rest > than both of them on their normal schedule.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 07:08 AM)
But the series doesn't end either way. If you want to pitch the exact same guys these two games you're telling us that you think Kershaw on short rest and Maeda on two days extra rest > than both of them on their normal schedule.

But the Dodgers only hope was to keep the momentum and go up 3-2 and try to somehow scratch out a win in Chicago. No way Dodgers can win two. In fact Cubs are locks for Game Six.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 01:16 AM)
But the Dodgers only hope was to keep the momentum and go up 3-2 and try to somehow scratch out a win in Chicago. No way Dodgers can win two. In fact Cubs are locks for Game Six.

Just a garbage post. I'm nervous about Saturday, but assuming the Cubs are a lock against the best pitcher in the world, the same pitcher they already lost to at home earlier this series, is beyond ridiculous.

Maeda gave them a chance to win last night but Roberts use of the bullpen was very Ventura-like. Questionable at best.

Cubs are heavy favorites to close this thing out but you never know. They were in a similar situation (I would say even better situation) in 2003 and couldn't get it done, so we'll see.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 06:27 AM)
Maeda gave them a chance to win last night but Roberts use of the bullpen was very Ventura-like. Questionable at best.

Cubs are heavy favorites to close this thing out but you never know. They were in a similar situation (I would say even better situation) in 2003 and couldn't get it done, so we'll see.

Yep. Maeda should have gone 5, mix and match for 2 inning after, and then Jansen for last 2.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
Kershaw and Hill on full rest > Kershaw and Hill on short rest

Everyone seems to assume that Kershaw on short rest is a guaranteed 7 inning shut out. No way, even he can struggle a bit, especially when he's not fully rested. This way they have their two best starters going, fully rested and ready to roll. Not much else to ask for, especially with all their offensive struggles.

The game yesterday was 3-1 after 7 innings, Kershaw probably would have left with a similar result. Then they forgot how to play fundamental baseball. Roberts maybe could have brought in Jansen before the wheels completely off in the 8th.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 07:28 AM)
Everyone seems to assume that Kershaw on short rest is a guaranteed 7 inning shut out. No way, even he can struggle a bit, especially when he's not fully rested. This way they have their two best starters going, fully rested and ready to roll. Not much else to ask for, especially with all their offensive struggles.

The game yesterday was 3-1 after 7 innings, Kershaw probably would have left with a similar result. Then they forgot how to play fundamental baseball. Roberts maybe could have brought in Jansen before the wheels completely off in the 8th.

Exactly!

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 21, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
You're lucky you're in Phoenix and don't have to deal with so many cubs fans like we do.

I'm back in the northern burbs. It doesn't bother me as much as others in here. There are a handful of friends who congratulated me in 05 and I'll do the same if they win.

We also lost a family friend, who was a Cubs die hard, 2 days ago to cancer. I was hoping she'd make it a couple more weeks in case they won it all but she didn't, so I'll be happy for her if they do.

And then there are the annoying people on facebook who think Rizzo apologizing to the ump was a great moment in sports.