World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (aryzner @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
This was a game I was sure the Indians were going to lose coming into it.

This was a game the Cubs were supposed to win. This was a game the Cubs needed to win. They lose this and now they're staring Kluber in the face tomorrow. They could win the final 3, but with Miller out in that pen all Cleveland needs to do is get a lead in one of those 3 and the Cubs have to beat the best in the game.

The Cubs now have to beat Kluber tomorrow. It's that simple. They lost a game they should win, now they have to win a game where they're outgunned.

(Fist pump)

The best news of this game is Miller will be able to go again tomorrow with under 20 pitches.

Still can't believe Shaw got through 1 2/3 without a run given up.

Just gives you an idea of how goof the Indians are to do this without Brantley, Santana and Carrasco. That would be like the Sox without Eaton, Quintana and Rodon still going 9-2 against 3 of the top 5-6 teams in baseball.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
The best news of this game is Miller will be able to go again tomorrow with under 20 pitches.

Still can't believe Shaw got through 1 2/3 without a run given up.

Just gives you an idea of how goof the Indians are to do this without Brantley, Santana and Carrasco. That would be like the Sox without Eaton, Quintana and Rodon still going 9-2 against 3 of the top 5-6 teams in baseball.

This is why you build a strong organization, you don't try to patch holes and pretend everything will work.

Sigh.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
Also crazy how the only wind-aided ball was the one Chisenhall couldn't handle against Soler.

Especially with Tomlin giving up 26 homers in less than a full season of starts.

Tomlin has been extremely impressive all postseason. He did this against an even better offense earlier this month, Red Sox.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/why-josh...een-in-a-while/

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
This is why you build a strong organization, you don't try to patch holes and pretend everything will work.

Sigh.

The 2005 White Sox would handle this Indians team with ease. They have some key injuries but its kind of embarrassing for the league for them to win it all. I don't think their team is that great. Not that I'd want the Cubs to win or anything.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
I dropped a little coin on the Cubs -1.5 tonight and for them to win the Series in 5. It really feels like the Tribe are bringing a knife to a gunfight. I don't see them winning a single game at Wrigley.

Doh!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Kluber is going on three days rest so I'm not expecting game 1 out of him, but it's still a very favorable match up

Yeah, this is how I feel as well. The Indians have the edge tomorrow, but the Cubs had the big edge tonight and you see where that got them.

I'd rather be in Francona's shoes right now than Maddon's, but this is far from over.