World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 10:25 PM)
God it kills me that we could have had Francona as manager instead of Robin.

Did he even want the job? The Bears could've easily had Arians instead of Trestman. I don't get the impression that high profile free agents/managers have wanted to join the White Sox especially in the last 5-8 years.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 10:29 PM)
Not sure he was ready after 2011.

That one season with ESPN seemed to really revitalize him and rekindle his love of managing.

It's a darn shame we don't have any precedent of guys within our organization who were managers that were hired for 1 year and then replaced when a much more experienced manager came available that would be a relevant point of comparison.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
Did he even want the job? The Bears could've easily had Arians instead of Trestman. I don't get the impression that high profile free agents/managers want to join the White Sox especially in the last 5-8 years.

Francona's stock was so low after the 2011 collapse. I'm sure we could have gotten him. There were rumors.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
The cubs fans look...really happy.

That's cause most of them aren't there for the baseball. It's just part of the festivities.

When you look at what's happened in Wrigleyville the past 2 days with all the early drinking and the bars with large lines. It's as if it was some kind of drinking holiday featuring a World Series game.

Edited by chw42

It pains me to say this but it must be said now. The Cubs are going to take the next three and win it all. This series wreaks of the nba finals. Cubs ain't losin' three at wrigley. Just ain't happening. It's goin' back to Cleveland where they will unleash the loch ness monster that is Schwarber and ride their superior pitching matchups to the title. don't want it to happen. but its gonna.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
It pains me to say this but it must be said now. The Cubs are going to take the next three and win it all. This series wreaks of the nba finals. Cubs ain't losin' three at wrigley. Just ain't happening. It's goin' back to Cleveland where they will unleash the loch ness monster that is Schwarber and ride their superior pitching matchups to the title. don't want it to happen. but its gonna.

How does it wreak of the NBA Finals when the Cubs are basically the Warriors? lol

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most predictable post ever, although I'll give some creativity points for claiming "it pains me".

Jesus f***ing Christ. You're unbearable.

Frank just had a spectacular moment on the postgame. Rose and the other two guys came out and said "I think the Cubs are in a good place right now, they've got their aces going tomorrow and in game 6 and then they're set up to take this to game 7".

Frank's turn comes up and he just says f*** this the Cubs are in trouble, they need to go win a game tomorrow, they're desperate and their backs are to the wall, it's all hands on deck.

Whatever. Win a home game. That's all the best team in baseball by far has to do. Get it back to Cleveland and it will be like when the Aliens stole noot and sigorney weaver went HAM on that ass. Just watch, folks. No, I don't want it to happen. But the Cubs will win a a WS. and it's gonna happen this year.

I love that Kyle Schwarber, AKA Babe Scwarber, AKA the Lochness Monster, is both the Cubs' savior and scapegoat. I've already heard claims that the Cubs lost these past two games because Babe wasn't healthy enough to play the OF, while they're all but certain to win games 6 & 7 when they can finally unleash the Lochness Monster. s*** is absolutely hilarious.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
Whatever. Win a home game. That's all the best team in baseball by far has to do. Get it back to Cleveland and it will be like when the Aliens stole noot and sigorney weaver went HAM on that ass. Just watch, folks. No, I don't want it to happen. But the Cubs will win a a WS. and it's gonna happen this year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's amazing how many horrible predictions come out of your mouth and yet you always come back louder and more obnoxious.