World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
Most expensive World Series tickets ever are down to $750 on StubHub tonight if anyone wants to go.

Cubs are -225 favorites tonight and probably will be favored in games 6 and 7. Then again, lots of good that did them in games 3 and 4

I am cool with cubs being favored. I won good money the past couple of days betting on the indians with an underdog line.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
It pains me to say this but it must be said now. The Cubs are going to take the next three and win it all. This series wreaks of the nba finals. Cubs ain't losin' three at wrigley. Just ain't happening. It's goin' back to Cleveland where they will unleash the loch ness monster that is Schwarber and ride their superior pitching matchups to the title. don't want it to happen. but its gonna.

Yeah OK this is not the NBA.

It's amazing how little respect Cleveland is getting. They're 10-2 in the postseason and absolutely dominating while the Cubs are 8-5 and have been shut out 4 times. They must have a huge chip on their shoulder and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended it tonight.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
It's amazing how little respect Cleveland is getting. They're 10-2 in the postseason and absolutely dominating while the Cubs are 8-5 and have been shut out 4 times. They must have a huge chip on their shoulder and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended it tonight.

Correction: Cubs are 8-6 so far in the playoffs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
It seems the one thing the White Sox did right this year was to get their butts kicked by Cleveland early and often this year so that they could make the playoffs.

But that one 3 run hr Avi game was great

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)

That is because media handed the Cubs the title since spring training. I now am seeing excuse it is a year too early for Cubs, but they will be back by birthright in WS every year the next 5 seasons :lol:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
That is because media handed the Cubs the title since spring training. I now am seeing excuse it is a year too early for Cubs, but they will be back by birthright in WS every year the next 5 seasons :lol:

Not sure why people keep thinking they are a lock to dominate for the next 5 years. Yes, they have a very good young core but the thing that carrried them more than anything else this season, their pitching, has some major question marks after the next two years. Their best reliever hits free agency this offseason and 3/5 of their starting rotation hits free agency next offseason. Plus, Lester turns 33 this offseason and the only place for him to go in the coming years is down. In my eyes, their best opportunity to win a title with this group is this year and next.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

I'll give the Cubs organization credit. They had a plan. They executed a plan. They won a pennant, which is an accomplishment. And their window for winning will still be there the next few years. That's the baseball side of it...good for them.

As far as their stupid fans...nothing would make me happier than to see them lose all three games at Wrigley in their first World Series in 71 years. All that money spent by d-bags just to see them lose...would love it!

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
Not sure why people keep thinking they are a lock to dominate for the next 5 years. Yes, they have a very good young core but the thing that carrried them more than anything else this season, their pitching, has some major question marks after the next two years. Their best reliever hits free agency this offseason and 3/5 of their starting rotation hits free agency next offseason. Plus, Lester turns 33 this offseason and the only place for him to go in the coming years is down. In my eyes, their best opportunity to win a title with this group is this year and next.

Wait. What happened to the 14 year brave run they will have I kept hearing about? :P

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 05:12 PM)
I'll give the Cubs organization credit. They had a plan. They executed a plan. They won a pennant, which is an accomplishment. And their window for winning will still be there the next few years. That's the baseball side of it...good for them.

As far as their stupid fans...nothing would make me happier than to see them lose all three games at Wrigley in their first World Series in 71 years. All that money spent by d-bags just to see them lose...would love it!

Good point about the morons who spent all that money for two games that arguably were misery for Cub fans. A shutout for gosh sakes and another bad offensive performance in a five-run defeat. Not worth 10,000 bucks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Good point about the morons who spent all that money for two games that arguably were misery for Cub fans. A shutout for gosh sakes and another bad offensive performance in a five-run defeat. Not worth 10,000 bucks.

I heard someone paid 23,000 for a prime seat.

Lester couldn't have started off any better :P.

But that was to be expected. Let's see how Bauer does.

Would love for this series to end here tonight. Save me time from posting/worrying about it during the week. Finally getting motivated to do my school work again. :P