World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Kluber/Miller will be a tough nut to crack as well.

For sure, the Cubs just have the advantage hitting wise though.

It is funny how if everything goes to plan, you will see these six pitchers and no one else. Hendricks/Lester/Chapman vs Kluber/Miller/Allen. If someone else pitches, then you might be in trouble.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
I know the Cubs have the better lineup but they literally have done nothing against him the 1st two times they faced him.

1 run in 12 innings. 15 Ks and 1 BB.

Why should I think that changes?

Because the bottom is dropping out of the Indians! And the Cubs are OBVIOUSLY going to win tonight! And there simply is NO WAY the Indians can win the series - they're shook!

And all kinds of other ridiculous nonsense that about 4-5 posters have been repeating ad nauseum while the rest of us have been responding to the actual games...and facts...and stuff.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:11 AM)
Because the bottom is dropping out of the Indians! And the Cubs are OBVIOUSLY going to win tonight! And there simply is NO WAY the Indians can win the series - they're shook!

And all kinds of other ridiculous nonsense that about 4-5 posters have been repeating ad nauseum while the rest of us have been responding to the actual games...and facts...and stuff.

Shook. HAHAHA

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
remember when greg told me I was dumb for making those bets on the indians the nights the indians won?

francona is too good of a manager to lose 3 in a row.

In case you missed this from Greg..

I told u guys the Cubs were a lock and to bet the house. Did anybody follow my good advice?

Cubs will wrap it up. It's simple, folks. The Cubs DEFINITELY have the better team. Case closed.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
remember when greg told me I was dumb for making those bets on the indians the nights the indians won?

Greg guaranteed Cubs in 5. It's unfortunate he now lives under a viaduct after losing his life savings.

So, how crazy is it going to get if the Cubs win tonight? I actually thought the night they won the pennant was pretty tame all things considered, especially with it being a Saturday.

I'm guessing the potential parade would be Friday. Good luck to anyone that has to commute to work downtown that day.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)

Then he had the nerve to come back the next morning and use the exact same reasoning for why they would win that evening.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
So, how crazy is it going to get if the Cubs win tonight? I actually thought the night they won the pennant was pretty tame all things considered, especially with it being a Saturday.

I'm guessing the potential parade would be Friday. Good luck to anyone that has to commute to work downtown that day.

Harry Caray ghost will appear with a can of Budweiser and mispronounce the players names. :lol:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
It's obvious you're just finding any reason to post in here about how much you love the Cubs since you obviously know nothing about Vegas.

I don't love the Cubs dude. I just realize a really good baseball team when I see one. I have posts on here talking about celebrating on South Halsted Street back in October of 05.

I know how Vegas works too. The $ is obviously pouring in on the Cubs. Just rare to see a home underdog with their ace going.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
why would the cubs riot if they lose?

Yea I don't see it either. Its been more of a "Well.. theres always next year... but we'll actually win it cause our team is so young!.. Oh dude.. check out that chick with the tits over there. Lets go talk to her!!" vibes.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
If the Cubs lose, it could look like Vancouver after their cup loss a few years back.

I don't know man, Canadiens are their own breed with that stuff. The same s*** happened in Montreal in the past too. I don't see Cubs fans getting that upset, it will just be the standard Wrigleyville sloppiness.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)

I think it'll be Tuesday or Wednesday. Either way, I was told I can work from home that day :P

I don't think the city will burn.. I've been saying it will for a while, but after the Cubs won the NLCS it's just a bunch of drunk party-goers littering and being asinine human beings. I'd much rather see riots and the burning of city, well, not exactly for sports reasons, but I'd take it, but I don't expect any of it to go down win/lose.

As for this game, my money is slightly on the Indians. They haven't lost 3 in a row this year (I think per this thread earlier) and Kluber on the mound with a recharged bullpen. Hendricks isn't exactly lester or roided up Arriereta and the Indians are at home (although this benefit is neutralized by Schwarbers presence).

They won't make a mistake like they did in Game 6 with the outfield error again and it should be a close game.

Great series for baseball, not a good time to be a Sox fan (cubbies will grow this generation). I am looking forward to tonight's game.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
I don't think the city will burn.. I've been saying it will for a while, but after the Cubs won the NLCS it's just a bunch of drunk party-goers littering and being asinine human beings. I'd much rather see riots and the burning of city, well, not exactly for sports reasons, but I'd take it, but I don't expect any of it to go down win/lose.

As for this game, my money is slightly on the Indians. They haven't lost 3 in a row this year (I think per this thread earlier) and Kluber on the mound with a recharged bullpen. Hendricks isn't exactly lester or roided up Arriereta and the Indians are at home (although this benefit is neutralized by Schwarbers presence).

They won't make a mistake like they did in Game 6 with the outfield error again and it should be a close game.

Great series for baseball, not a good time to be a Sox fan (cubbies will grow this generation). I am looking forward to tonight's game.

For the love of God, please sit Chisenhall!