World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Amazing how all these sports writers are picking the Cubs. Few went with Indians. Must be the popular thing to do.

Its because the Cubs were probably the best team in the league during the regular season. Isnt hard to figure out

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
They said on the score if, say it went 6 and the rain was awful, it would be suspended to tomorrow and thats when they'd finish it.

Thats nice and all but I doubt it. The 05 Sox played game 2 in a miserable cold rain for pretty much the entire game

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
They said on the score if, say it went 6 and the rain was awful, it would be suspended to tomorrow and thats when they'd finish it.

I thought I heard last night that a post season game can't be partially played. It would be suspended and finished later if it couldn't be played fully. You can't have a 7 inning World Series game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
I thought I heard last night that a post season game can't be partially played. It would be suspended and finished later if it couldn't be played fully. You can't have a 7 inning World Series game.

Unless the cubs are winning when it is suspended then the rules change.

The 2008 World Series changed things. Their first priority will be to play the game uninterrupted or at least on the same night, but the last resort would be suspending a game in progress and finishing the next night. That would be unfortunate though. If it looks bad at 6-9 pm, and the window is better for tomorrow, they'll play 4 nights in a row (the 4th, if necessary).

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)

Re-read what I said haha I said it would be suspended and finished the next day.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
And then looked dead again last night.

No one is disputing the Cubs talent here, but it seems like a number of folks have themselves so wrapped up in their hype that they refuse to approach them rationally.

Yes, the Indians' rotation has been decimated by injuries. Yes, Josh Tomlin and Trevor Bauer did not have the seasons that Jake Arrieta and Kyle Hendricks had. However, this is not new. This is has been the same commentary for two other playoff series now. Meanwhile, the Indians are 8-1 in the Postseason.

Tomlin had a brutal August but has been very solid since.

Bauer is very inconsistent, but when he is on, he might have the nastiest stuff of any starting pitcher on either team.

Yes, on paper, the Cubs appear to have a large edge in the starting pitching department. But at some point, wake up and look at what the Indians have done.

I'm wide awake and know the Tribe are a good baseball team. They've been kicking the Sox rear ends ( and most of the AL central) the last couple years.

I just think the Cubs are the more talented team and are next to impossible to beat in a 7 game series. Their bats are gonna wake up tonight against Bauer. Hendricks at Wrigley in game 3 is almost a guaranteed victory as well. The Cubs got to Kershaw the second time around at Wrigley and I think they will do the same to Kluber. I hope I'm wrong, but I see the Cubs rattling off 3 straight Ws starting tonight.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
I'm wide awake and know the Tribe are a good baseball team. They've been kicking the Sox rear ends ( and most of the AL central) the last couple years.

I just think the Cubs are the more talented team and are next to impossible to beat in a 7 game series. Their bats are gonna wake up tonight against Bauer. Hendricks at Wrigley in game 3 is almost a guaranteed victory as well. The Cubs got to Kershaw the second time around at Wrigley and I think they will do the same to Kluber. I hope I'm wrong, but I see the Cubs rattling off 3 straight Ws starting tonight.

I didn't realize Kluber pitched in all 9 post season games for Cleveland so far in order for them to get their 8 wins. /sarcasm

In all seriousness, in non-Kluber post season games, the Tribe are 5-0 while giving up on average 2 runs per game. And this was against two very good offensive teams.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)

The Cubs have a better overall team, but the Indians are hot right now and that may end up mattering more. This is a team that held the vaunted Red Sox offense to seven runs over three games. Indians starting pitching may be dinged up, but it's really good and their bullpen is excellent.

I don't know who will win this series but, as I said last week, I wouldn't want to play the Indians right now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
I didn't realize Kluber pitched in all 9 post season games for Cleveland so far in order for them to get their 8 wins. /sarcasm

In all seriousness, in non-Kluber post season games, the Tribe are 5-0 while giving up on average 2 runs per game. And this was against two very good offensive teams.

I can't think of a defensible argument for why the Tribe could win 3 straight against Boston's lineup, which may be the best in baseball. Except one - they did it.