World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
Anyone brave/rich enough to do the Wrigley bar scene today?

I was invited to a bbq/cubs party on saturday night. My friend lives on Sheffield near the corner of Belmont. He has a huge roof deck where you can see Wrigley field. Not sure if i want to deal the traffic and the fans.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Apparently Tomlin has been throwing more curveballs recently too (over 40% against the Jays) and the Cubs aren't very good against them. With that said, I'm still seriously considering taking Cubs - 2.5 +180

I dropped a little coin on the Cubs -1.5 tonight and for them to win the Series in 5. It really feels like the Tribe are bringing a knife to a gunfight. I don't see them winning a single game at Wrigley.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 12:30 PM)
Why are people paying hundreds of dollars to get into a bar? Wouldn't it be much better to throw a party at home with family and friends?

I think most of the people paying hundreds of dollars to get into a bar are some combination of A) single, B) in their 20's, C) from the burbs or out of state.

I watched most of the Sox run in 05 at family or friends houses and I was only two years out of undergrad. Being at a bar with a bunch of strangers was too distracting. Every pitch is so important in the WS.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
I played the cubs moneyline at -200, that seems like a gimme.

Been playing the money line all playoff on the cub or not at all. Been some really nice wins on cub as I figured every game would be 2 to 1 at least. That was how it was in the Wodd/Prior days.

Baseball is a funny game, but if there is any that seems like a lock for the Cubs to win, it's this one.

Anyone listen to boars and bernstein just now? If sunday is a clinching game it would be the most anticipated sporting event ever in the history of sports and in 2005 the vibe was not there blah blah blah. I can't wait until this series is over.

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
Why are people paying hundreds of dollars to get into a bar? Wouldn't it be much better to throw a party at home with family and friends?

Not sure if this will make sense, but I'll try. So much of being a Cubs fan is about being a Cubs fan. In a way, the team itself is irrelevant. It's about Wrigley Field, the 7th inning stretch that Harry Caray invented on the north side, famous fan boys, Wrigleyville bars, etc.

That's what makes their fans such d-bags. When they go to an away park, all they care about is how many more Cubs fans are there than for the home team.

This isn't meant to be the usual "they don't care about the score" argument either. I just feel like they are so caught up in the idea that they are Cubs fans that they have to gather in large numbers just to make a statement.

Watch - the big story IF they win will be how many more fans are at the parade and how the Sox parade pales in comparison.

The fact is, the Sox did it first. And the Sox did it better.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 03:55 PM)
Not sure if this will make sense, but I'll try. So much of being a Cubs fan is about being a Cubs fan. In a way, the team itself is irrelevant. It's about Wrigley Field, the 7th inning stretch that Harry Caray invented on the north side, famous fan boys, Wrigleyville bars, etc.

That's what makes their fans such d-bags. When they go to an away park, all they care about is how many more Cubs fans are there than for the home team.

This isn't meant to be the usual "they don't care about the score" argument either. I just feel like they are so caught up in the idea that they are Cubs fans that they have to gather in large numbers just to make a statement.

Watch - the big story IF they win will be how many more fans are at the parade and how the Sox parade pales in comparison.

The fact is, the Sox did it first. And the Sox did it better.

This!