World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 03:01 AM)
Jeyward should be thankful Napoli bailed him out or he would be heading for even deeper doghouse status...

Yet had Heyward been playing the whole game, Cleveland may never have scored. Soler just had an awful defensive reaction to that Crisp single, Heyward may have gotten there.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
The best news of this game is Miller will be able to go again tomorrow with under 20 pitches.

Still can't believe Shaw got through 1 2/3 without a run given up.

Just gives you an idea of how goof the Indians are to do this without Brantley, Santana and Carrasco. That would be like the Sox without Eaton, Quintana and Rodon still going 9-2 against 3 of the top 5-6 teams in baseball.

Still hard to believe that the White Sox had a better non-divisional record (46-40) than the Indians (45-41) this year. Cleveland simply dominated within the division while the White Sox got beat up by the top 3 teams in the division.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 05:33 AM)
Still hard to believe that the White Sox had a better non-divisional record (46-40) than the Indians (45-41) this year. Cleveland simply dominated within the division while the White Sox got beat up by the top 3 teams in the division.

I honestly think the Sox would have a real chance in a seven game series against the Giants, Dodgers, or Indians.

I love how mentally fragile some of my Cub fan friends can be......

After last night's game I posted on FB "Don't worry my Cub fan friends....i remember back in 2005 when the Sox were down to the 'stros 2 games to 1 when they......oh wait.....Sox SWEPT when they went to the Series......"

couple of my friends really went nuts........lol....haven't been called a douchebag in 10 years.....haha

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 07:52 AM)
I honestly think the Sox would have a real chance in a seven game series against the Giants, Dodgers, or Indians.

Giants and Dodgers, yes. Cleveland, no. White Sox would need 1 or 2 shutdown bullpen arms to compete with Cleveland in a short series IMO.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 07:54 AM)

After last night's game I posted on FB "Don't worry my Cub fan friends....i remember back in 2005 when the Sox were down to the 'stros 2 games to 1 when they......oh wait.....Sox SWEPT when they went to the Series......"

couple of my friends really went nuts........lol....haven't been called a douchebag in 10 years.....haha

I was invited to a bbq/cubs party tonight at my friend's condo near Belmont and Sheffield. He has a roof deck where you can see Wrigley Field. Not sure if I want to deal with that tonight.

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
I was invited to a bbq/cubs party tonight at my condo near Belmont and Sheffield. He has a roof deck where you can see Wrigley Field. Not sure if I want to deal with that tonight.

Kluber pitching for a 3-1 lead. Cubs fans on a roof. Not a good mix. I think I would pass.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (CyAcosta41 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:01 PM)
Exactly!

I agonized endlessly at an intellectual level, finally settling on (a) not actively rooting against the Cubs, and (b) focusing on the joy that the many Cubs fan relatives and friends in my life would receive if the previously unthinkable should occur (after all, we won that Sox vs Cubs bragging right race in 2005).

But it took one pitch, one shot of a Cubs fan whooping it up, to remind me that intellectual analysis means nothing when you're talking "fandom." I can't stand the Cubs, their overall fan-base, and the thought of them winning makes me ill at a visceral level. It really does.

Go Tribe, Go.

I think this is the conflict most Sox fans have. It's not going to be the end of the world for me if they win. I'd be happy for my friends and family (but not for anyone else's). And, I really don't want them to win.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 07:54 AM)

That in itself is quite the accomplishment

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 06:05 AM)
Yet had Heyward been playing the whole game, Cleveland may never have scored. Soler just had an awful defensive reaction to that Crisp single, Heyward may have gotten there.

Of course, no guarantee he throws out a runner at third or gets a triple to advance into scoring position, either.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
Sort of reminds me of the Cavs/Warriors finals where everyone pretty much had the Warriors coronated before the series began.

Except the Indians' superstar is Francona rather than an individual player, at least in the eyes of a majority of the media.

Kluber and Lindor just aren't name brands nationally. Miller, a set up guy, might actually be the most famous coming into the series.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
Except the Indians' superstar is Francona rather than an individual player, at least in the eyes of a majority of the media.

Kluber and Lindor just aren't name brands nationally. Miller, a set up guy, might actually be the most famous coming into the series.

Andrew Miller.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
Andrew Miller.

If he had never played for Boston or NYY, perhaps not...same with Francona managing Boston. Both are going to sting just a bit for Red Sox fans if the Indians win, although 2013 cured some of that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jon-hamm-trol...-053705870.html

Jon Hamm wears 1900-1919 style Cardinals' cap to Wrigley.

Edited by caulfield12

So big game for the Cubs tonight. Almost a must win.

They go against Kluber in a 2-1 series. If they lose the second game of 3 at home, they will almost surely face defeat at some point in the 3 games after.

For the Indians, it's a pretty big game. One of the key's about this series going into it, was winning the Kluber starts. If they go down and the series goes 2-2, that might not as bad as it seems, but losing this Kluber start would put the pressure on them as they will likely be the underdogs in game 5. Going down 2-3 heading back to Cleveland isn't terrible, but it isn't a good option either.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
Cubs got to Kershaw the 2nd time(on 3 days rest), not saying it's gonna happen but it certainly wouldn't shock me if the same thing happens with Kluber.

When? Kershaw was on extra rest which was the problem.