World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well gentlemen, the only thing I can say is this feels a bit like being at a funeral for an old long suffering

family member. It's sad, and you wish it didn't happen ever, or like this, but you knew it would happen at some point.

That said, if you grew up in Bridgeport or Beverly or Palos or flossmor, you know what it's like to be a sox fan. It's an identity, a way of life. You aren't taking any solace in seeing your friends from the other side of town happy about this. It pisses you off. But in the end, we won first. 2005 happened before 2016. And part of my identity as a sox fan is strengthened, just like a family is strengthened with the loss of a loved one. I live 350+ miles away from the south side now and I hardly know any Cubs fans anymore. But this s*** goes back along time. And I'll say it now just like I always have. f*** the Cubs. Best team in baseball or not. I'm a sox fan. Alway will be.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
Doubt it. They are having a cub's party tomorrow at work

The tribe can barely turn a double play on a Scharwber routine ground ball. They have as much chance of coming back tonight as I have with sleeping with Kate Upton.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 02:35 AM)
well gentlemen, the only thing I can say is this feels a bit like being at a funeral for an old long suffering

family member. It's sad, and you wish it didn't happen ever, or like this, but you knew it would happen at some point.

That said, if you grew up in Bridgeport or Beverly or Palos or flossmor, you know what it's like to be a sox fan. It's an identity, a way of life. You aren't taking any solace in seeing your friends from the other side of town happy about this. It pisses you off. But in the end, we won first. 2005 happened before 2016. And part of my identity as a sox fan is strengthened, just like a family is strengthened with the loss of a loved one. I live 350+ miles away from the south side now and I hardly know any Cubs fans anymore. But this s*** goes back along time. And I'll say it now just like I always have. f*** the Cubs. Best team in baseball or not. I'm a sox fan. Alway will be.

This is perfect, it does feel like the end of an era