Ken Williams Should be on the Hot Seat

whitesoxjr27

The White Sox desperately need to make changes in their front office. Ken Williams has been with the organization since 2000 but has failed to produce results. If they have another losing season, they should have no choice but to cut him loose.

The Chicago White Sox have had the same front office in place for a long time. There is a lot of blame to go around but executive vice president Ken Williams should shoulder most of it. After giving the day-to-day operations of general manager to Rick Hahn, he has become nothing but a distraction. Because of this, the organization is in turmoil and needs a change. Williams should be handed his walking papers if this team has a repeat of 2016 next season.

http://southsideshowdown.com/2016/11/02/wh...liams-hot-seat/

KW is a major albatross. We must hire better managers and coaches and scouts and must acquire some GOOD players in free agency, not these stiffs he's been bringing in.

Kenny got one WS. Now let him go to the Oakland Raiders or whereever he wants.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
KW is a major albatross. We must hire better managers and coaches and scouts and must acquire some GOOD players in free agency, not these stiffs he's been bringing in.

Kenny got one WS. Now let him go to the Oakland Raiders or whereever he wants.

yeah...the fact that Chicago as well as the rest of the country just witnessed what Theo accomplished...what he said he'd do is what stings Sox fans. He completely tore down a team and had a model/vision...pretty much what most around here have been clamoring for...for how many years now? I'm hoping yesterday was a huge kick in the sac to JR and the entire front office. Doubt it...but hoping.

The fact that KW and Hahn are still around is beyond me. I am 100% convinced they will be around as long as JR still has a heat beat. The only way we see significant front office changes is when we see a new ownership. The Blackhawks and Cubs have both proven that. Rocky Wirtz saw the problems within the organization and made changes right away! Tom Rickets followed suit when he took over the Cubs.

Now we can hope--Jerry and his cronies can change and come up with an actual game plan. However, how many more failed attempts and playoffless seasons must we experience before that happens?!?

White Sox fans deserve better. We are loyal and hungry for a winner. If that means a 2-3 year rebuild so we can be really good for 5-6 straight seasons-- i'm on board. In fact, MOST White Sox fans will be on board.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 08:32 AM)
Also, if they do in fact tap into the FA market or make more 'middle of the road' acquisitions, because they feel 'They are close'. And their explanation for avoiding a rebuild is that "White Sox fans don't have patience for that!"

I WILL FLIP MY LID!

+1,000,000

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
I'm praying for it.

I remember when Kenny was pretty transparent about his goals for our team. Nowadays he can't be found and butts in at the weirdest times with the media to defend the honor of Hahn and their piss poor decisions and lack of direction. He has officially put a strain on his relationship with the fanbase. The fans do not trust him anymore. Nor do they respect and/or trust that Hahn is really in charge of player personnel. KW should not only be on the hot seat, but he should have left a long time ago.

Us White Sox fans are trapped into hoping these stubborn executives can finally admit to their wrongdoings and set a new goal for a rebuild and be clear and open about it. It's a shame JR is too old to even care about wins or loses anymore. For him it's only about profit and personal relationships. If this was any other franchise, Hahn and KW would have been fired a long time ago.

Robin had to walk away on his own terms (apparently?) Another blinder by our fantastic front office.

Hopefully KW will seek employment elsewhere since JR is too wimpy to fire anyone these days.