Ken Williams Should be on the Hot Seat

whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
yeah...the fact that Chicago as well as the rest of the country just witnessed what Theo accomplished...what he said he'd do is what stings Sox fans. He completely tore down a team and had a model/vision...pretty much what most around here have been clamoring for...for how many years now? I'm hoping yesterday was a huge kick in the sac to JR and the entire front office. Doubt it...but hoping.

This is where it can be misleading. There wasn't anything really to tear down. There wasn't a Sale or Q tier player. This is where Sox fans are deluded. If you look at recent Sox drafting and development, it's more of a false hope trading two ace type pitchers are going to turn you into the Cubs. They have a competent front office and organizations like the Twins tried to recruit front office people from the Cubs.

The rebuild needs to happen off the field. I'm sure they will hire Tyler Flowers and Gordon Beckham to be an important part of the organization.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)
This is where it can be misleading. There wasn't anything really to tear down. There wasn't a Sale or Q tier player. This is where Sox fans are deluded. If you look at recent Sox drafting and development, it's more of a false hope trading two ace type pitchers are going to turn you into the Cubs. They have a competent front office and organizations like the Twins tried to recruit front office people from the Cubs.

The rebuild needs to happen off the field. I'm sure they will hire Tyler Flowers and Gordon Beckham to be an important part of the organization.

Well, he did have to deal with a lot of bad contracts and dead money. He did the right thing and traded players with bloated contracts by eating money. When he took over, their annual payroll had risen to $140m. He cut it down to about $85 million fairly quickly, and then focused on mid-level signings which he could leverage into prospects or other useful pieces at the trade deadline.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
I remember when Kenny was pretty transparent about his goals for our team.

2 years ago Williams said that Sox fans "can dream again." He and Hahn thought they put contending teams on the field the last 2 years. Those 2 don't know what constitutes a good baseball team or organization.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
2 years ago Williams said that Sox fans "can dream again." He and Hahn thought they put contending teams on the field the last 2 years. Those 2 don't know what constitutes a good baseball team or organization.

Yeah, why they didn't take your advice last winter and trade Eaton for whatever they could get, since he wasn't as good as his numbers , and build the team around Trayce Thompson is beyond me. They would be so much better off now. Stupid hero worshippers.

Edited by Dick Allen