White Sox Rebuild Thread

Dunt

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
I'm confused...he says he would be surprised if Sale was traded to Boston in a deal centered around Bennintendi.

Ok all, he tweeted like 3 conflicting things but he IS predicting Sale to Boston for Benintendi+ and a Frazier extension.

He later corrected "would be surprised" to "wouldn't be surprised"

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
Ok all, he tweeted like 3 conflicting things but he IS predicting Sale to Boston for Benintendi+ and a Frazier extension.

He later corrected "would be surprised" to "wouldn't be surprised"

Ok. I'm doing school work and just skimming twitter as I saw his original tweet. Thanks

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:17 PM)
My fear is that RH finally talked JR into a rebuild, and JR reluctantly agreed but made it clear that it needs to not take very long. And thus RH may be constrained to try to make the team competitive in two years or something.

You can't do what the Cubs did unless ownership is willing to buy into its GM' plans, even if those plans sound painful in the short term.

I don't know man. I just know there needs to be patience and not push the envelope too early and try to contend too early. Let guys develop so when you do try to contend, they're ready. I think the Cubs WS helps the patience on the South Side.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
No he said he thought sale would go to boston and would be centered around Benintendi. He said he wouldnt be surprised if the sox extended Frazier. He first messed up the frazier opinion and correctd it

Ahh, I see. It would help if someone would have linked to his corrected tweet.

Sale to Boston for Benintendi, Rodriguez, Swihart, Devers, and Kopech

Quintana to Dodgers for Puig, Urias, Verdugo, and Bellinger

Abreu and Jones to the Rangers for Mazara, Gallo, and Profar

Robertson to the Giants for Beede

Eaton to the Cardinals for Piscotty, Reyes, and Perez

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)

These all look like pie in the sky ideas.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)

Rather keep Quintana than take that deal tbh. Other deals not bad.

“We’ve always been focused on putting ourselves in the best position to win,” Hahn said. “At the same time, I think we’re veering away from the standpoint of looking for stopgaps. A lot of what we did in the last few years had been trying to enhance the short-term potential of the club to put ourselves in a position to win immediately. I feel the approach at this point is focusing on longer-term benefits. It doesn’t mean we won’t necessarily be in a good position in 2017. It means that our targets and whatever we’re hoping to accomplish have a little more longer-term fits in nature.”

This is the quote that frightens me.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
I should have bolded it...the part about it doesn't mean we won't be in a good position in 2017...

MLB ready players in these trades, or trying to cause more confusion by not fully saying that the Sox are gonna rebuild.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
MLB ready players in these trades, or trying to cause more confusion by not fully saying that the Sox are gonna rebuild.

They're gonna try increasing payroll and making the big signings they never did before. :lol:

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)

I'm concerned they will target too many mlb-ready players and dilute their returns.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 06:13 PM)
I mean if Hayes and Merkin are talking about it and Hayes did a CSN podcast for a half hour about it, then I'm a believer. Hayes normally is very tight lipped and doesn't tip things.

Yeah, but at this point, I am going off of what Hahn is saying.

Would love to see a full rebuild but I have a difficult time believing that JR will agree to rebuild at the tender age of 80. What scares me is the rumors that JR wants to win which means no rebuild. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if JR finally (after all these years) got his good friend (Alex Rodriguez) to DH for the Sox in '17. This would be a typical JR move.

Anyway. I really hope Merkin is right about the Sox looking like they will rebuild. Its been long overdue.