White Sox Rebuild Thread

Dunt

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
A cubs deal has to start with either Contreras or Schwarber. Schwarber actually makes a lot of sense as he really is a DH in waiting.

If Collins could catch, that'd be two great young hitters. Schwarber can't play first?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:45 PM)
Kaplan isn't on his show today, but the panel is still drunk on Cubs kool aide. They said the Cubs wouldn't trade Schwarber straight up for Sale.

Just saw the clip, and Pat Boyle said "maybe they could trade Soler, Almora and another piece for Sale". WOW

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
Just saw the clip, and Pat Boyle said "maybe they could trade Soler, Almora and another piece for Sale". WOW

Ya I watched it while taking a poop and wanted to flush that statement down the toilet as well LOL. What a crock of s***. Soler and Almora doesn't get Quintana.

*One rival executive’s read on the White Sox: “I think they’re in the exact same place they were in during the summer. They’ll listen on everyone, but I think they’ll focus on trying to move the short-term guys first and then listen on the big guys — and ultimately not move the big guys.”

The “short-term guys” are Frazier, second baseman Brett Lawrie and outfielder Melky Cabrera, all of whom are entering free-agent years, and closer David Robertson, who is signed through 2018.

The “big guys,” of course, are left-handers Chris Sale and Jose Quintana.

--per Rosenthal

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
Astros are in the market for a 1b/dh type. I'd offer them Abreu for some of their prospects. They have 4 or 5 of the top 100.

Was thinking this too. Abreu would be a a much cheaper option compared to Cabrera

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 10:18 PM)
*One rival executive’s read on the White Sox: “I think they’re in the exact same place they were in during the summer. They’ll listen on everyone, but I think they’ll focus on trying to move the short-term guys first and then listen on the big guys — and ultimately not move the big guys.”

The “short-term guys” are Frazier, second baseman Brett Lawrie and outfielder Melky Cabrera, all of whom are entering free-agent years, and closer David Robertson, who is signed through 2018.

--per Rosenthal

If Merkin is suggrsting we're rebuilding, it'a pretty much a certainty. Rosenthal has to be wrong here.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:00 PM)
Was thinking this too. Abreu would be a a much cheaper option compared to Cabrera

I wouldn't call it "much" cheaper. Miggy isn't going to command a ton heading into a decline and still being owed 200 mil

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)

--per Rosenthal

I'll literally vomit out of my asshole if we half measure this either way AGAIN.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
Him and Almora were the other two I was gonna flip with Happ and Soler

Eloy Jimenez is light years better than all four of those guys. You'd start there and take whatever else you could get. Soler is definitely worth a gamble, but he's got to be a final throw-in type.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
Ideally, trade Sale and Q to Boston and New York.

It's actually scary how well the Sox match up with Boston. Even though Dombrowski downplayed their need for starting pitching he did say they need a DH and relief help. That's Abreu and Jones. See if you could get a decent haul for those 2 before you give up Sale. Ideally I'd rather see Sale go to the NL.

Now say the Yankees offer a package for Sale I often wonder if a GM could get a better deal if they throw in a promise not to trade Q to Boston or other AL East teams.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 11:11 PM)
I wouldn't call it "much" cheaper. Miggy isn't going to command a ton heading into a decline and still being owed 200 mil

Also very true. He is going to have some really dead years at the end of that deal. His trade value has to be pretty close to zero because of that contract.