President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Stop wasting time and tell me what you think was hateful. Tell me why it's the reason our country is broken.

You wished for our next President to be an embarrassment. You are wishing ill will upon him. That hatred is what is killing America. That is why we are broken. Folks just like you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
So, "grabbing my musket" means fighting for their beliefs in a productive manner, but protesting is not productive? Just trying to understand.

Why is it ok for one group to not give up but the other HAS to give up? I understand that it's after the election, but Mr. Walsh said he was going to "grab his musket" if Trump lost. So, even the timing is the same.

Yes it means to continue to fight for liberty thru political discourse. To not just sit idly by while the liberals destroy this nation.

Protest is fine. Violence and ignorance is not.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
Yes it means to continue to fight for liberty thru political discourse. To not just sit idly by while the liberals destroy this nation.

I think there was quite a bit of violence the last time a group of people used muskets to settle a dispute.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
You wished for our next President to be an embarrassment. You are wishing ill will upon him. That hatred is what is killing America. That is why we are broken. Folks just like you.

No, I didn't. I already know that Donald Trump will be an embarrassment. He is right now. I hope that it will be limited to him personally, and not damage our country. I sincerely hope he is able to do things that grow the economy, fight crime, and keep America safe. I do not want anyone's lives to be made worse simply so it can be used as ammunition against him in 2020.

Maybe political discourse would be better off if people took some time to understand their political opponent's statements and positions, rather than misrepresent and demean them.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)

If he was making a metaphor about non-violent protest, then he probably should have omitted the instrument of violence.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
Experience is imperative to manage MLB teams, but to run the country....not really, besides Trump can teach any General a thing or two about ISIS, believe me.

Unless you're the White Sox.

Robin-Ventura-has-had-a-s-010.jpg

brett05

Joe Walsh meant violence with his tweet. The fact that you think otherwise shows you are blinded by your partisan bias.

If god forbid, Bernie Sanders said that same s***, it would have meant violence.

There is no way to spin that tweet.

I need more straight, white, conservative men to tell me that this escalated racism after the election is way overblown.

Penn students and staff are in an uproar after black freshmen students were added to a GroupMe group titled “N****r Lynching.”

LINK

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
In news Greg will enjoy, the professor who is always correct about elections and called a Trump victory when every thought it would never happen, is now predicting Trump will be impeached.

Helmut Norpoth?

Delegates to the Constitutional Convention that concocted the Electoral College rejected picking a president by popular vote for reasons that now seem historically remote, even quaint. Centuries before TV and social media, the bewigged delegates feared that each state’s voters (mostly white men who owned property) would know so little about the presidential candidates that they’d all back their state’s “favorite son” candidate and none of the contenders would get a majority. Plus, the delegates wanted to make sure small, less populous states didn’t feel left out.

Now about 38 states feel left out every four years as the presidential candidates spend all their time and money wooing about 12 battleground states, including North Carolina.

No other democracy uses this arcane system to pick its national leader. The United States shouldn’t either.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/poli...l#storylink=cpy

fwiw, the spread now is around 430,000 votes for Clinton

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (brett05 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
Joe was calling for people to keep fighting for their beliefs in a productive manner. To not turn tail and give up. *shaking my head*

I wish Joe Walsh would have clarified if he meant actually protesting or not. It would settle this whole argument.

Cw7KZlxVEAAkMt9.jpg

Oh wait. He did.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/12/politics/kel...taff/index.html

Chief of Staff should be named Monday.

Priebus pick, another sell-out by PT Trump.

Lewandowski or Bannon, at least he's honoring his pledges that got him elected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/opinion/...r-ideology.html

What Trump openly exposed about the GOP...identity politics over ideology

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-see-...-131824772.html

Please God, no Dr. Ben Carson as head of HHS...this is quickly becoming a nightmare there's no waking up from.

Edited by caulfield12

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ten-thousands-pr...-192907393.html

Notice in this set of 51 pictures that some of the Chinese anti-Trump protesters in NYC are afraid for their faces to be caught on the camera for fear of reprisals.

Picture 20, in one of the kinder comments ever seen on a sign..."Trump is unreliable"

Chinese woman also with the Trump/Hitler "We Build Walls" sign in pic 11

Edited by caulfield12