President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
Yes, but it does send a message that he's not fully committed to the job IMO. He's still wanting to be near his businesses.

Or maybe he likes to be in his home? I have seen articles posted else where how he is weird about sleeping in his own bed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
The president's home is the White House.

WAS

We are living in a new golden age of America, where things are now GREAT again. Trump is the next George Washington, Washington didnt live in the White House, neither will Trump!

I for one have accepted our new glorious leader and am thrilled that he has selected all Washington insiders to continue to run our country. As Donald says "I am going to drain the swamp" and by swamp he meant the Everglades. Mabye you didnt know, but the Everglades has some great land, maybe some of the greatest land Ive ever seen and we are making no money on it, actually losing money, and I dont know if you heard, but one time Trump ran a project that was underbudget and quicker than projected, so hell have the Everglades drained by January 30.

USA USA

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
WAS

We are living in a new golden age of America, where things are now GREAT again. Trump is the next George Washington, Washington didnt live in the White House, neither will Trump!

I for one have accepted our new glorious leader and am thrilled that he has selected all Washington insiders to continue to run our country. As Donald says "I am going to drain the swamp" and by swamp he meant the Everglades. Mabye you didnt know, but the Everglades has some great land, maybe some of the greatest land Ive ever seen and we are making no money on it, actually losing money, and I dont know if you heard, but one time Trump ran a project that was underbudget and quicker than projected, so hell have the Everglades drained by January 30.

USA USA

That's fantastic news!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
I can't knock much anything that he hit on last night. In fact, in general, I'm pretty happy with the more public stances he's taken since becoming president-elect. We will see how it continues. It actually is funny cause most of what he has put out I presume would have the mega die-hards who voted for him pretty upset.

If you're ok with deploying a gestapo army to round up 3 million people into camps in preparation for immediate deportation, and you're ok with a presidential special advisor who per sworn testimony didn't want his kids going to school with those jews, then you need to go back and double check your conscience.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
He looked in the camera and said "stop it" and some words before it. Go watch

He was silent after a week of hundreds of hate crimes occurring in his name. When was he going to proactively speak up on it? He was put on the spot and gave a tepid, dismissive response blaming the media for making a mountain out of a molehill. F*** that guy.

Reporter finally putting him on the spot regarding his silence:

Trump: I think it’s horrible if that’s happening. I think it’s built up by the press because, frankly, they’ll take every single little incident that they can find in this country, which could’ve been there before. If I weren’t even around doing this, and they’ll make into an event because that’s the way the

press is.

Lesley Stahl: Do any of you want to say anything about this fear that’s out there?

Trump, Jr.: I-- I think the fears, you know, while they may be there, some fabricated, some not-- are totally unfounded.

You call that a response? LOL

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:27 PM)
Giuliani front runner for secretary of state.

Glad Trump is doing his part to immediately dispel any idea of "benefit of the doubt"

Im just so tempted to be ridiculous lately. I know itll pass, but right now the first thought I had was doing what Republican's did to Hillary:

"You mean the guy who let 9/11 happen?"

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
He was silent after a week of hundreds of hate crimes occurring in his name. When was he going to proactively speak up on it? He was put on the spot and gave a tepid, dismissive response blaming the media for making a mountain out of a molehill. F*** that guy.

Reporter finally putting him on the spot regarding his silence:

You call that a response? LOL

At least he speaks the truth, the media does do exactly what he said.

You keep conveniently forgetting when he says Stop it, twice.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 06:19 PM)
You keep conveniently forgetting when he says Stop it, twice.

It's completely disingenuous. It's like saying "I'm sorry, but...". Why is there a but?

"Stop it everyone, but i don't think it's really even happening." is basically what he means.

God help the US if they approve Giuliani as Secretary of State...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/black-ve...-160950540.html

Black veteran refused free meal during Veteran's Day promotion at Chili's by PT TRUMP supporter

My Chinese wife has page after page on her social media of episodes in the US already with episodes like eggs being thrown at Chinese/Asians, go home, go back to China, CHINK.

The Chinese media is having a field day pointing out all of these episodes of "hate" against Chinese in the US (not only students, but American Born Chinese Descent/ABCD) as well as giving full coverage to all the anti-Trump protests.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)

Black veteran refused free meal during Veteran's Day promotion at Chili's by PT TRUMP supporter

My Chinese wife has page after page on her social media of episodes in the US already with episodes like eggs being thrown at Chinese/Asians, go home, go back to China, CHINK.

The Chinese media is having a field day pointing out all of these episodes of "hate" against Chinese in the US (not only students, but American Born Chinese Descent/ABCD) as well as giving full coverage to all the anti-Trump protests.

Your wife is being duped by the media. These things are not really happening. Just ask the president elect.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)

This is the field day the Chinese and North Korean governments were looking for. "Look at who those stupid Americans elected. Democracy is to blame!"

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
No, I didn't. I already know that Donald Trump will be an embarrassment. He is right now. I hope that it will be limited to him personally, and not damage our country. I sincerely hope he is able to do things that grow the economy, fight crime, and keep America safe. I do not want anyone's lives to be made worse simply so it can be used as ammunition against him in 2020.

Maybe political discourse would be better off if people took some time to understand their political opponent's statements and positions, rather than misrepresent and demean them.

You can deny it all you want but you absolutely wished ill will toward him. Take a page from Hillary and President Obama will ya?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
If he was making a metaphor about non-violent protest, then he probably should have omitted the instrument of violence.

Probably should so folks as yourself would not be so confused.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 02:42 PM)
brett05

Joe Walsh meant violence with his tweet. The fact that you think otherwise shows you are blinded by your partisan bias.

If god forbid, Bernie Sanders said that same s***, it would have meant violence.

There is no way to spin that tweet.

You are blinded by your partisan. If he meant violence there would have been much better choices, but hey it doesn't fit your narrative so you run with it.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
I wish Joe Walsh would have clarified if he meant actually protesting or not. It would settle this whole argument.

Cw7KZlxVEAAkMt9.jpg

Oh wait. He did.

I think many on this board need to know what the phrase civil disobedience means and how in many instances that is NOT what is happening now.