President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
Dude isn't even president yet and is already a clown.

good job america and I'm not talking about the trump voters, I'm talking about the millions who sat at home and didn't vote.

How many times do we have to go through this? Millions of Americans had a right to sit at home when given choices as horrific as Trump and Hillary Clinton.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
As long as they stand for the Anthem, I'm ok with them not voting.

This was unprecedented in terms of both candidates being terrible. How can you blame me for writing in somebody? My vote also was worthless in many's minds. Had Bernie been the candidate I'd probably had voted for him. He'd have been the "best of two horrible choices." With Hillary and Trump there was no way in hell I could vote for either. Both are disasters and also IMO bad people. Trump a ruthless one percenter; Hillary a liar and selfish one percenter.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
This was unprecedented in terms of both candidates being terrible. How can you blame me for writing in somebody? My vote also was worthless in many's minds. Had Bernie been the candidate I'd probably had voted for him. He'd have been the "best of two horrible choices." With Hillary and Trump there was no way in hell I could vote for either. Both are disasters and also IMO bad people. Trump a ruthless one percenter; Hillary a liar and selfish one percenter.

Your own descriptions of what you consider their flaws to be is telling enough. Nothing about the whole "White Supremacist/antisemite" part, and you don't even count him as a liar.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Laughing because that's the only way to deal with this garbage right now.

Preemptive impeachment seems reasonable at this point.

As excited as the White Supremacists are? Their majority in Congress won't touch that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
How many times do we have to go through this? Millions of Americans had a right to sit at home when given choices as horrific as Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, I wonder what percent of those who didn't vote, did so because they didn't want either one of those two anyway. Can't act like every non-vote would have gone to Hillary, or even enough of them to change the results. Hell, that was my position until my family guilted me in to deciding to vote, of which I screwed up anyway by apparently missing the registration deadline. My vote was going to Kasich though.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
Yeah, I wonder what percent of those who didn't vote, did so because they didn't want either one of those two anyway. Can't act like every non-vote would have gone to Hillary, or even enough of them to change the results. Hell, that was my position until my family guilted me in to deciding to vote, of which I screwed up anyway by apparently missing the registration deadline. My vote was going to Kasich though.

Bit isn't the popular vote margin already close to 1.4 million and expected to climb even further by the end of November?

It's already a 1 point spread head-to-head in favor of Clinton.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/facebook-ceo-pre...-145037063.html

World leaders at APEC aim at Trump on trade

LoL at Obama's line buried at the very end of the story. He must already be very tired trying to defend the guy.

He's going to fight all of them on Twitter tonight at 3 a.m.?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
Foreign diplomats get sales pitch for new DC Trump Hotel as way to curry favor with the new President.

Not a surprise, as they already lost their anchor restaurant over the whole set of anti-Mexican comments.

It explains partially why Ivanka was there, that project's her baby.

It's going to be interesting to see how many Trump-branded projects pop up outside of the US. Obviously, Kushner's background is in real estate development as well. No issue there at all with him having security clearance and getting a constant stream of insider information.

Then there are the golf courses and tournaments to track.

Ivanka's jewelry and clothing lines are already up 50%. The Bannon/Kushner Trump TV project, how to monetize his position and especially make money off all those followers.

And look at the uptick in the two for-profit prison companies since the election.

Hopefully Elizabeth Warren continues to fight him...just these conflicts alone will keep her in business.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
LET IT DIE. (Unless he's smarter than we think and he's trying to take away attention from the Trump U stuff).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/...134631467012096

"Couldn't even memorize lines."

Says the same person who always goes off script with the teleprompter, refused to do much debate prep and has never memorized an accurate figure orstatistic relating to public policy. That's his narcissism speaking, his own fear of memorizing lines and following scripts being projected onto others in demeaning way.

So for all those who ripped Obama for golf, smoking, vacations, Final Four picks...we've got the leader of the free world wasting time on commenting about a performance he didn't even attend in person. Petty. It's like when Truman went after critics ripping his daughter's performance in a play. You have to be above that.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
LET IT DIE. (Unless he's smarter than we think and he's trying to take away attention from the Trump U stuff).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/...134631467012096

I think that's exactly what he's doing. No one is talking about his $25M fraud anymore. You would think something like that would be dominating the news cycles but I guess it's not as bad as private email servers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
Your own descriptions of what you consider their flaws to be is telling enough. Nothing about the whole "White Supremacist/antisemite" part, and you don't even count him as a liar.

What do you want me to say? I don't really feeling like listing all the reasons Trump is not a good person. Let's just say as a person I'm thinking he's a 2 out of 10. That's to his accomplishments in his businesses and the way he's treated people (outside of his own family). He seems like a good family man. Lot of kids who seem to like him as a dad, etc. I'm not a fan of Trump, but I'd give Hillary a 2 as well.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
Just poking a little fun at you, Greg, because you contradict yourself quite a bit. No harm intended.

Thank u.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 04:16 AM)
Well, at least Romney over Giuliani for Secretary of State would be an improvement.

Trump's Hamilton tweet disappeared.

Tweeted another one earlier today. Not sure if still up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 08:57 AM)
Tweeted another one earlier today. Not sure if still up.

He took out the one about not even being able to memorize their lines...commenting about it being overrated, ripping on Harry Reid and wanting equal time on SNL, so much for staying away from Twitter.

The only real shocker is that he hasn't gone after Duterte, Xi Jinping/China or Mexico in the last 24 hours.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
asked whether he would unequivocally rule out registering Muslims:

Follows with some hedging and hawing about how some of them are bad people.

We just need to give this administration a chance. What could go wrong? /green

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 11:04 PM)
We just need to give this administration a chance. What could go wrong? /green

Trump should do what no President has done. Hire the best and brightest people for all the jobs in his administration irregardless of party. He's not even a Republican anyway so it'd be easy for him. But nooooo ... he'll be like all of them. Hire buddies and cronies and those who will kiss his butt so to speak. He's 70 years old. He's not going to live all that long in all likelihood. He has 10 good years of productive work left, God willing with his health. Why not make a difference? Nah, nobody really tries in that job.

p.s. My blasts of Trump continue to have nothing to do with Hillary. I still despise her.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
Trump should do what no President has done. Hire the best and brightest people for all the jobs in his administration irregardless of party. He's not even a Republican anyway so it'd be easy for him. But nooooo ... he'll be like all of them. Hire buddies and cronies and those who will kiss his butt so to speak. He's 70 years old. He's not going to live all that long in all likelihood. He has 10 good years of productive work left, God willing with his health. Why not make a difference? Nah, nobody really tries in that job.

p.s. My blasts of Trump continue to have nothing to do with Hillary. I still despise her.

And he decided to make a difference in the way he cares about. Find the people with the strongest record of hate towards every racial group he can.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 20, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
And he decided to make a difference in the way he cares about. Find the people with the strongest record of hate towards every racial group he can.

This race thing is so overblown and i'm starting to get really sick of everyone buying into it like sheep. People act like the Jim Crow Laws ran for president and won.