President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Russia just said the unverified report paid for by political opponents is "A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION, UTTER NONSENSE." Very unfair!

6:13 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Uh, Donnie boy, I don't think running to Russia for help is really going to ease people's concerns about you being wholly owned by Russia right now.

Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!

6:31 AM - 11 Jan 2017

oh, okay, I'm convinced then. We're back to it being a completely unexplainable mystery why you're extremely friendly towards them and it's been your single consistent policy position and why your campaign was 100% confirmed run by a Russian stooge for awhile.

I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state!

6:44 AM - 11 Jan 2017

uh so when you're being accused of hiring Russian hookers to piss on a bed Obama slept in at one point, maybe don't put the word 'movement' in quotes in your increasingly desperate denials? Really just invites the continued jokes.

Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?

6:48 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Two things. Nazi Germany? I dunno, ask your white supremacist chief policy advisor, bub. I don't think Nazi Germany ran on the intelligence community undermining their leader either, unless you're comparing yourself to Hitler?

Second thing: "one last shot" so pretty much confirmed that he's going to wreck our intelligence agencies then?

oh and third thing, putting 'leak' in quotes. man, stop setting yourself up like that.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 08:26 AM)
I know the bolded is a typo, but I feel like "forge tit" should be a thing that means something. I think we need to work together to define this new phrase. It has potential.

I like it. I'll let you figure out where to start.

In more unsettling news, Donnie is asking if we're in Nazi Germany with how he's being treated.

If there's one thing I've learned from years of posting on the internet, it's that frantic denials, especially when issued in ALL CAPS, means the person is having a meltdown because it's 100% true.

I'm still choosing to laugh at this because what else can you do, but the man who will be President in 9 days is absolutely owned by Russian interests and his actions, statements and policies over his entire campaign only confirm the allegations that broke yesterday.

Conor Friedersdorf @conor64

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets... we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” --Don Jr. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/...159806489591809

6:51 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 09:45 AM)
I like it. I'll let you figure out where to start.

In more unsettling news, Donnie is asking if we're in Nazi Germany with how he's being treated.

Look at this from the opposite perspective (and ignore the fact that what I'm going to say also is stateable about the presidential election, that's unavoidable because of what the FBI did).

Hypothetically say that this material is fabricated, or at least the Buzzfeed content. Hypothetically say that even some of the material that CNN reported on, the 2 page summary given to the President Elect, is incorrect and false. That material was leaked to CNN within a week and they were able to basically confirm it is the material given to the President Elect. In that case, do you not have an intelligence organization that is intervening in politics to discredit the President Elect for reasons unknown and using material that the general public can't verify or see in order to do so (yeah, that part)? Yes it makes sense given that the only thing in the universe he hasn't insulted is anything Russian, but do you put it past America's intelligence agencies to smear a politician for their own reasons (quite obviously no)?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 08:51 AM)
(shamelessly stolen)

Nixon: You could never have an administration more corrupt than mine

Trump: Hold my beer

Nixon: ...Wait this isn't beer

Fun fact: You can't get a beer with Trump, because he doesn't drink alcohol.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 08:51 AM)
Look at this from the opposite perspective (and ignore the fact that what I'm going to say also is stateable about the presidential election, that's unavoidable because of what the FBI did).

Hypothetically say that this material is fabricated, or at least the Buzzfeed content. Hypothetically say that even some of the material that CNN reported on, the 2 page summary given to the President Elect, is incorrect and false. That material was leaked to CNN within a week and they were able to basically confirm it is the material given to the President Elect. In that case, do you not have an intelligence organization that is intervening in politics to discredit the President Elect for reasons unknown and using material that the general public can't verify or see in order to do so (yeah, that part)? Yes it makes sense given that the only thing in the universe he hasn't insulted is anything Russian, but do you put it past America's intelligence agencies to smear a politician for their own reasons (quite obviously no)?

You kinda covered any response I could have :lol:

BBC reported earlier that their contact with the CIA indicated that there was more than one source, more than one tape with video and audio (St. Petersburg and Moscow) and that the CIA found the allegations to be credible.

here's the transcript of the segment:

It's not the first time he's attacked the CIA, but yes, we haven't seen language like this from him for quite some time. Let's start with what we know: it was definitely originally compiled by a former British intelligence agent, this report, former MI6 man, and he did it for what's known as an opposition research company here in Washington DC. It's a company I know quite well and have visited often. They were working first of all for Jeb Bush's super PAC (as it's called) in the Republican primaries and then for an anonymous Democratic party donor.

The allegations themselves are extremely lurid and out of fairness to Mr Trump and anybody under the age of 18 watching I don't think we should relate them, but here's the crucial point: I was able to send a message into the CIA at the beginning of November to ask them about these allegations. It was illegal for any official to talk to me about them, but I got a message back through an intermediary, who said the allegations were regarded as credible, and more than that, there was more than a single source for them, not just this MI6 man.

There was supposedly more than one tape, not just video but audio, more than one date, and not just in Moscow but in Saint Petersburg as well. Now obviously if the Russians have blackmail material on Mr Trump they're hardly going to release it, so these are necessarily allegations, but they are allegations that are regarded as credible, that's not the same as saying accurate, but they are regarded as credible by the US intelligence community.

statement from McCain

Link to the image here earlier

Edited by bmags

Can't help but read this and realize if this is fabricated info it will serve russian interests in that he will continue to believe any info from them over our own intel.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)
Can't help but read this and realize if this is fabricated info it will serve russian interests in that he will continue to believe any info from them over our own intel.

On the other hand, if he continues to completely ignore it....the likes of McCain, Graham, Cruz, Rand Paul, Rubio, etc., will hold his feet to the fire. And how exactly would they prove it was fabricated at this point, anyway?

There's just way too much smoke out there now to easily get past it by calling it "fake" news.

Edited by caulfield12

It is worth mentioning that these are the same intelligence agencies that gave us WMD's in Iraq.

The CIA is not exactly the most competent agency in history, but this information was gathered by outside sources and handed over to the FBI and CIA by people concerned that it explained pretty thoroughly why our soon-President has bent over backwards to shift policy very favorably towards Russia and routinely praises their President. It's not really a 1:1 comparison there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 09:38 AM)
It is worth mentioning that these are the same intelligence agencies that gave us WMD's in Iraq.

Yeah they had a bad source on that one, but the administration also needed an excuse to go in there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 09:38 AM)

It is also worth mentioning that the Republicans investigated Benghazi several times. With the weight of the allegations here, and the fact that the intelligence community considers the source "credible," both sides have to allow this thing to be fully and completely investigated. If Russia has compromising stuff on Trump and it is influencing how Trump interacts with Russia, then that could be grounds for impeachment. If Trump and his surrogates aided and abetted Russia on the DNC hacks, then that is basically Watergate x 1000. I'm not saying that either or any of those are true, but without an opposition party in any real seat of power, this is something that risks being swept under the rug. This is one of those times where we really need to see country over party.

In other "definitely not a Russian pawn" news, Tillerson is bumbling his way through his confirmation hearing and said that sanctions only hurt American businesses.

.@marcorubio "Are you aware that people who oppose Putin end up dead?"

Tillerson: "I don't know"

Again Tillerson has an *award from Putin*

CSPAN @cspan

.@MarcoRubio: Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?

Tillerson: I would not use that term.

Rubio: Well let me describe the situation in Aleppo...

Also claimed that Exxon never lobbied on sanctions related to Ukraine or Russia, but they absolutely did

Simon Maloy @SimonMaloy

here's a 2014 disclosure for Exxon lobbying on "issues related to energy sanctions in the Ukraine and Russia" https://soprweb.senate.gov/index.cfm?event=...filingTypeID=78

9:47 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Edited by StrangeSox