White Sox News FA / Rumors / News

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 02:26 PM)
Also, gotta factor in that they're going to lose some depth due to the WBC so there will be extra playing time out there.

This.

The Sox now have Matzek, Volstad, Holmberg, Giolito, Lopez, Fulmer, and Danish to fill out Charlotte. No way some of those guys are kept around to start the season.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 02:43 AM)
Heard Scott Snodgrass may be returning on a minors contract

Elrockin, how u handling the rebuild? You don't seem like a rebuild kinda guy. You like me want to win all games.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 04:36 AM)
Elrockin, how u handling the rebuild? You don't seem like a rebuild kinda guy. You like me want to win all games.

Hi Gregg. I guess I am a realist too. The team ownership made a decision and I can't do anything about that except accept. We got some great prospects back and maybe there will be some more. I would like to see some free agent signings to help in the OF and catcher. It will be an interesting season

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 04:36 AM)

Hi Gregg. I guess I am a realist too. The team ownership made a decision and I can't do anything about that except accept. We got some great prospects back and maybe there will be some more. I would like to see some free agent signings to help in the OF and catcher. It will be an interesting season

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 09:09 PM)

I don't understand them conceding by having no catcher and no DH/outfielder of note. If you are going to keep all the veterans they are keeping, might as well try to compete til the all star break. They're too cheap, however. Won't spend any cash at all. Embarrassing IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 03:13 PM)
I don't understand them conceding by having no catcher and no DH/outfielder of note. If you are going to keep all the veterans they are keeping, might as well try to compete til the all star break. They're too cheap, however. Won't spend any cash at all. Embarrassing IMO.

This team is not going to compete and there is no free agent available that would move the barometer in any significant direction.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)

Might as well give AJ a call. He might be willing to mentor the younger generation of catchers. Not sure who is still a good OF fit

Sox not attached to any names in Ben Badler's first report from the DR, in which he quickly goes over some of the bigger deals from the island. Lots of players still not attached to a team.

Remember Sox are linked to Luis Robert from Cuba.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:44 AM)
Sox not attached to any names in Ben Badler's first report from the DR, in which he quickly goes over some of the bigger deals from the island. Lots of players still not attached to a team.

What does everyone think the best strategy to do is? Sign a bunch of 16/17 year old kids from Venezuela, Cuba, etc. or try to go all in on Otani?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:44 AM)

They weren't really connected as much as someone said the White Sox make sense for Luis.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 07:53 PM)
Might as well give AJ a call. He might be willing to mentor the younger generation of catchers. Not sure who is still a good OF fit

They brought Flowers up to back up AJ and he was vehemently opposed to the idea of being a mentor. His personality is not akin to mentoring. The only thing AJ would help the Sox do is lose more games.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 02:15 PM)
They brought Flowers up to back up AJ and he was vehemently opposed to the idea of being a mentor. His personality is not akin to mentoring. The only thing AJ would help the Sox do is lose more games.

Sign him up then!

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Mar 1, 2017 -> 03:13 PM)
Chicago White Sox @whitesox

now

Nate Jones suffered a bruised right knee.

He is day to day.

He's ok but looks like somebody needs to proofread the captions of the video since it says "Pitcher Adam Jones and manager Rick Renteria discuss the comebacker that hit Jones on the knee, causing him to leave Wednesday's spring game.