White Sox looking to deal Robertson

southsider2k5

Nationals rumored (by Nightengale) to be interested in Robertson (if they do not get Kenley Jansen (who they cannot afford) and obviously, if the Sox don't get offered more.

I'm now wondering what they have left in their farm system that the Sox would want and what would be fair? Pick up Robertson's remaining Contract plus Robles to the White Sox?

Unbelievably, there may be a larger market for Robertson who some of us thought would not be garnering much trade interest.

I know we've gotten several elite prospects and figure to get some more with Quintana, but you are going to be getting a more typical B/B- prospect for Robertson in maybe a 1 for 1 swap.

He has red flags and is not dirt cheap, just more reasonable. Robles would not be considered, and honestly a player like Kieboom + wildcard 20-30 arm would be enough for me.

Others have discussed Severino, who is a near ready plus defense catcher with a stick that is questionable to make him a regular in majors.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
Nationals rumored (by Nightengale) to be interested in Robertson (if they do not get Kenley Jansen (who they cannot afford) and obviously, if the Sox don't get offered more.

I'm now wondering what they have left in their farm system that the Sox would want and what would be fair? Pick up Robertson's remaining Contract plus Robles to the White Sox?

Unbelievably, there may be a larger market for Robertson who some of us thought would not be garnering much trade interest.

Robles for Robertson would be a fireable offense if I were the Nats owner

The best we can hope for would be Fedde + pick up the remaining contract as of right now

Robertson's value might be best at the deadline, or my plan would be to unload Robertson and his contract this offseason (which the $ owed to him does not seem as expensive as it did a few years ago) and let Jones take over as closer. Then if Jones does well we ship him out at the deadline for a nice package to a contender

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
I know we've gotten several elite prospects and figure to get some more with Quintana, but you are going to be getting a more typical B/B- prospect for Robertson in maybe a 1 for 1 swap.

He has red flags and is not dirt cheap, just more reasonable. Robles would not be considered, and honestly a player like Kieboom + wildcard 20-30 arm would be enough for me.

Others have discussed Severino, who is a near ready plus defense catcher with a stick that is questionable to make him a regular in majors.

I would ask for Kieboom and Stevenson and see if they bite. If not, I'd take one of those players with C Jakson Reetz depending on what the Dodgers package is. Kieboom/Reetz or Stevenson/Reetz is about right I think. Kieboom/Stevenson would be fantastic but probably unrealistic.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
I had to Google his name because, like you, I had no idea why I knew that name lol

Reetz is years away from the majors and not a significant trade chip at this point. Batting .230 in A ball (admittedly with solid OBP numbers...but that will likely evaporate with a move to high A or AA where the pitchers have far better control)

with average defense I doubt he makes it to the majors without big time improvement in contact

What about Robles if the Sox include Robertson plus Nate Jones, or pick up part of Robertson's remaining Contract.

I guess I am trying to figure our how our Sox can get a decent position player prospect instead of Moncada plus a slough of pitching prospects.

You know, desperation may be setting in for Rizzo since he whiffed on a few trades already.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
What about Robles if the Sox include Robertson plus Nate Jones, or pick up part of Robertson's remaining Contract.

I guess I am trying to figure our how our Sox can get a decent position player prospect instead of Moncada plus a slough of pitching prospects.

You know, desperation may be setting in for Rizzo since he whiffed on a few trades already.

Sounds like they wouldve only moved Robles for Sale. And if we couldn't pry him for Eaton, there's zero chance we get him for relievers

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)

I think you need to hold on to Jones and let him close for a while, then try to move him for a return similar to what the Phillies got for Giles.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)

Robles is an elite prospect, you are not getting him for Jones or Robertson at this time

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
I think you need to hold on to Jones and let him close for a while, then try to move him for a return similar to what the Phillies got for Giles.

I'm open to that but only after we see what happens after Jansen signs.

Nats & Marlins are two potential destinations (presumed since both teams were in on some other closers). Who else has been looking at closers or could be an option? I do think when it comes to Robertson, you don't have to move him now, and his value could be higher at the deadline (presuming he proves he's healthy).