Destinations for Adam Eaton

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Heyward had a lot more of a track-record and is more physically gifted, so I think people see him as a guy who could have even expanded from there. Eaton's track record is still good, just not the long span that Heyward had. Heyward has essentially 4 seasons of 6 WAR (a few just a bit above and one that I'm counting that was at 5.8). That is in his first six seasons. His last two entering free agency were a 6.2 and a 6.5 and was only going to be 26 during the first year of his contract.

Eaton, to his own defense, has put up a 5.2 and a 6.2 in two of the last three years and even his down year was a 3.9. Case in point, not a ton of difference necessarily between the two, just one had a longer track record and a bigger reputation, but both are damn good players. I'd say that Eaton was far more underappreciated but part of that is Heyward was so hyped coming up, etc.

If Adam were a free agent this year, he'd get a big contract ($100M plus for sure). You can see why teams would want him, but we also have years of control over him and I would hope intend to compete during the reign where he'd still be in his "prime" years. Either way, Adam Eaton is a good problem to have. :)

Yeah, this ^. Way longer resume, and one that included a 20+ homer season. Also two years younger.

And of course, the contract looks absolutely terrible one season later.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
Speaking of a Cub player. Eaton would be a perfect fit to take over for Fowler and the Cubs have the prospects to get a deal done. Unfortunately, I get it, the Sox won't trade with them, but I disagree with that line of thinking. Your job as a GM is to make your team better, who cares if it makes the crosstown team better as well. Whatever gets us closer to a WS title.

Eaton is unlikely to be traded. Her is under team control through his prime and the kind of player the Sox can keep through a rebuild for when they are ready to compete

QUOTE (striker @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
White Sox lack depth. When you are rebuilding and you can turn one player into more players you do it (as long as it's the right deal).

Eaton and Robertson to the Cardinals for Kelly, Bader, Weaver and ~3 others.

Unfortunately their lack of depth is in scouting and development.