An Insider Look into Actual Fictious Trade Talks

hi8is

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
As Jed Hoyer: I'm looking for young cost-controlled starting pitching. I'm looking to trade Jake Arrieta. Make me some offers.

Jed,

A one year Arrieta rental would net you a decent return, but nothing earth shattering

Keep drinking champagne, you broke the curse. Congrats

-Rizzo

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
Hi Jed, John Coppolella here. It's no secret that Arrieta only has one year of control left. Therefore, I'll give you Ian Anderson and Joey Wentz.

How would that make sense for the Braves John?

Arrieta is a one year rental and you should be looking for assets under longer term control than one year with your rebuilding team

-Rizzo

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:32 AM)

Arrieta is a one year rental and you should be looking for assets under longer term control than one year with your rebuilding team

-Rizzo

We want to compete this year, and we've proven that with our Colon and Dickey signings, along with our heavy interest in Sale/Archer. We're all in.

JC

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
As Jed Hoyer: I'm looking for young cost-controlled starting pitching. I'm looking to trade Jake Arrieta. Make me some offers.

Hey Jed, I'm not sure if we match up well, but if you have any ideas regarding some of my players, I'm definitely interested in Arrieta and willing to listen. Thanks.

-Dombrowski

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:32 AM)

-Rizzo

I have a strong Braves offer for Arrieta. Any other takers? You get 1 year of one of the best starters in baseball and you also get a 1st round draft pick if he leave snext season.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
Hey Jed, I'm not sure if we match up well, but if you have any ideas regarding some of my players, I'm definitely interested in Arrieta and willing to listen. Thanks.

-Dombrowski

With a potential compensation pick involved, I'd start with needing Michael Kopech in return.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
I have a strong Braves offer for Arrieta. Any other takers? You get 1 year of one of the best starters in baseball and you also get a 1st round draft pick if he leave snext season.

The Cubs are absolutely in win now mode Jed, why would you ship out one of your top starters for two players that are years away from cracking a major league roster???

That leaves you needing to replace two quality starting pitchers

-Rizzo

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
The Cubs are absolutely in win now mode Jed, why would you ship out one of your top starters for two players that are years away from cracking a major league roster???

That leaves you needing to replace two quality starting pitchers

-Rizzo

Mike,

We won the World Series. We aren't giving Jake Arrieta a 7 year deal because of the contracts we are going to sign in the future. We have enough offense and I think we have the prospects to acquire another pitcher on the level of Arrieta with some of those pieces. And we just won the world series, and our fans will get over trading Jake Arrieta.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
Mike,

We won the World Series. We aren't giving Jake Arrieta a 7 year deal because of the contracts we are going to sign in the future. We have enough offense and I think we have the prospects to acquire another pitcher on the level of Arrieta with some of those pieces. And we just won the world series, and our fans will get over trading Jake Arrieta.

How better to prove your point to Mike than by accepting Anderson and Newcomb for Arrieta and Underwood?

JC

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
Mike,

Jed,

I get not resigning Arrieta

I'll offer you Erick Fedde, Dane Dunning and Austin Voth for Arrieta

Better up your auntie all you mo-fo's. Kenny told me he got an interesting offer from an undisclosed mystery team out of Japan today for Sale, Frazier, Quintana, Abreu, Robertson, and Jones. Those silly willie goofballs even want James Shields. Kdub said something about the offer being under review by Jerry. You didn't hear this from me but by 2017 we might be the Hiroshima White Sox.

-Mass text to all GM's

Bacon Bits...

-Rick Hahn

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
I think Hi8is needs to be more characters...

We have no such player on our roster, diarrhea mouth. Who is this anyway? My cell went through the wash last night and all my contacts are missing. The wife did it again. Urhhhg.

Yahoo!

-Rick Hahn

QUOTE (South Sider @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 08:29 AM)
Hey guys, I'm looking to talk trade with Matt Silverman or Al Avila? Has anyone seen them? They must have been out partying last night.... (Someone please take these GMs :) )

-DD

Last I saw Al, he had an 8 ball lined up on a beautiful "entertainer". The thing went from about mid back to ass crack. Really impressive work. Was just surprised he was taking the bump with a boba straw.

So how about that Betts kid. Give me. I have blackmail material against you too Dave.

Oh Snap!

-Rick Hahn

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
Hey Ricky ol' pal ol' buddy,

I know we're homies and all, but I want Sale. Would Mazara, Profar, and Gallo do the trick?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jon.

About 47 teams want him. Welcome to the prom, I'm the queen. Don't like how John Danks preformed last year and Kenny blames you. Gallo is going to be an annual 450 strike out risk.

You'll have to do better than that.

How about we give you Abreu for Mazara and Profar thou.

Excuse me, my tent is being pitched.

-Rick Hahn