The Stay or Go Game

hi8is

Who gets traded and who stays?

Copy and paste the following then alter your choices.

Sale - Goes

Quintana - Stays

Robertson - Stays until deadline

Fraizer - Stays until deadline

Jones - Stays

Abreu - Stays

Melky - Goes

Eaton - Stays

Jennings - Stays

Sale - Goes

Quintana - Stays

Robertson - Stays until deadline

Frazier - Goes

Jones - Goes

Abreu - Goes

Melky -Stays until deadline

Eaton - Stays

Jennings - Stays until deadline

Gonzalez/Shields- Stay as somebody has to pitch and no reason or Rick Hahn to rush up any more prospects; one may get moved in July if has a great year.

Edited by GreenSox

Sale - Goes. Management tired of him.

Quintana - Stays. Good guys. Good price. One more year of control than Sale.

Robertson - Goes. Salary dump. No need for expensive closer on rebuilding team.

Frazier - Goes. Salary dump. Davidson gets his chance.

Jones - Stays. New Closer.

Abreu - Stays. Although I wouldn't be shocked if he was a goner, too.

Melky - Goes. Somebody needs a DH

Eaton - Stays. Somebody has to stay.

Jennings - Stays. No other lefties in the house.

Lawrie --also goes

Sale - Goes

Quintana - Stays

Robertson - Stays until 2017 deadline

Fraizer - Stays until 2017 deadline

Jones - Goes

Abreu - Stays

Melky - Stays

Eaton - Stays until 2018 offseason

Jennings - Stays until 2017 deadline

I'm not expecting a ton of rebuilding this offseason. I don't see the Sox being competent enough to know what direction this team needs to go right now. Sale will be traded due to his market value and antics. I see Jones going too. Everyone else stays until the deadline because the Sox will still have their heads in the clouds and think they can win. Q and Eaton aren't going anywhere this offseason or 2017 season because the Sox will be way too stubborn with asking prices. I do think Eaton's time will be short lived though because the Sox will be so bad he'll let his mouth run and either demand a trade, or rub the front office the wrong way (he'll be pissed that Sale was traded and is not the right veteran you want being around for a rebuild).

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Nov 24, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
I would not blow this thing up. I agree with Mad Dog Chris Russo. The White Siox cannot run away and hide for a few years and think the Cubs are going away.

They have to try to compete every year. It is what it is. Here >

Chris Russo

Best thing the White Sox could do, is to do the complete opposite of whatever that buffoon says to do

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Nov 25, 2016 -> 06:30 PM)
Best thing the White Sox could do, is to do the complete opposite of whatever that buffoon says to do

He may be a buffoon and you might be much wiser than he is, but Russo hosts a program on mlb network and , in my opinion, at the very least made some valid points which should be considered rather than brushed off. Russo warned that the Sox must consider the timeline to rebuild in terms of the potential loss of interest in the team and lower attendance because of the Cubs.

Russo is arguing that the Sox should try to compete every year rather than "running and hiding" for several years only to determine in three or four years, that they are still not competitive. At that point they may have done substantial damage to the franchise, the size of its fan base, and the teams bottom line.

I am not cure I agree with all that he said, but the Sox probably should proceed with caution if they are really thinking of blowing the team up and tanking for several years. That strategy might end up hurting the franchise badly.

Edited by miracleon35th

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Nov 25, 2016 -> 10:13 PM)
Russo is arguing that the Sox should try to compete every year rather than "running and hiding" for several years only to determine in three or four years, that they are still not competitive. At that point they may have done substantial damage to the franchise, the size of its fan base, and the teams bottom line.

I think that's what they want to do.

But to do that, it's getting clear that they need to take a step or 2 back. They "Went for it" 2 years in a row and couldn't come close to .500, much less contend. And some of the mistakes Rick Hahn made were absolute howlers.

Ultimately, the key to consistent contention is to have a first rate drafting/international/development program. I'm not convinced the Sox take each of those aspects seriously.