White Sox to Move Eaton?

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 06:35 PM)
Eaton for Giolito, Robles, & Lopez. Who says no, Hahn or Rizzo?

I know I'd take that trade in a heartbeat if I was Hahn.

I think Hahn says no, TBH. At least right away. I guarantee he's asking the world for Q and Eaton.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
I think Hahn says no, TBH. At least right away. I guarantee he's asking the world for Q and Eaton.

Three top 40 prospects, including the #1 SP and #3 OF? That's the type of deal Hahn needs to take and run.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 03:30 AM)
Three top 40 prospects, including the #1 SP and #3 OF? That's the type of deal Hahn needs to take and run.

Indeed he would.

But I don't think Rizzo would do that for Eaton or McCutchen. Frankly I don't think Rizzo would do it for Sale.

Peddling Eaton over Abreu surprises me. They must just like Abreu or maybe they think they can really can get a 6 WAR return for Eaton.

I'm good with a handful of high ceiling A ballers to replace a, say, 50-100 prospect. I look at Hahn's record and the best part of the Peavy trade were the A ballers. He also dumped Beckham for a legitimate A ball prospect (whom he subsequently squandered for a AAAA reliever).

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
Indeed he would.

But I don't think Rizzo would do that for Eaton or McCutchen. Frankly I don't think Rizzo would do it for Sale.

Peddling Eaton over Abreu surprises me. They must just like Abreu or maybe they think they can really can get a 6 WAR return for Eaton.

I'm good with a handful of high ceiling A ballers to replace a, say, 50-100 prospect. I look at Hahn's record and the best part of the Peavy trade were the A ballers. He also dumped Beckham for a legitimate A ball prospect (whom he subsequently squandered for a AAAA reliever).

Or maybe they simply think Eaton is at peak value and Abreu's value can improve significantly with a strong first half next year. If Abreu's second half is any indication, his value has nowhere to go but up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
Isn't trading Sale etc. supposed to change that?

I understand people would love to read how Keith Law raves about the White Sox minor leaguers, but it doesn't always translate to huge runs. Giving up good players with a lot of control for prospects is playing with fire.

I haven't read through the entire thread but this is my thoughts exactly. It seems like everyone is in love with prospects over guys that can actually play. I still say the Sox are a CF, C, and LH DH from being able to won the Central. Trading away guys like Sale and Eaton are more than likely going to give disappointing returns in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
I think Hahn says no, TBH. At least right away.

It's funny because the proposed package that Ro Da Don said Hahn wouldn't accept (Gio, Robles, Lopez), is actually a better package than the one that Hahn DID accept, and yet everyone still universally ripped the Nats for making that deal.