Beltran signs with Astros

Sockin

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
Astros really need starting pitching.

If I'm the Astros I say to myself, "We have a window to win and need an ace. We can afford to give up Bregman and make a two year run. If it doesn't work, we can always deal Sale at the end of year 2 & recoup half or more of what we traded away"

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
I'm just curious as to why anybody thinks gurriels bat would stick at first? He didn't exactly light the world up. You aren't winning with that bat at first and with that pitching.

They're paying him and running out of positions for him. We just gotta hope Houston still adds another bat for 1B like Edwin.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
I'm just curious as to why anybody thinks gurriels bat would stick at first? He didn't exactly light the world up. You aren't winning with that bat at first and with that pitching.

If they have Altuve, Correra and Bregman to his right I'm sure his bat would be just fine...add in Springer's power from CF and anybody's bat can play at 1st. I think right now their biggest question could be LF. Are they content with an Aoki/Gattis split there? Beltran can't play LF much anymore and Gattis hasn't really played 1B much in his career. I honestly think signing a true C would be their best bet.

C- Weiters/McCann/Gattis

1B- Mcann/Gurriell

2B- Altuve

SS- Correra

3B- Bregman/Gurriell

LF- Gurriell/Aoki/Gattis

CF- Springer

RF- Reddick

DH- Beltran/Gattis

Wouldn't want to face that lineup...if I'm their GM I'm moving AJ Reed, Paulino, and Martes for the best SP I could get and not messing with those hitters.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
red sox still looking for a hitter, but i hear they do not plan to take the big plunge and make it EE

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/805130667822563328

Not sure I understand what Boston's strategy is right now. They're very confusing. EE would be a perfect replacement for Papi & they need starting pitching. But all rumors seem to be them not really doing anything this offseason. Bizarre.