Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
Quintana's cheap four years of control make sense for a TON of teams. There actually might be more suitors for him than there were for Sale

That was the rumor yesterday and it sure looks true today.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
I have zero interest in Giolito from his mid year performance and concerning Fangraphs article. I would rather have Lopez/Robles

I agree

Give me Lopez and Robles and one more lower level player and done deal

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
No matter how this turns out this is an immaculate ROI on a minor league free agent. We rag on the front office, mostly justifiably, but this definitely is a huge one in the win column by creating immense value out of thin air.

Yah, there's more than just Q.

Sale would have been a FA right now if the Sox didn't stick their neck out and extend him when they did. Now they have the best prospect in baseball and one of the best RH pitching prospects in the game because of it.

We will perhaps have something similar to say about Eaton and his package if he is moved.

RH has made some mistakes during his time, but he's also made some great moves that most around here don't give him credit for.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
If its Yankees ....how about Torres, Rutherford, Kaprielian, Adams, and Torrens(really want catcher) for Q and Robertson.

You know, I just can't get the Yanks out of my mind. They need a pitcher, have the depth to trade from and their rival just traded for Chris Sale yesterday. Can't help but think the Yanks end up making an offer Hahn cannot say no to.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
If its Yankees ....how about Torres, Rutherford, Kaprielian, Adams, and Torrens(really want catcher) for Q and Robertson.

No way New York parts with that much for Quintana and Robertson

Torres is not going anywhere after destroying the Arizona Fall League

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Hahn on MLB Network talked about Kopech being part of the front of the rotation with Rodon someday. No mention of Q. It's going to happen, just a matter of when.

You would think they established names available with Sale, so they can get a deal done sooner than later.

I would not be shocked if Rodon gets moved. There have been little hints about it in the past, even yesterday when RH was talking about Sale he said he has "others" that fit the description of front line pitchers that teams can plug into playoff rotations. I know that Rodon seems like the kind of asset you hang on to, but given his agent and his performance in the second half, I could see the Sox moving him to try to build a core at the lower levels. Kopech is likely two years away as is Hansen, Burdi would be too if they decide to make him a starter. If they get the right deal for him, I think Rodon could get moved soon as well.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
I would not be shocked if Rodon gets moved. There have been little hints about it in the past, even yesterday when RH was talking about Sale he said he has "others" that fit the description of front line pitchers that teams can plug into playoff rotations. I know that Rodon seems like the kind of asset you hang on to, but given his agent and his performance in the second half, I could see the Sox moving him to try to build a core at the lower levels. Kopech is likely two years away as is Hansen, Burdi would be too if they decide to make him a starter. If they get the right deal for him, I think Rodon could get moved soon as well.

If we trade Rodon, I don't want teams to look at his numbers and be turned off. We all know he's a better pitcher than what the numbers show, so if we're gonna trade him (which I don't think we should), we might as well wait at least until 7/31/17 so that he can build up his value.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)

Why look to move Rodon right now? He is under team control for 5 more season and is exactly the type of arm you want to keep around.

He could still be on the team in a few years when you are ready to compete and just be entering his prime

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
Why look to move Rodon right now? He is under team control for 5 more season and is exactly the type of arm you want to keep around.

He could still be on the team in a few years when you are ready to compete and just be entering his prime

Hes going to have to be moved eventually. Hes a boras client and will walk when his 5 yrs are up. Better to get some out of him then let him walk for nothing. Would be surprised if he goes this soon but probably eventually.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
If we trade Rodon, I don't want teams to look at his numbers and be turned off. We all know he's a better pitcher than what the numbers show, so if we're gonna trade him (which I don't think we should), we might as well wait at least until 7/31/17 so that he can build up his value.

This

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
Hes going to have to be moved eventually. Hes a boras client and will walk when his 5 yrs are up. Better to get some out of him then let him walk for nothing. Would be surprised if he goes this soon but probably eventually.

Wait for him to develop more.