Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
I'd throw Lopez in that "ace ceiling" mix as well, which is all the more reason to go for a Meadows and Bell centric package from Pittsburgh. That said, Meadows and Glasnow would be nice as well, abs of the Sox end up with the "problem" of having too much good pitching, we see what Sale brought and what Q is likely to bring.

You almost definitely aren't getting Meadows and Glasnow or Meadows and Bell. I think a realistic package that makes a ton of sense for both teams is Meadows, Newman, Keller and a lotto ticket coming back the White Sox way.

Everyone needs to chill on sentiments around trading for specific needs. You should be using your biggest guns to just get a talent infusion. Who cares if that talent is predominantly pitching. We can draft hitting in the coming drafts and focus our free agent money on that.

Plus having a deep system means you can always be a player in trades.

I personally don't want a lesser package if it means getting hitters. And I don't want a crappy catching prospect in lieu of an OF or arm with much much higher upside. I think this rationale I'm seeing a ton of here on this thread is how teams squander opportunities to get the best players. You see it all the time in the NFL draft, a team passes on a megastar whatever to draft a guard because "it's a need". Just take the best effing player

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
I'd throw Lopez in that "ace ceiling" mix as well, which is all the more reason to go for a Meadows and Bell centric package from Pittsburgh. That said, Meadows and Glasnow would be nice as well, and if the Sox end up with the "problem" of having too much good pitching, we see what Sale brought and what Q is likely to bring.

I hate thinking this way, but in the highly unlikely scenario we have too much pitching, Rodon could become a massive trade chip to plug some offensive holes. Again, I'm not suggesting we do this, but it could be an option if we hit on enough of our young arms.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
You almost definitely aren't getting Meadows and Glasnow or Meadows and Bell. I think a realistic package that makes a ton of sense for both teams is Meadows, Newman, Keller and a lotto ticket coming back the White Sox way.

This is about what I'm expecting.

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
Everyone needs to chill on sentiments around trading for specific needs. You should be using your biggest guns to just get a talent infusion. Who cares if that talent is predominantly pitching. We can draft hitting in the coming drafts and focus our free agent money on that.

Plus having a deep system means you can always be a player in trades.

I personally don't want a lesser package if it means getting hitters. And I don't want a crappy catching prospect in lieu of an OF or arm with much much higher upside. I think this rationale I'm seeing a ton of here on this thread is how teams squander opportunities to get the best players. You see it all the time in the NFL draft, a team passes on a megastar whatever to draft a guard because "it's a need". Just take the best effing player

I want a return of the best prospects available, regardless of position

We have needs all over the place, and you truly never can have too much pitching.

It's amazing to think about what the ceiling on a rotation of:

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

could actually do. Plus we still have high upside arms in Adams, Stephens, Hansen, Fulmer, Burdi and Dunning.

A home grown pitching staff like that has the potential to completely dominate even the best lineups, and contend each year

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
I want a return of the best prospects available, regardless of position

We have needs all over the place, and you truly never can have too much pitching.

It's amazing to think about what the ceiling on a rotation of:

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

could actually do. Plus we still have high upside arms in Adams, Stephens, Hansen, Fulmer, Burdi and Dunning.

A home grown pitching staff like that has the potential to completely dominate even the best lineups, and contend each year

Yeah and some guys won't pan out, some guys will be in the pen if they struggle as a starter, or some can be moved for bats.

Edit: I wouldn't say that it is "home grown."

Edited by soxfan2014

I think Meadows, Newman, and Keller for Q would be the perfect package for Q. Just think about your potential 2019 lineup:

C Lucroy/Collins

1B Collins/Abreu

2B Newman/Moncada

SS Anderson/Newman

3B Machado/Moncada

LF Moncada/?

CF Meadows

RF Basabe

DH Abreu/Collins

SP: Giolito

SP: Rodon

SP: Kopech

SP: Lopez

SP: Hansen

CL: Burdi

SU: Fulmer

SU: Stephens

RP: Clark

f***ING LIT

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
Not how we roll.

Rosenthal on MLBN just now says with the signing of Nova that the Pirates could be more inclined to add Glasnow as a piece

to the White Sox.

Edited by Saufley

QUOTE (Saufley @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
Rosenthal on MLBN just now says with the signing of Nova that the Pirates could be more inclined to add Glasnow as a piece

to the White Sox.

When you say "just now", you mean two hours ago when it was on the first time.

Almost seems like a foregone conclusion that Glasgow would be part of a deal but I'm more worried about the other bats. Need 1/2 legit bats. Still seems like Meadows is unlikely & frankly Bell is risky. Not sure how to feel right now.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)

to the White Sox.

My first thought was that signing Nova could well be so that they could include Glasnow and not miss him as much.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
When you say "just now", you mean two hours ago when it was on the first time.

Wow get up on the wrong side of the bed!!! Sorry my life has other things to do except watch TV all day! Get a life! Now, was your response really necessary?

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
Almost seems like a foregone conclusion that Glasgow would be part of a deal but I'm more worried about the other bats. Need 1/2 legit bats. Still seems like Meadows is unlikely & frankly Bell is risky. Not sure how to feel right now.

Why do you say Bell is risky? He put up solid numbers since being called ip.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
Wow get up on the wrong side of the bed!!! Sorry my life has other things to do except watch TV all day! Get a life! Now, was your response really necessary?

Just saying it's a rebroadcast. Wasn't trying to be a dick. Sorry.