Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
If the Sox and Yanks make a trade please let Rutherford be part of the mix.

You and I both well know he's a name the Sox want. Ruth and Ray were high on the draft board.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
What's your thoughts on state specifically please - seems like his WHIP has been pretty bad so far professionally.

For being the 4th overall pick in 2015, Tate's stock has really fallen off of a cliff

He posted a sky high WHIP in 2016, and has not pitched above A ball. He turns 23 in May, so he should be more advanced than he is.

A 1.60 WHIP in A ball does not bode well for the transition to high A or AA

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
It's not like Q won't be as valuable or perhaps even more valuable at the deadline or in June.

You must be in the retard crowd.

Signed,

Retard #46

( joke from yesterday if you weren't following along )

Guys, as a personal request please avoid using the term "retard". It's evolved over the years and using it negatively is akin to using "gay" in the same light.

I'd like this message board to be accessible to all and stuff like that can give us a meatball persona which belies the incredible insight and intelligence of this board.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Crazy, messageboard GM proposal

Quintana + Frazier + Robertson and cash for Headley, Torres, Rutherford, Sheffield, Tate, Judge, Andujar and McKinney

I can't see New York completely destroying their farm system in a deal like that

No mlb team can unload 7 top 30 prospects in one deal haha

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
You and I both well know he's a name the Sox want. Ruth and Ray were high on the draft board.

Oh yeah, I remember those names well. Would be awesome to get Rutherford in a trade after passing on him to take Collins. Watching both of them mash their way through the minors would be fun to keep track of. If it meant getting Rutherford, I'd have no problem with Frazier or Torres not being apart of the trade. I would be happy as hell with Rutherford, Mateo, Andujar, Fowler.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 11:32 AM)
Guys, as a personal request please avoid using the term "retard". It's evolved over the years and using it negatively is akin to using "gay" in the same light.

I'd like this message board to be accessible to all and stuff like that can give us a meatball persona which belies the incredible insight and intelligence of this board.

Noted and I apologize.

Maybe moron was the phrase used yesterday. Hummmm.

Meathead I am not - idiot, at times.

Or is it really masked genius?

( trade, happen soon please. )

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Crazy, messageboard GM proposal

Quintana + Frazier + Robertson and cash for Headley, Torres, Rutherford, Sheffield, Tate, Judge, Andujar and McKinney

Substitute Fowler for McKinney and I'd do it. Doubt the Yanks would though. The Yanks of old under good old George would be all over that deal though. :lol:

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
Noted and I apologize.

Maybe moron was the phrase used yesterday. Hummmm.

Meathead I am not - idiot, at times.

Or is it really masked genius?

( trade, happen soon please. )

Soxtalk trade fever would sum it up. I'm suffering as well.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
Given the seller's market that it seems to be at the moment, I'd be reluctant to package players unless one was a deal-breaker for a prospect we loved. Seems to me that maximum value will be extracted from trading players individually.

Could be right. I just remember that one reason the Cubs were able to get Addison Russell (and McKinney, I guess) was that they gave up Hammel, along with Shark. Sometimes that 2nd veteran piece can round out a deal for those highly rated prospects.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)

Thank you!

QUOTE (BRIRO2017 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
Good deal. Obviously this board is his life, so he has much more to lose. No?

You spent the last 10 years trying to get back on to Soxtalk after getting banned originally. That's right, 10 years. You are here for a week, and are already calling people retards, and talking about people who have no life.

Apparently you didn't figure out how to stay on Soxtalk during those 10 years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
You spent the last 10 years trying to get back on to Soxtalk after getting banned originally. That's right, 10 years. You are here for a week, and are already calling people retards, and talking about people who have no life.

Please boot him again. Adds nothing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)

Please tell me that's not Brandofan? lol.