Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (kwill @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)
You know the more I read on Dodgers prospects it seems like Bellinger is a top 10 prospect in the game and rated low on MLB Piipline. Everybody raves about the bat and glove. I would probably take him over Meadows for the centerpiece.

I'd rather have him over Josh Bell but I'd hesitate with a 1st baseman as a headliner for Q. Pretty sure the Sox want some outfield prospects. The Dodgers do have some pretty interesting OF prospects in their top 10 ,Yusniel Diaz and Alex Verdugo. There's always Puig and Trayce Thompson to also consider. They also have a catcher Will Smith who has moved ahead of Austin Barnes ( but Barnes is major league ready). At this point Barnes could be a throw in at 27 yrs old already.

Pretty sure the Dodgers aren't considering Q but they were a good fit before they resigned Hill. Still might be but again prospect misers .

I would love to know what kind of offer they made.

You know I'm a bit nervous about talks with them heating up. Because once talks heat up I'll go perusing BravesWeb to get a feel for their system and who they like, and somewhere in a comment section or fan board I'll read that Kevin Maitan, a 16 year old who has not played yet, is "untouchable". I dont know if I can handle that, in a offseason that has featured such rampant use of the word that'll be the last straw.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 08:05 PM)
Really curious what the Braves and Astros offered. Hopefully some names come out to give us fans a better idea of what we might expect.

I thought we already had an idea what the Astros offered ? Keith Law or someone thought it was light and since that was posted many posters have followed along with that viewpoint.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
Pipe dream: break the bank for Machado. Abreu is the elder statesman.

I want to see live in that dream world; around the horn.

DH - Fisher*

C - Collins*

1B - Bell#

2B - Moncada#

SS - Anderson

3B - Machado

LF - Beer*

CF - Meadows*

RF - Basabe#

SP - Giolito

SP - Rodon*

SP - Kopech

SP - McKay* - from the '17 draft

SP - Lopez

CL - Burdi

SU - Fulmer

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 12:19 AM)
I thought we already had an idea what the Astros offered ? Keith Law or someone thought it was light and since that was posted many posters have followed along with that viewpoint.

Gammons reported the Sox asked for Martes, Tucker and Musgrove but I haven't seen anything about what the Astros have actually offered.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 10:46 PM)
I'd rather have him over Josh Bell but I'd hesitate with a 1st baseman as a headliner for Q. Pretty sure the Sox want some outfield prospects. The Dodgers do have some pretty interesting OF prospects in their top 10 ,Yusniel Diaz and Alex Verdugo. There's always Puig and Trayce Thompson to also consider. They also have a catcher Will Smith who has moved ahead of Austin Barnes ( but Barnes is major league ready). At this point Barnes could be a throw in at 27 yrs old already.

Pretty sure the Dodgers aren't considering Q but they were a good fit before they resigned Hill. Still might be but again prospect misers .

Pretty sure Bellinger could play at least average-above average D in LF. I read a scouting report that said he could probably handle CF at times if really needed. But if he's a GG caliber 1B there's no need to move him. He's not a base clogger and he can save runs on D, I wouldn't worry about position value with a guy like Bellinger...not that I think a deal is likely with Bellinger or the Dodgers.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 02:57 AM)
I want to see live in that dream world; around the horn.

DH - Fisher*

C - Collins*

1B - Bell#

2B - Moncada#

SS - Anderson

3B - Machado

LF - Beer*

CF - Meadows*

RF - Basabe#

SP - Giolito

SP - Rodon*

SP - Kopech

SP - McKay* - from the '17 draft

SP - Lopez

CL - Burdi

SU - Fulmer

That lineup got me 6 to midnight

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 05:35 AM)
Pretty sure Bellinger could play at least average-above average D in LF. I read a scouting report that said he could probably handle CF at times if really needed. But if he's a GG caliber 1B there's no need to move him. He's not a base clogger and he can save runs on D, I wouldn't worry about position value with a guy like Bellinger...not that I think a deal is likely with Bellinger or the Dodgers.

Recent scouting report? In his early days he was pretty lanky, around 180 lbs. Now he's listed from 210-215 at 21 yrs old and height of 6'4". Probably will fill out even more. And yea he probably will be stepping in for Adrian Gonzalez in a few years.Really good LH power bat . Might be ready as soon as 2018. Look for huge numbers for him this year in AAA.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 08:55 AM)
Recent scouting report? In his early days he was pretty lanky, around 180 lbs. Now he's listed from 210-215 at 21 yrs old and height of 6'4". Probably will fill out even more. And yea he probably will be stepping in for Adrian Gonzalez in a few years.Really good LH power bat . Might be ready as soon as 2018. Look for huge numbers for him this year in AAA.

I'd be willing to bet Bellinger is why the Dodgers haven't been able to snag Dozier from the twins. The twins probably insist on Bellinger being apart of the trade deal similar to the Sox insisting on Meadows from the Pirates. Can't say I blame the Dodgers for insisting on keeping Bellinger, I would too.

The Dodger front office is rebuilding that organization from the ground up. That team is going to be scary once the high priced vets are gone. A deep farm and even deeper pockets are going to keep them in contention for many years. I really don't like the Dodgers but man they know what they are doing.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 09:17 AM)
I'd be willing to bet Bellinger is why the Dodgers haven't been able to snag Dozier from the twins. The twins probably insist on Bellinger being apart of the trade deal similar to the Sox insisting on Meadows from the Pirates. Can't say I blame the Dodgers for insisting on keeping Bellinger, I would too.

The Dodger front office is rebuilding that organization from the ground up. That team is going to be scary once the high priced vets are gone. A deep farm and even deeper pockets are going to keep them in contention for many years. I really don't like the Dodgers but man they know what they are doing.

The rumor is that the Dodgers are offering DeLeon straight up and the Twins want additional pieces.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)

Possible the 1 I read was from a couple years ago...this is from fangraphs just 2 months ago tho...

"The offensive bar at first base is high but Bellinger’s power and approach profile there, and he’s an excellent defensive first baseman, garnering several 70 grades from scouts. He’s also seen time in the outfield, including center, and there are scouts who think he could play all three outfield spots in a pinch — though the glove is so good at first base that nobody will actively endorse it. The thought of a bat like this playing center field, even if he’s a 40 there, is enticing, but Bellinger’s leatherwork at first is special and major-league clubs like sound defensive first basemen because they’re constantly handling the ball. I don’t see him moving to the outfield unless it’s necessary to get his bat in the lineup at the big-league level immediately."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-21-pros...ngeles-dodgers/

Maybe CF would be a little out of the question nowadays, but sounds like LF would be more than in play if a team so chose.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
If this is true, we all may be slightly disappointed with the haul. If they're intent on finishing a deal before camp opens, they will end up settling for best offer.

Meh. RH has said this is going to take time. He is not going to settle on his 2nd best trade chip that has four years of cheap control. He just won't. He'll get what he wants this offseason, or wait until he does.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 10:19 PM)

Correction...Shack and Chisoxfn thought the offer was lite, many posters disagreed (some agreed), then Law came around and agreed with Shack and myself, and posters came along to agree. That rumored Astros offer from Gammons was and still is a ridiculously lowball offer for Q.

Not to toot my own horn, haha.

Nah the Sale deal was a player light. They should've been able to add Devers or EdRo (at least) to the deal they got and probably would have if they were reasonable with Boston at the deadline and not asking for Mookie Betts. Sale's value peaked at the deadline last year and unless he starts doing Kershaw things he'll never fully regain it. Sox, to their credit, didn't waste any time waiting for his value to deteriorate more and dealt him this offseason for probably 80ish% of what they would've gotten at the deadline. I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not upset either. At least they didn't stubbornly stand firm another year and taken themselves out of the running for a Moncada-like headliner.

Does the lack of rumors indicate that the White Sox have an air-tight, no leaks front office or is it simply because there is nothing to disclose...that no trade offers are pending and no negotiations are happening?

My guess is everyone is waiting on each other to budge and its radio silence until one of the sides caves. None of the buyers want a bidding war to develop so they are holding off hoping the others drop out or lose interest (like the Astros). Sox are obviously trying to keep as many teams on the line as possible.

All it takes is one team deciding they are willing to meet the Sox halfway and he'll be dealt pretty rapidly.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Nah the Sale deal was a player light. They should've been able to add Devers or EdRo (at least) to the deal they got and probably would have if they were reasonable with Boston at the deadline and not asking for Mookie Betts. Sale's value peaked at the deadline last year and unless he starts doing Kershaw things he'll never fully regain it. Sox, to their credit, didn't waste any time waiting for his value to deteriorate more and dealt him this offseason for probably 80ish% of what they would've gotten at the deadline. I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not upset either. At least they didn't stubbornly stand firm another year and taken themselves out of the running for a Moncada-like headliner.

All reports were that the Sox couldn't get Moncada or Benintendi in July, so not sure how they beat that offer without one of the other B's. Devers, yah, maybe they could have gotten him then - but without Moncada, you need much more than him to make it up.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 01:02 PM)
Does the lack of rumors indicate that the White Sox have an air-tight, no leaks front office or is it simply because there is nothing to disclose...that no trade offers are pending and no negotiations are happening?

I'm sure negotiations are ongoing. Not everything is going to leak.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)

Are you at least going to claim to have "sources" to support this info? How can you possibly claim to know that the deal was a player short if you have no idea what any other team offered, or what the Sox asked for from Boston? The Sale deal was only light a prospect like Devers to fans on a message board who were unrealistic to begin with.