Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
If Dodgers have given up on Puig the Mccutchen makes sense. Their OF is fine.

Even then it still makes no sense. They have too many outfielders as is and still have Verdugo and Bellinger on the way from the minors. Plus, McCuthen's defense would be horrible in spacious Dodger Stadium.

I think there's a better chance of the Dodgers trading for Q than Cutch.

The reason a deal hasn't happened yet is because the White Sox are asking a lot, and the teams that have the prospects (NYY, PIT, COL, etc.) are all waiting for the price to go down. They are all "good" teams as is, so they don't feel rushed to make a trade. It will come down to when/if Hahn decides to pull the trigger on the deals that are on the table.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
I agree with the Atlanta bit here. When I talked to Chris Cotillo, he mentioned that Atlanta was firmly in the Sale sweepstakes, but believed they are a better fit for Q. Ozzie Albies/Kevin Maitan headlined package with an upside arm or two intrigue anyone?

That is a core that would have my interest.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
That is an intriguing package. Severino could make or break that package.

I think Severino and Frazier break that package. Yanks seem high on both, depending of course on what and where you read. Sounds as though Frazier, Torres and Judge are highly coveted by the organization.

Then again, so was Moncada so who knows.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
Albies, Maitian, Soroka, and Touissant?

I like it. The longer Pittsburgh/Houston/NYY screws around, the more I think a dark horse like ATL makes sense.

Edited by southside hitman

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
I'm beginning to think he's a member of the 2017 White Sox. If I'm starting to think it - maybe opposing GM's are as well... which could be just what hahn wants.

In a rebuilding Hahn and Hostetler I trust.

I agree. And I'm ok with it.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
I'm beginning to think he's a member of the 2017 White Sox. If I'm starting to think it - maybe opposing GM's are as well... which could be just what hahn wants.

In a rebuilding Hahn and Hostetler I trust.

You're gonna poop when he's traded in the next couple hours.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
Regardless of those. There isn't really anything Quintana does better than Sale, except maybe give up a few less HR's. Sale has more K's and fewer BB over the last 4 years. he also has pitched slightly fewer innings.

I would say that it's very possible, but not probable, that Quintana is more valuable (disregarding contract) over the next 3 years. I think the main scenario that would make Q more valuable is an injury to Sale, something that feels more likely to happen to Sale but hasn't really ever materialized.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
You're gonna poop when he's traded in the next couple hours.

You tease, you.

Edit: better start my man-cave project while listening to My Heart Will Go On

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 12:14 PM)
I agree. And I'm ok with it.

Yep. If he remains healthy and productive, he's just as valuable IMO as a trade piece in 2017 and 2018. Even two years of Q would bring in a haul.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
I would say that it's very possible, but not probable, that Quintana is more valuable (disregarding contract) over the next 3 years. I think the main scenario that would make Q more valuable is an injury to Sale, something that feels more likely to happen to Sale but hasn't really ever materialized.

An injury is always possible. However, as the GM making this trade are you going to bet your top minor league talent on it? I wouldn't.

I'm usually a quantity guy, the belief is its very difficult to make 2 legit prospects less desirable than one, but something about that Frazier, Mateo and Severino package just seems a little off. Initially I'm fine with it but Mateo in particular really does not enthused me much. Sox already have one Tim Anderson, I don't see the point of adding another.

If there was a way to do Frazier and Rutherford for Q straight up I think I'd prefer that to a Frazier, Mateo and Severino deal. It's time to start accumulating some guys who can just put the damn bat on the ball.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Yep. If he remains healthy and productive, he's just as valuable IMO as a trade piece in 2017 and 2018. Even two years of Q would bring in a haul.

While this is true, I think the Sox are motivated to move him now. Between now and spring training, and perhaps during spring training, they'll find a deal.

I don't think he's here at Soxfest though.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
Albies, Maitian, Soroka, and Touissant?

I didn't think Atlanta would be after Q based on their pitching acquisitions this winter but if the Sox are willing to take younger lower minor league level talent then Atlanta makes more sense because that will not take from the talent they are expecting at some point in '17.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
While this is true, I think the Sox are motivated to move him now. Between now and spring training, and perhaps during spring training, they'll find a deal.

I don't think he's here at Soxfest though.

Hope you're right, buddy. Time to pick up a copy of "War and Peace". Think it's time to read a book while we wait.

With Torres about to be in MLB's Top 3, this is the closest deal in value to Sale.

Quintana for Gleyber Torres (Moncada), Blake Rutherford (Kopech), Miguel Andujar (Basabe) and Nolan Martinez (Diaz).

I imagine Yankees say no, so you'd have to sweeten it with Robertson, while eating half his salary.

Would 4 seasons of Quintana and 2 half-priced seasons of Robertson equal Sale?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
With Torres about to be in MLB's Top 3, this is the closest deal in value to Sale.

Quintana for Gleyber Torres (Moncada), Blake Rutherford (Kopech), Miguel Andujar (Basabe) and Nolan Martinez (Diaz).

I imagine Yankees say no, so you'd have to sweeten it with Robertson, while eating half his salary.

Yes?

(Would Robertson's total salary or 1/2 salary count against their luxury tax value? That might be important to know. Hell, they could rig it so the White Sox pay his entire 2018 salary and the Yankees pay his 2017 salary).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
Yes?

(Would Robertson's total salary or 1/2 salary count against their luxury tax value? That might be important to know. Hell, they could rig it so the White Sox pay his entire 2018 salary and the Yankees pay his 2017 salary).

If it's only Robertson's half salary, it would be a great get for the Yankees.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)

What would a Braves and Pirates deal look like then?