Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
What happend to Jose Bautistas market? I mean damn the guy will be lucky to get 3/50.

36 years old, coming off a down year, lacks any positional flexibility, looking to get PAID, competing on the market with an arguably superior teammate.

QUOTE (TRU @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
It is uncharted territory, but I still find it hard to believe they will ever sign the 7 year 20-25 per kind of guys under JR.. He just doesn't do it..

I'm with you, it's just Sox baseball is about to get weird so I'm not willing to rule anything out going forward. I'm not sure what value precedence holds when it's currently being disrupted.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:43 PM)
I expect a Q deal done tomorrow then. This is posturing and them holding off on the deal because the Sox are asking a ton like they should. I would be curious what the Sox are asking for.

Q is the type of deal that could take time. Sox have a ton of leverage (even after selling Eaton / Sale). In fact, they might have more since they set such a high market for the other players (one of which might have had slightly more value, the other slightly less). At the same time, you really don't have a lot of other options out there (and none on the FA market), so you figure something will happen...but Hahn has to wait to get the right price. I'm hoping he can get Bregman and another top position prospect. IF Not Bregman, we need a bigger package, including at least two of their top position prospects plus two more good prospects.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
Hahn did say he'd like to hold press conferences 3 or 4 days in a row.... Halfway there but the winter meetings are basically over.

Gotta think Q or Frazier is next to go. Really hope Cardinals signs Turner and Dodgers give in on Frazier and possibly Robertson.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
Q is the type of deal that could take time. Sox have a ton of leverage (even after selling Eaton / Sale). In fact, they might have more since they set such a high market for the other players (one of which might have had slightly more value, the other slightly less). At the same time, you really don't have a lot of other options out there (and none on the FA market), so you figure something will happen...but Hahn has to wait to get the right price. I'm hoping he can get Bregman and another top position prospect. IF Not Bregman, we need a bigger package, including at least two of their top position prospects plus two more good prospects.

I don't think it has to take time because Astros already know who the Sox are interested prospect wise. So, it could be a Nationals situation.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
Gotta think Q or Frazier is next to go. Really hope Cardinals signs Turner and Dodgers give in on Frazier and possibly Robertson.

Yep, need cards to sign turner for this to heat up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
I don't think it has to take time because Astros already know who the Sox are interested prospect wise. So, it could be a Nationals situation.

You also need teams to feel pressure to get a deal done. I think with everyone in the baseball circles humming about the value the Sox have generated in the first two deals, all of the teams are probably going back and re-evaluating things a bit. Might also be checking in to see if other non-contenders have potentially changed the price. Lots of jockeying probably going on, but you need one team to get hot and heavy before you get the pressure for the next move. My guess is he is moved before Christmas, but might take a few days before things resettle.

We might actually see some other parts go before Q. Who knows though...just me speculating. I also wonder if we try and buy a guy like Puig (depending on what Dodgers are doing). Would the Dodgers do Robertson+ for Puig? I realize he doesn't quite have the control you want, but he's the type of guy you could buy low on and sell high longer term.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:49 PM)
I see no way astros give up much, holding out hope that dodgers want Frazier and add Q.

Dodgers MO isn't to do some massive deal. I could see them parting with a lot of good to very good prospects though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
Dodgers MO isn't to do some massive deal. I could see them parting with a lot of good to very good prospects though.

Agreed. I don't think they do Quintana, but if Turner does sign with another team, I fully expect Frazier and Robertson to LA

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
I see no way astros give up much, holding out hope that dodgers want Frazier and add Q.

After the Hill signing I just don't see the Dodgers going after another SP. I know their rotation is injury-prone and risky, but they still have like 9 SP to choose from. They're probably set there.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)

Would have been nice if the closer market had materialized the way it was supposed to during the meetings and established Robertson's market. Guy could end up having very good to mediocre value but s*** needs to play out.

slightly off topic but found a pretty awesome android app (via a subreddit) that lets you stream a certain sports channel that we are all probably watching right now

useful for when you're at work and can't watch TV

PM me if you want the info

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
After the Hill signing I just don't see the Dodgers going after another SP. I know their rotation is injury-prone and risky, but they still have like 9 SP to choose from. They're probably set there.

They don't seem to care about hoarding positions though. They had 15 outfielders last year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
I can tell you one thing for sure. I will be watching less baseball this year than I have in any season probably since Robin Ventura left Chicago as a free agent. I have not been nearly this bitter with the White Sox since that specific day. I had thought about Soxfest after getting a nice bonus this quarter, and there is no way I am spending $500 to do that now.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
Would have been nice if the closer market had materialized the way it was supposed to during the meetings and established Robertson's market. Guy could end up having very good to mediocre value but s*** needs to play out.

Sucks Marlins have a crap system because they are going to bea good desperation candidate.

I know Hahn hasn't slept much the past couple of days, so I'm wondering if the Sox are just gonna call it a winter meetings and get some rest and continue trying to work upon frameworks established this week. I'd be as ecstatic as anyone if we get another midnight blockbuster, though. Maybe they are powering through it and trying to get a deal done tonight.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
I know Hahn hasn't slept much the past couple of days, so I'm wondering if the Sox are just gonna call it a winter meetings and get some rest and continue trying to work upon frameworks established this week. I'd be as ecstatic as anyone if we get another midnight blockbuster, though. Maybe they are powering through it and trying to get a deal done tonight.

If they have a suitor, they will work on it as much as necessary. I don't think it will be determined by our FO. It will be determined by the market.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
I'm with you, it's just Sox baseball is about to get weird so I'm not willing to rule anything out going forward. I'm not sure what value precedence holds when it's currently being disrupted.

Assuming there are no stupid signings in the next couple years...they might realistically have 70-90 million to spend on free agents in 2019/2020. A 7-9 year mega deal for a 26 year old prime Machado might end up fitting perfectly if a good chuck of these guys pan out.

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
slightly off topic but found a pretty awesome android app (via a subreddit) that lets you stream a certain sports channel that we are all probably watching right now

useful for when you're at work and can't watch TV

PM me if you want the info

MLB.com is streaming MLBN for free the last few nights, so if that's what you're talking about, it's legal and free :D