Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 06:46 AM)
If we can't get Bregman, which looks unlikely, I don't like what the Astros are offering up and would much rather go to the Yankees or Rockies.

Agreed. without Bregman, I just don't like their 1st piece.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 09:11 AM)
I don't think the Yankees are prepared to sell off the farm while they are rebuilding. That is a team that really could use arms though. Their starting pitching is somewhat of a mess outside of Tanaka.

This seems to be consensus among the insiders. They aren't necessarily looking to necessarily compete next year, and they want that wave of talent that they have to reach the bigs. So, I doubt they jump in on Quintana.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 06:00 AM)
The team finally has a plan/purpose. I can see people going to more games - even is they are going to lose A LOT initially. For me, even if I go to a game and we lose 12-2, i'm still hype because I know what's coming.

I agree with you.

Fans hated that teams inability to win. There was a glimmer early last year but then it did not fade, it crashed and burned over a three week span.

Fans will tune in to see what is happening.

If things break for the Sox as they did for the cubs, in 2020, they could be the best team in baseball.

Nobody went last year, it really could nto get any worse at the game.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
I agree with you.

Fans hated that teams inability to win. There was a glimmer early last year but then it did not fade, it crashed and burned over a three week span.

Fans will tune in to see what is happening.

If things break for the Sox as they did for the cubs, in 2020, they could be the best team in baseball.

Nobody went last year, it really could nto get any worse at the game.

but NONE of these kids are going to break with the team after ST ends. they all need more development.

i'm sure next year's roster is going to look pretty s***ty, so i'm not sure that's worth going to watch.

and in all honestly, upper management deserves the empty seats next season for all the s*** we've endured as fans paying for a craptastic products since 2005.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
but NONE of these kids are going to break with the team after ST ends. they all need more development.

i'm sure next year's roster is going to look pretty s***ty, so i'm not sure that's worth going to watch.

and in all honestly, upper management deserves the empty seats next season for all the s*** we've endured as fans paying for a craptastic products since 2005.

At least we can look forward to a high draft pick for playing bad baseball and as part of this rebuild.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)

Who cares? Were the seats gonna be full if everything stayed Status Quo? Nope.

It's retro day, time for Brooks to dust off "The Kids Can Play" and get it ready

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Sean Sears on twitter:

"Source: Asking price for Chris Archer and Jose Quintana is too high for #Astros, "seems unlikely" that either will end up in Houston"

I guess they're not that interested in winning it all. Oh well, their loss.

Sean Sears on twitter:

"Source: Asking price for Chris Archer and Jose Quintana is too high for #Astros, "seems unlikely" that either will end up in Houston"

http://tomahawktake.com/2016/12/06/2-moves...ake-after-sale/

This is one of the dumbest proposals that I have seen^^^ wow it's bad

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
I guess they're not that interested in winning it all. Oh well, their loss.

Houston's starting pitching is shaky and not enough to contend in my opinion

A package of Martes/Reed/Tucker/Stubbs would get it done for me in exchange for Q

I don't feel that is unreasonable to request considering they are not putting Bregman in the deal

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:35 AM)
Houston's starting pitching is shaky and not enough to contend in my opinion

A package of Martes/Reed/Tucker/Stubbs would get it done for me in exchange for Q

I don't feel that is unreasonable to request considering they are not putting Bregman in the deal

I like Musgrove, they should put him in, too if no Bregman.

Sean Sears on twitter:

Yea, and Dave Dombrowski was happy with his starting rotation 3 weeks ago.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Who cares? Were the seats gonna be full if everything stayed Status Quo? Nope.

people expectations need to be tempered because i see a LOT of people talking about how exciting next year or 2018 is going to be when in reality these kids aren't ready to play in the big leagues yet. come back to me when you see the roster this upcoming season and let me know how many games you plan on going to.