My Goodness, Konerko NEEDS to go

Wise Master Buehrle

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm sick of him, isn't this his 3rd GIDP of the game? Let him go and sign Daubach to play first, ANYTHING is better than PK. I'm sorry, this guy is junk.

problem is who are you gonna get to take him off our hands... either way were stuck with him unless someones dumb enough to take on all that wasted money.....

problem is who are you gonna get to take him off our hands... either way were stuck with him unless someones dumb enough to take on all that wasted money.....

He's gonna be a tough sell. THe thing is I'd sell him for nothing but a minor leaguer with a live arm (Doesn't have to be a proven guy, but someone you see some potential in).

Of course i'd love to get a shortstop prospect or something.

Still Konerko should be gone...imo...even though he's one of my favs.

I'm sick of him, isn't this his 3rd GIDP of the game? Let him go and sign Daubach to play first, ANYTHING is better than PK. I'm sorry, this guy is junk.

I agree with you there. I know im not the only one who gets extremely pissed off everytime konerko hits a grounder and immediately stares at the ground. I don't know of the players available in the market , but having a 1B with decent speed would be a good start.

There probably is someone willing to take him. We may just have to take a salary in return. If the Cubs could find someone to take Todd Hundley we should be able to find someone who will take Konerko.

As much as I hate to say it, why don't we take someone else's wasted money? Look how that turned out for the Cubs. They got two contributers for Hundley. It could burn us, but I wouldn't mind seeing Daubach given the spot to play everyday, and get a guy like Kendall or something.

Guest hotsoxchick1
As much as I hate to say it, why don't we take someone else's wasted money? Look how that turned out for the Cubs. They got two contributers for Hundley. It could burn us, but I wouldn't mind seeing Daubach given the spot to play everyday, and get a guy like Kendall or something.

thats prolly the only way we get rid of his nonhitting nonrunning nonuseful slow ass.......good riddance to him.. a new bag of balls would be a better deal..... :angry: :angry:

Teams that could possibly want Paulie

Baltimore Orioles - Need hitting and a cleanup guy, see if we can some young pitching in exchange.

Los Angeles Dodgers - They need offence in the worst way, and could bank on Paulie rebounding. Luv to get one of the young pitchers, e.g Edwin Jackson, Greg Miller

Seattle Mariners - If Edgar retires, but I'd doubt it.

Detroit Tigers - With Easley's contract coming off the books this year I think, they could want Paulie to give em some pop as their DH with Pena already there.

Arizona - Need a 1B, but they're cutting payroll so I'd extremely doubt it. THey're probably gonna trade Schilling as well.

Pittsburgh - With Kevin Young and Randall Simon gone, they might need a 1b. But they're also cutting payroll, but isn't everybody?

I still say give Daubach a chance. He had some good years with regular playing time and I would like to see him/Frank at 1B next year with Konerko's ass out of here. Konerko has really become a lovable loser this year. Maybe we wait til Konerko has one of his good first halfs and then trade him for some quality pitching in 2004.

Is there any way Paulie could return to form next year?

He sure did suck. That is for sure.

I wouldn't mind shipping him away, but he might be a comeback of year

candidate, right?

If we could improve our team in some other areas could we keep Paulie?

I sure don't want Daubach any more Donkey, with all due respect.

I still say give Daubach a chance.  He had some good years with regular playing time and I would like to see him/Frank at 1B next year with Konerko's ass out of here.  Konerko has really become a lovable loser this year.  Maybe we wait til Konerko has one of his good first halfs and then trade him for some quality pitching in 2004.

Loveable Loser? .... Hey! The Cubs may actually be a fit. He Chop Suey hasn't exactly panned out.

Is there any way Paulie could return to form next year?

He sure did suck. That is for sure.

I wouldn't mind shipping him away, but he might be a comeback of year

candidate, right?

If we could improve our team in some other areas could we keep Paulie?

I sure don't want Daubach any more Donkey, with all due respect.

We have 3 crappy options at 1st base. OUCH...... :bang