Words of Wisdom from Jerry Manuel

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

From Wednesday's Tribune:

"The players had the opportunity to give all they had. There were no shackles on anybody. They were free to play. Whether they did or not, that's up to them. That's not up to me. I've created an atmosphere for them to perform. Some did and some didn't."

I think there's nothing I can add.

"The players had the opportunity to give all they had. There were no shackles on anybody. They were free to play. Whether they did or not, that's up to them. That's not up to me. I've created an atmosphere for them to perform. Some did and some didn't."

As Jeff the Drunk from the Stern show would so eloquently say.....

SSSSHHHHUT UP YAAAA BITCCCCHHHH!

He's right of course, but he should add that he had all the opportunity in the world to manage better and didn't.

Notice how when this team loses it's NEVER HIS FAULT?????? What environment did he create? One with over 100 diffrent lineups, over managing and fallling asleep when we need a pinch runner or hitter? Yes, the pitcher gives up the homer, the batter K's, but if you use Brian f***ing Daubach in late innings along with Billy Koch and Flash more then an inning, it's on the manager too, because he should know damn well what will happen. Not every player is an all star.

Here's another reason to fire him yesterday. I dont want to hear dumb quotes like this from a bad manager that shouldnt have lasted this long.