Also logical landing places for Abreu/Frazier/Cabrera

caulfield12

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
And a worse defender and base runner.

Melky will fetch a talented player or two, but they will almost certainly be highly flawed.

Agreed. Would I like a top 100 prospect for Melky? Of course. But I think the guy(s) we get will likely be 25/26 year old pitcher(s) with control problems in the minors that they hope can figure it out in the pen.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
Danks was almost forced because they were in first place and it felt like he could drag down the entire season.

Melky, they have no compelling need to do anything one way or the other. No payroll crunch, etc. No rush to replace him with a better option, as the other two outfielders we roll out there will likely be much worse.

I would still rather have the spot open so we can find out. If they are able to deal Melky after the corner OF/DH/1B market starts to dry up, I wouldn't be opposed to a Liriano-Tilson-Garcia OF. Or someone else who wins a spot.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
Agreed. Would I like a top 100 prospect for Melky? Of course. But I think the guy(s) we get will likely be 25/26 year old pitcher(s) with control problems in the minors that they hope can figure it out in the pen.

This sounds reasonable.