McNabb gets what he deserves

Cy Young Porzio

HAHAHA!!! I was soooo happy when McNabb didnt get picked for the probowl becuz people have finally realized he is s***. The team is better without him and with actually QB's with throwing ability such as detmer even though there are definately better. He finally got what he deserved, and i know everyone will blame it on injury but Faulk got the ticket to Hawaii and look at his season. The team is undefeated w/o mcnab because that ball hoggin crap fest for a qb didnt share and now the real talent can step up. For once i am happy the eagles keep winning cuz every win without mcnabb proves my point more. And when he comes back there go their playoffs.

P.S. Cubs signed bum antonio alfonseca for 1yr 4mil. Why give him that i dunno, the guy looks like a loppy monkey with a fat gut and arms down to his knees.

Are you crazy? McNabb is unbelievable. IMO, he's currently the best QB in the league (will probably be passed by Mike Vick soon, though). Any guy that can win a game on a completely fractured ankle is amazing. If I was going to try and win a Super Bowl this year, I'd take McNabb over any other QB in the league.

But, no... You're right... I'm sure he sucks. Those 17 touchdown passes, 6 TD runs, 2,289 passing yards, 460 rushing yards and 7-3 record as a starter were all a fluke.

Originally posted by Cy Young Porzio

well he does have some damn good support especially on defense, and the stats do come when its all you care about and dont give the ball to anyone else, and 7-3 for such a team isnt as good as the 4-0 w/o him

I'll admit the win over San Francisco (on the road) is impressive, but the Eagles havs since beaten St. Louis, Seattle, and Washington (who have a combined record of 15-27). The Eagles are winning because they have a solid team and solid coaching staff capable of winning without their superstar, unlike some teams.

Originally posted by Cy Young Porzio

well he does have some damn good support especially on defense, and the stats do come when its all you care about and dont give the ball to anyone else, and 7-3 for such a team isnt as good as the 4-0 w/o him

Yeah they have talent of defense, and thats about all. Duce Staley, Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Antonio Freeman, all decent players but nothing great there. Lewis may be their best option and hes a TE! McNabb is the best QB out there. I wish you were the Eagles GM. You probably wouldn't have signed McNabb to that contract and could have traded him to the Bears for Chris Chandler. I mean Chris Chandler has throwing ability. Sure he is old, not mobile, and sucks, but he can throw the ball.

In that in the 2001 playoffs, McNabb wiped the field with the Bears and then stomped them under the turf and exposed all their weaknesses, and since all the Bears have to answer with is WeakMiller and WeakerChandler, we can understand why NcNabb "is s***."

Envy takes strange forms. McNabb on the Bears would have at least doubled the Bears win total in 2002. But that ain't ever going to happen - that is, NcNabb will never be on the Bears who will never double their win total.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

McNabb is gifted, but he is over-hyped.  He still has a ways to go when it comes to running a pass attack, but his heart and knack for the play making makes up for it.

I can easily agree with all of that. It is the McNabb "is s***" comment that I reacted to.