Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:52 PM)
You guys really lose stuff in telephone game.

Barstooldave hypothesized martes tucker paulino fisher stubbs

Merkin replied no tucker

People asked why

He said he heard "astros were really high on tucker"

That doesn't mean astros are refusing to trade tucker, it means that when throwing out proposed trades, merkin isn't guessing tucker himself because he's heard they like him a lot.

That is what I saw but he added something different

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:03 PM)
Time for which trade you'd prefer:

Trade A: Quintana + Frazier for Bregman + Martes + Stubbs

Trade B: Quintana for Martes + Tucker + Stubbs + Fisher + Laureano

Trade A

B, but I'd probably accept both. 5-for-1 swaps are pretty appealing as you get to spread the risk out over many players. With deal A you're basically praying Bregman makes it.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 06:08 PM)
B, but I'd probably accept both. 5-for-1 swaps are pretty appealing as you get to spread the risk out over many players. With deal A you're basically praying Bregman makes it.

Agree. Plus, that's one premium pitcher and a whole mess of bats which this org badly needs.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:10 PM)
I'll repeat my polite request from a couple of weeks ago: if we're dealing Quintana to the Astros can we please include C Garrett Stubbs in the return? Rated highly defensively (former Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year), hit .325/.401/.517 at AA last year and is reasonably far enough down their prospects lists that you wouldn't think he'd be a deal-breaker.

Thats the boat im in as well.

Martes/Tucker/Paulino or Reed/Laureano/Stubbs, less "high end" more depth and floor.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:03 PM)

For me this is really close and I would like both deals but if I have to choose one I'd take B.

I like the Bregman+ package for frazier/q because it fits our needs better. That gives us a potentially fully Allstar infield in a couple years with potential MVP candidates. We already have depth in our outfield and pitching prospects. Plus the ability to run after a Harper to fill an outfield gap.

Or maybe we forego that route and go after machado to solidy the allstar infield and target Meadows with Q.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:42 PM)
If I felt like the Sox would make a serious run at Machado in a few years, I'd prefer them to get Meadows to lock down CF for the foreseeable future. However, I don't see that as a realistic possibility so I'm hoping they get Bregman and tank hard enough in 2017 to get Seth Beer.

We are not getting meadows

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 05:42 PM)
If I felt like the Sox would make a serious run at Machado in a few years, I'd prefer them to get Meadows to lock down CF for the foreseeable future. However, I don't see that as a realistic possibility so I'm hoping they get Bregman and tank hard enough in 2017 to get Seth Beer.

Something to note if they tried for Machado. Moncada could move to CF, while Bregman could go to second.