Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)
Dbacks have young pitching, while technically not prospects anymore, Shipley, Walker, and Bradley all are still really good young arms with upside.

The Dbacks have the (now) best pitching prospect in baseball in Reyes and enough depth behind him to get a deal done.

A deal of Reyes, Weaver, Perez and Kelly would rival anything we have seen speculated from the Pirates.

Why would st Louis blow up it's farm when reyes is essentially mlb ready right now?

The dbacks have an awful farm. Why trade starting pitching for starting pitching in the majors?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
How do the cardinals or dbacks have the prospects??

The Cards do but once they take Reyes off the table, as they should, the trade becomes one of quantity. I agree on the DBacks, they have nothing of interest compared to teams already in on Q.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)
Dbacks have young pitching, while technically not prospects anymore, Shipley, Walker, and Bradley all are still really good young arms with upside.

The Dbacks have the (now) best pitching prospect in baseball in Reyes and enough depth behind him to get a deal done.

A deal of Reyes, Weaver, Perez and Kelly would rival anything we have seen speculated from the Pirates.

You mean the Cards, right?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
If it does just keep him for the 4 years

Yeah if he's here past the trade deadline, factoring in next year's free agent market on pitching, I feel like there's a chance we may not see better offers than we are receiving now.

Edit: I guess he would still make sense as an option for the current teams still in on him like the Astros and Pirates. But offers would possibly be the same at best.

Edited by soxfan2014

It's at the point where I really don't see anything happening, or at least anything that I would be enthusiastic about. I'm more and more expecting Quintana to go to Glendale with the Sox, then get moved to the Yankees for Frazier midseason.

Unless the Pirates concede on Meadows (unlikely), it seems like it would take a creative three-team trade now to really get everyone what they want. Something like the Pirates getting Bellinger for McCutchen and using him in place of Meadows for Quintana.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
It's at the point where I really don't see anything happening, or at least anything that I would be enthusiastic about. I'm more and more expecting Quintana to go to Glendale with the Sox, then get moved to the Yankees for Frazier midseason.

Unless the Pirates concede on Meadows (unlikely), it seems like it would take a creative three-team trade now to really get everyone what they want. Something like the Pirates getting Bellinger for McCutchen and using him in place of Meadows for Quintana.

This very well might happen - but I think it would put such a cloud over the start of the season. Q will constantly be asked about any and all trade rumors and that could get frustrating for him. The last thing the Sox need is a poor first half from Q. If Hahn really isn't getting fair offers, he should come out with a statement like "Jose will be with the White Sox for the 2017 season and we will revisit trade talks at a later time". I was of the belief that Q's value is the highest it could be this offseason (I can't see him taking his performance to another level), but the value being assigned to him by other teams isn't what we are expecting so can't rush a deal.

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
This very well might happen - but I think it would put such a cloud over the start of the season. Q will constantly be asked about any and all trade rumors and that could get frustrating for him. The last thing the Sox need is a poor first half from Q. If Hahn really isn't getting fair offers, he should come out with a statement like "Jose will be with the White Sox for the 2017 season and we will revisit trade talks at a later time". I was of the belief that Q's value is the highest it could be this offseason (I can't see him taking his performance to another level), but the value being assigned to him by other teams isn't what we are expecting so can't rush a deal.

I generally assumed that they have multiple offers that would be sufficient. At this point I believe they are really just trying to hold out for additional talent and weighing The offers.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)
I generally assumed that they have multiple offers that would be sufficient. At this point I believe they are really just trying to hold out for additional talent and weighing The offers.

Well doesn't RH know that he is torturing us by doing that! Kidding...kind of.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Why would st Louis blow up it's farm when reyes is essentially mlb ready right now?

The dbacks have an awful farm. Why trade starting pitching for starting pitching in the majors?

Because they don't have time for those three young SP's to develop with their current core, Greinke isn't long for Arizona and with Pollock back their offense is good enough to compete. Greinke,Q, Corbin, Ray, Miller stabilizes their rotation and gives them a chance to contend before they lose Greinke and Goldy.

QUOTE (pablo @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)

Maybe Hahn comes down from his "three elite prospects" demand and compromises with the Yankees now as opposed to waiting until July. Proposed deals with the Pirates and Astros are already beyond compromised from the Sox standpoint. With the Yankees, there's still a chance you could get a headliner like Frazier. If you could get Frazier plus Rutherford, I honestly would be happy regardless of the caliber other prospect or two to round it off.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)

I feel like this could be the case but who really knows.

I dont think Hahn is holding out for additional talent. I dont think he is getting offers for the top of the line marquee headliner in these deals. If he was offered any of those getting the add on players is much easier to negotiate to make a trade happen.

Still think 3rd team needs to get involved to offset some of the costs of Q going to Pittsburgh.

Yankees get: Glasnow and Robertson (or Frazier?)

Pirates get: Quintana, + (low level NYY)

Sox get: Torres, Meadows, + (mid level NYY) + (low level PIT)

Edited by FT35

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
Because they don't have time for those three young SP's to develop with their current core, Greinke isn't long for Arizona and with Pollock back their offense is good enough to compete. Greinke,Q, Corbin, Ray, Miller stabilizes their rotation and gives them a chance to contend before they lose Greinke and Goldy.

I'm asking why the white sox would trade Quintana for pitching that isn't as good as he is. Dbacks farm is not good either

QUOTE (Whitesoxa6 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)
Heard that the pirates could be targeting Vlad Jr. In a McCutchen-Jays swap. Not sure if he would really move the needle on a potential Q package though

Where did you see this? And yeah he seems like he would be too far away too make an impact on any deal that could involve closer to ready MLB prospects from getting dealt.

QUOTE (Whitesoxa6 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)
Heard that the pirates could be targeting Vlad Jr. In a McCutchen-Jays swap. Not sure if he would really move the needle on a potential Q package though

Probably not, unless acquiring Vlad Jr. makes them more comfortable trading Meadows to the Sox.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)
Where did you see this? And yeah he seems like he would be too far away too make an impact on any deal that could involve closer to ready MLB prospects from getting dealt.

Just speculation really. I highly doubt the bluejays trade him. Valuable is way too hard to gauge. Sorta like maitan

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)
Probably not, unless acquiring Vlad Jr. makes them more comfortable trading Meadows to the Sox.

Yeah I don't see the connection. By the time he is ready to make an impact, I'm pretty Polanco and Marte would be traded/left via free agency by that time.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 05:55 PM)
Yeah I don't see the connection. By the time he is ready to make an impact, I'm pretty Polanco and Marte would be traded/left via free agency by that time.

Scary thing? Polanco will still be under contract when Vlad Jr is 24-25.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
Maybe Hahn comes down from his "three elite prospects" demand and compromises with the Yankees now as opposed to waiting until July. Proposed deals with the Pirates and Astros are already beyond compromised from the Sox standpoint. With the Yankees, there's still a chance you could get a headliner like Frazier. If you could get Frazier plus Rutherford, I honestly would be happy regardless of the caliber other prospect or two to round it off.

We don't need to settle for less than at least three top prospects in exchange for Quintana.

Make other clubs up their offers, we shouldn't be compromising much at all

Hahn has said may times since trading Sale that he wants the market to come to him. He isnt going to these other teams all thirsty to make his next trade. He will make the big trade when there is a team banging down his door with elite packages of prospect gold. Until then, we wait.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 12, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)

There's been sports writer's saying the Jays could be interested in Cutch but everything I've read is just speculation. Easy to see the speculation since the Pirates are known to be shopping Cutch and the Jays lost EE and Bautista to FA.