Sox holding talks "daily" on Q

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:31 PM)
Yeah, I don't get it. If Merk guesses no Tucker, I'd have to assume Bregman or Springer is in the deal. Maybe even Frazier going to Houston too.

Man I would be disappointed if Springer was the headliner in a deal. He's a good player but not the kind this team needs right now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 14s15 seconds ago

@AaronLemingNFL @barstoolWSD @JamesFox917 And talks will be ongoing with Q and until they aren't. Not like CWS making him untouchable

Boo.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:31 PM)
Don't get my hopes up.

Cause I'd be ecstatic.

Merkin's tweet doesn't make sense WITH Bregman involved either. In the event that the Astros included Bregman, I'd be stunned if the Sox landed Martes and 3 other guys as well...

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:35 PM)
Dan Hayes @CSNHayes

now

Heard one reason #WhiteSox didn't yet add Geovany Soto to 40-man was to leave space for a possible trade. Makes sense w/ Quintana rumor.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And trading Q would take a guy off the 40 as well.

One good thing about rumors like this is that a lot of the guys start checking on their sources and give updates on what they are hearing once the ball gets rolling like this. Bad thing is that it freaks mike the f*** out.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)
One good thing about rumors like this is that a lot of the guys start checking on their sources and give updates on what they are hearing once the ball gets rolling like this. Bad thing is that it freaks mike the f*** out.

I'm pumped. It's been weeks since any real new rumors came out.

This isn't really new news lol we knew they were talking to the Astros already. And teams usually seem to sign guys to minor league deals with basically a guarantee to make the team out of Spring Training to not have to create the roster space at that time. They're already at 40 so it's not like the space is open for Soto to just walk on. The guy who would likely be dfa'd for space got dfa'd for a younger OF.

Edited by soxfan2014

My take on Bregman:

The Astros love him but will ultimately trade him one-for-one for Quintana. I dont think that rotation of theirs could drag the '27 Yankees to a .500 record, much less a lineup that has a lot of possible has-been's populating it and Marwin friggin' Gonzalez competing with a 30 year old Cuban fresh off the boat for first base AB's.

But I dont think the White Sox should take that deal. It has nothing to do with what position Bregman plays or how he fits into a hypothetical lineup, or anything else. It has everything to do with Bregman the player and the completely insane expectations the Astros (and their fans) seem to have put on him. I dont think he's worth Quintana, I dont think him + a guy or two is worth Quintana. I dont think Bregman is worth that much more than Meadows or Torres and nothing from his debut has led me to believe otherwise. Look at his numbers, they're good but not great. Everyone points to the 0-32 start as an excuse but the 0-32 start scares the crap out of me.

Bregman isn't a bad player but he's not the prize of prizes to be had and I think a lot of the dreaming Sox fans do to get him spawns for wanting what they cannot have. If the Astros are willing to include Bregman I still want another top 100 guy and then another scouts pick. If you wont take Torres or Meadows straight up for Quintana then dont do it for Bregman. I know Astros fans think he's a Hall of Famer, but that is ridiculous and they should feel terrible for thinking it.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 03:37 PM)
Dan Hayes

‏@CSNHayes

Heard one reason #WhiteSox didn't yet add Geovany Soto to 40-man was to leave space for a possible trade. Makes sense w/ Quintana rumor.

Here we go?!

Or Soto isn't that great anyway, and wasn't going to get a major league deal, so the White Sox didn't give him one either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 04:01 PM)
Or Soto isn't that great anyway, and wasn't going to get a major league deal, so the White Sox didn't give him one either.

It's a minor-league deal with $2m guaranteed on making the roster and a further year's option. It's a major-league deal in all but name.