Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 07:19 PM)
Don't worry. That's why you belong to soxtalk! It's all good.

At least my divorce was finalized yesterday. Two years of court appearances to end a 4 year marriage. Talk about a nightmare. So relieved that I don't have to wear a lawyer hat anymore... it's gonna take a good couple weeks for me to sink into life without all of that nonsense.

Just gotta send her some more money and pay some back taxes... then the only tie I'll have with her is our son.

Good riddance - mistakes in choosing a mate aren't easily amended. :bang:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 12:06 AM)
At least my divorce was finalized yesterday. Two years of court appearances to end a 4 year marriage. Talk about a nightmare. So relieved that I don't have to wear a lawyer hat anymore... it's gonna take a good couple weeks for me to sink into life without all of that nonsense.

Just gotta send her some more money and pay some back taxes... then the only tie I'll have with her is our son.

Living well is the best revenge.

Not in the least bit concerned about when Q goes. The rumors over the last two seasons said Hahn and KW were split on the direction of the team. KW and JR pushing to contend with Hahn looking to rebuild. Unfortunately the contending route didn't work so now begins a rebuild. Not "retooling on the fly" no "3 year window" nonsense, an actual rebuild. Hahn knows all eyes are on him so it looks like Hahn is being very calculated and taking his time to make sure he gets this right the first time around because there won't be a second. He knows he needs to maximize every trade. To me, this is his baby and there's no middle ground so here either comes out of this rebuild looking like a genius or looking for another job. Personally, I think Hahn will do just fine. :)

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
Nah, I still feel like Quintana gets traded in the next 10 days.

Hopefully six months from today, we're liking the 7-8 trades total they've made.

So far, they'e turned Duke (it started then), Sale and Eaton into Moncada, Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Basabe, Tilson, Dunning, Diaz. Pretty good start.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
Not in the least bit concerned about when Q goes. The rumors over the last two seasons said Hahn and KW were split on the direction of the team. KW and JR pushing to contend with Hahn looking to rebuild. Unfortunately the contending route didn't work so now begins a rebuild. Not "retooling on the fly" no "3 year window" nonsense, an actual rebuild. Hahn knows all eyes are on him so it looks like Hahn is being very calculated and taking his time to make sure he gets this right the first time around because there won't be a second. He knows he needs to maximize every trade. To me, this is his baby and there's no middle ground so here either comes out of this rebuild looking like a genius or looking for another job. Personally, I think Hahn will do just fine. :)

This is the best thing I've ever read on here.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
So far, they'e turned Duke (it started then), Sale and Eaton into Moncada, Kopech, Giolito, Lopez, Basabe, Tilson, Dunning, Diaz. Pretty good start.

Exactly. Part of my optimism for this rebuild is Hahn had very good assets to kick-start the rebuild. How many times you think Theo cursed Hendry's name the first few years of their rebuild? Hendry left nothing but devastation in his wake. Ha Ha!

The Sox still have assets to trade that will bring back more talent to go with the June draft and July international signings. Imagine what the farm will look like when August rolls around.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 11:06 PM)

Cheers to your new life!

Hope your little guy took it all in stride.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
Cheers to your new life!

Hope your little guy took it all in stride.

My mistakes cost me a small fortune but the ONLY worthwhile return on the investment was that my son was protected quite a bit. Thanks for the sentiment.

Edit: You know it's a slow time in the offseason when we're talking about my personal s*** in a Quintana thread. :bang:

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
My mistakes cost me a small fortune but the ONLY worthwhile return on the investment was that my son was protected quite a bit. Thanks for the sentiment.

Edit: You know it's a slow time in the offseason when we're talking about my personal s*** in a Quintana thread. :bang:

It's the most recent news in this thread in about 2-3 weeks lol

Here's to a better life :cheers

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 31, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)
I could care less who we trade Q to if it means we are getting the best package in return, even if that comes from the Cubs

A high profile deal like this is unlikely because if it goes wrong one team will have regret for years

Quintana could make sense for the Cubs due to the 4 years and relatively low cost because it would allow them to still spend on free agents moving forward

Replacing Arrieta (potentially and Lackey after this season is not going to be cheap. The Cubs window is right now before all their young guys get more expensive after hitting their arbitration years.

The Sox would want at least one interesting arm to go along with Jimenez, Happ and Candelario, but it would add Quintana without subtracting from the mlb roster at all

I just can't see the Sox and Cubs coming together for a deal. It makes a ton of sense logically as they are a great match on paper, but when it comes to PR and Q excelling at Wrigley while the prospects all bust or vice versa and seeing that on the local news every night can enrage your fanbase and lead to incessant questions from the media on why such a deal was made which makes both sides hesitant to make a deal. If the Sox or Cubs were in any other city I think they would have probably already made a deal.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 04:05 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 18s19 seconds ago

More

Pirates OF Josh Bell will be out 2-4 weeks after undergoing knee surgery, and #Pirates unsure whether he'd be ready by opening day.

Wonder if this has anything to do with how the Xmas eve deal fell apart.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
Once Jose Quintana is traded, Carlos Rodon becomes the new White Sox ace. Via @MLBBruceLevine: https://t.co/9IauEyIFyR https://t.co/06gupqojBD

https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/827610379123642368

Bruce is saying again that some source are saying that Quintana will be traded before camp opens

We have not had any indication that talks have advanced or that any deal for Quintana is close

Offers have been exchanged, but neither the Pirates or Astros are blinking as of yet

The Rangers rumor appeared to be a White Sox generated leak to stir the pot

Once Jose Quintana is traded, Carlos Rodon becomes the new White Sox ace. Via @MLBBruceLevine: https://t.co/9IauEyIFyR https://t.co/06gupqojBD

Bruce is saying again that some source are saying that Quintana will be traded before camp opens

We have not had any indication that talks have advanced or that any deal for Quintana is close

Offers have been exchanged, but neither the Pirates or Astros are blinking as of yet

The Rangers rumor appeared to be a White Sox generated leak to stir the pot

The most Bruce Levine statement ever.