Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 08:22 PM)
What's the purpose of Levine writing such a definitive statement?

Because whether the trade happens in the next few weeks or at the deadline "soon" is vague enough to cover all basis for him. Doesn't exactly take a genius to know Q will be traded sooner or later. If he was really that confident he would have been more specific about the trade happening before the season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)
Because whether the trade happens in the next few weeks or at the deadline "soon" is vague enough to cover all basis for him. Doesn't exactly take a genius to know Q will be traded sooner or later. If he was really that confident he would have been more specific about the trade happening before the season.

I mean, there are no repercussions even if Q was never traded. He can throw out whatever and it doesn't matter. And we'll still talk about his future rumors too.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)

He said it would be before spring training and the WBC and that Rodon would be the story of camp. He's been consistently saying he's gone before the season starts.

Q is a really good & established MLB top pitcher. Why shouldn't he be able to fetch a really good & established MLB hitter?

Oh wait...and he's on a ridiculous contract that every team would love to have?

Kyle Tucker is the best hitter he's worth? A kid in A ball?

Keep up the good work brother Hahn. No need to cave for Kyle Tucker.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 09:38 AM)
Is it safe to say that Q is on the team until the deadline if he isn't traded before pitchers and catchers report?

I would say that is very likely. Either you move him prior to the season, or you shop him at the deadline

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 07:22 PM)
What's the purpose of Levine writing such a definitive statement?

If you listen to him with Ryan Dempster on Saturday (it's archived at the Score's website), he isn't so definitive about it.

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 10:51 AM)
If you listen to him with Ryan Dempster on Saturday (it's archived at the Score's website), he isn't so definitive about it.

That's fair, but it's the first paragraph of this article saying it's going to happen before spring training.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
Is it safe to say that Q is on the team until the deadline if he isn't traded before pitchers and catchers report?

\

Actually the decision will be based on the deadline for printing the names on the jerseys. That is probably 2/9-2/10. There is no way he is traded after his jerseys are finished.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 04:34 PM)
\

Actually the decision will be based on the deadline for printing the names on the jerseys. That is probably 2/9-2/10. There is no way he is traded after his jerseys are finished.

This is most likely true. In the past when Sale was on the team it would not be an issue as he could just grab his scissors and fix the issue. But now he is gone so its a bigger problem.

From BA on the '17 Astros top 10. Huge jump for Stubbs #10 and Perez moved up do #4. Anyone know when pipeline is going to update the top 100?

1. Francis Martes, rhp

2. Kyle Tucker, of

3. David Paulino, rhp

4. Franklin Perez, rhp

5. A.J. Reed, 1b

6. Forrest Whitley, rhp

7. Teoscar Hernandez, of

8. Yulieski Gurriel, 3b/1b

9. Derek Fisher, of

10. Garrett Stubbs, c

baseballamerica.com

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 12:56 AM)
I never dreamed a new team would be thrown in the discussion.

Cafardo was just listing teams with deep systems. Also mentioned Brewers and a few others. Don't think phils are a possibility at all

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)
From BA on the '17 Astros top 10. Huge jump for Stubbs #10 and Perez moved up do #4. Anyone know when pipeline is going to update the top 100?

1. Francis Martes, rhp

2. Kyle Tucker, of

3. David Paulino, rhp

4. Franklin Perez, rhp

5. A.J. Reed, 1b

6. Forrest Whitley, rhp

7. Teoscar Hernandez, of

9. Derek Fisher, of

10. Garrett Stubbs, c

baseballamerica.com

MLBpipeline's top 100 is already updated.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)

1. Francis Martes, rhp

2. Kyle Tucker, of

3. David Paulino, rhp

4. Franklin Perez, rhp

5. A.J. Reed, 1b

6. Forrest Whitley, rhp

7. Teoscar Hernandez, of

9. Derek Fisher, of

10. Garrett Stubbs, c

baseballamerica.com

Astros have 4 guys in the MLB Top 100 Pipeline rankings:

20. Martes

35. Tucker

54. Paulino

84. Whitley

After looking at that, I don't think the Sox can expect to get Musgrove + 2 top prospects, but Martes + Tucker would be a good starting point.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 09:06 PM)
Martes Tucker Whitley

Yada yada yada

Pretty sure we have analyzed every single trade possibly for the entire league for quintana the last two months. Every teams farm combed through.

I'm willing to be patient, but putting soxtalk out of its misery eventually will be a good day

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 04:45 PM)
First time I've seen the Phillies connected to Q.

https://www.fxtribune.com/m/?id=537307

I've always been a huge fan of Q ( as I am with most young Sox players (Avi coughcough). I remember many here using the term smoke and mirrors with Q's surprising performance in his 1st 2 years with the Sox.

Even now with his name all over trade rumors and many more learning how good he has been its hard to believe he is still under rated but he is. A recent example is when MLBN lists it's top 10 players at all positions. Usually they have their unbiased "Shredder" then a group of panelists so they end up with multiple opinions of a top 10 list. Even though the list is called Top 10 Right Now the panelists use varying ways for who to put on their lists. Some use the players total body of work some use only the last year, some the last few years, yet I can never recall ever seeing Q on any ones list in the years they have been doing Top 10.

This year John Smoltz not only listed his Top 10 but even listed his Top 20 since their are so many starting pitchers as compared to starting players at other positions. Q wasn't even in his top 20.

Yet when you read what was in the article you listed ,"Since the start of 2013, Quintana is one of only seven pitchers in baseball to make 120 starts, toss 800 innings and post an ERA+ of 115 or better. The other six: Max Scherzer, Corey Kluber, Jon Lester, Madison Bumgarner, David Price and Cole Hamels. We're talking about one of the best and most consistent starters in baseball for the last four years" it should blow you away he is listed among those pitchers. But we still even have our fans saying he might not be in the Top 20 pitchers also. We have national writers saying he's a number 3 starter. Hahn hasn't even been able to snag a couple decent prospects for him yet.

I don't know what these other teams are looking for but it should be a pitcher exactly like Q. Still youngish, consistently good, injury free, amazing contract (just look at the contracts most of those other 6 guys are like !) and most likely not to flop. He is a pitchers pitcher and I hope if he is moved that he kicks ass because he is a pros pro and will do any franchise proud.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 10:27 PM)
I've always been a huge fan of Q ( as I am with most young Sox players (Avi coughcough). I remember many here using the term smoke and mirrors with Q's surprising performance in his 1st 2 years with the Sox.

Even now with his name all over trade rumors and many more learning how good he has been its hard to believe he is still under rated but he is. A recent example is when MLBN lists it's top 10 players at all positions. Usually they have their unbiased "Shredder" then a group of panelists so they end up with multiple opinions of a top 10 list. Even though the list is called Top 10 Right Now the panelists use varying ways for who to put on their lists. Some use the players total body of work some use only the last year, some the last few years, yet I can never recall ever seeing Q on any ones list in the years they have been doing Top 10.

This year John Smoltz not only listed his Top 10 but even listed his Top 20 since their are so many starting pitchers as compared to starting players at other positions. Q wasn't even in his top 20.

Yet when you read what was in the article you listed ,"Since the start of 2013, Quintana is one of only seven pitchers in baseball to make 120 starts, toss 800 innings and post an ERA+ of 115 or better. The other six: Max Scherzer, Corey Kluber, Jon Lester, Madison Bumgarner, David Price and Cole Hamels. We're talking about one of the best and most consistent starters in baseball for the last four years" it should blow you away he is listed among those pitchers. But we still even have our fans saying he might not be in the Top 20 pitchers also. We have national writers saying he's a number 3 starter. Hahn hasn't even been able to snag a couple decent prospects for him yet.

I don't know what these other teams are looking for but it should be a pitcher exactly like Q. Still youngish, consistently good, injury free, amazing contract (just look at the contracts most of those other 6 guys are like !) and most likely not to flop. He is a pitchers pitcher and I hope if he is moved that he kicks ass because he is a pros pro and will do any franchise proud.

Words. Smart words of big. You make mean dummy sounds NOW for better... OR ELSE!