Quintana Polls

Con te Giolito

QUINTANA: WHAT HAPPENS?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK the Sox will do with Quintana this offseason?

• Traded to Pirates
    • Traded to Astros
    • Traded to Yankees
    • Traded to Braves
    • Traded to Rockies
    • Traded to Cubs
    • Traded to other team
    • Not traded
  2. 2. What do you WANT the Sox to do with Quintana this offseason?

• Traded to Pirates
    • Traded to Astros
    • Traded to Yankees
    • Traded to Braves
    • Traded to Rockies
    • Traded to Cubs
    • Traded to other team
    • Not traded

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 08:13 AM)
Collins will get the entire season in the minors to show he can handle the position. His bat will be mlb ready fairly quickly, but they should take their time developing his glove through the minor leagues.

I expect him to rake in the minors this year, and if the defense progresses he should rocket up top 100 prospect lists

Yah, for all the talk of acquiring a catching prospect, we have the second best one in the game!

To be fair, though, it would be great to get a ML ready guy that could split time w Narvaez like Sererino, Diaz or Murphy. To a lesser extent Stubbs (probably not ML ready).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
I voted that he won't be traded and I voted that I want him to go to the Rockies.

Rockies. In addition to Rodgers, their best prospect, another great prospect is 19 year old 3rd Sacker Colton Welker. Rated # 18 or so by Rox, this guy had big year in Pioneer League as 18 year old. Interesting write-up in Purple Row today.

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 07:51 AM)
Love all the people trying to push Collins out of C when they've never even seen the kid play. All reports have him making good progress and it hasn't even been a full year yet. Collins is the C of the future until he proves he can't do it at the MLB level. If his catching was as bad as people around here make it out to be he would have been moved already.

Anyway...I still find it hard to believe the Astros don't finally get the deal done. Been saying all along that it makes way too much sense for them. I'd rather see us get a haul from the Yankees though. Frazier, Mateo/Rutherford, Kaprielian/Sheffield is my preferred package. Sounded like Cashman is balking at that but who knows, could all just be posturing.

Nobody is pushing Collins out at catcher, just not willing to assume he sticks at catcher so adding a bit of catching depth makes absolute sense.

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
I voted that Q will be traded to "some other team."

I have zero evidence to believe that. It just seems like a lot of trades in the world pop up out of nowhere and lots of hot stove talk is often totally wrong. It's just BS for fan consumption to occupy them and the sports reporters while the real activity is unfolding.

Perhaps, but the mystery team would have to have both 1) the farm to make the trade and 2) the willingness to part with a huge chunk of prospects to make a deal happen.

The phillies, padres and brewers have the farms to make a deal happen, but certainly are not close enough to contention to warrant blowing up their minor leagues for q

Perhaps, but the mystery team would have to have both 1) the farm to make the trade and 2) the willingness to part with a huge chunk of prospects to make a deal happen.

The phillies, padres and brewers have the farms to make a deal happen, but certainly are not close enough to contention to warrant blowing up their minor leagues for q

Indians, Rangers, Dodgers, Blue Jays...if someone comes along who is willing to gut their farm entirely they could probably get Quintana.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 04:00 PM)
Indians, Rangers, Dodgers, Blue Jays...if someone comes along who is willing to gut their farm entirely they could probably get Quintana.

I thought about the Dodgers as well if we end up keeping Q. The Dodgers could possibly need another SP whether it be because of an injury or just because it never hurts to add a guy like Q to improve your playoff/world series chances.

Edit: honestly, as of now, it seems like their team is the same one as the one that got knocked out in the NLCS.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 04:00 PM)

No way we deal Quintana within the division to the Indians. Nor would they be the highest bidder and drain their entire farm to a rival

Dodgers have not shown willingness to part with top prospects

Blue jays don't have the prospects in my opinion, compared to other suitors

Rangers? They would have to part with MLB talent and don't want to

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
No way we deal Quintana within the division to the Indians. Nor would they be the highest bidder and drain their entire farm to a rival

Dodgers have not shown willingness to part with top prospects

Blue jays don't have the prospects in my opinion, compared to other suitors

Rangers? They would have to part with MLB talent and don't want to

Agree on all except for the Jays. As long as players like Torres, Meadows, Frazier, Bell, Swanson, Bregman etc are supposedly off the table then that makes it easier for the Jays to get into the mix. I do admit that the Jays are a team that will have to offer more players in a trade due to the lack of top 50 talent but if they were willing to offer the right players they could make a tempting offer. For me it would take something like Urena, Reid-Foley, McGuire, Tellez +. But that's based on those named players being off the table but if any of those teams put those players on the table then Toronto will have a difficult time staying competitive in negotiations unless the Sox are good with the idea of of receiving more players in a trade.

Hopefully this wraps up soon and we can all move on to complaining about how it's taking so long to trade Frazier/Robertson and DFA Avi/Lawrie. :lol:

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
Love all the people trying to push Collins out of C when they've never even seen the kid play. All reports have him making good progress and it hasn't even been a full year yet. Collins is the C of the future until he proves he can't do it at the MLB level. If his catching was as bad as people around here make it out to be he would have been moved already.

Anyway...I still find it hard to believe the Astros don't finally get the deal done. Been saying all along that it makes way too much sense for them. I'd rather see us get a haul from the Yankees though. Frazier, Mateo/Rutherford, Kaprielian/Sheffield is my preferred package. Sounded like Cashman is balking at that but who knows, could all just be posturing.

Nah, that's not the case mate. He's a legitimate catching prospect. I think he'll have a hell of a future ahead of him. Apart from him though, what is there in the minors catching wise. It makes sense whilst we're rebuilding to get your hands on another decent catching prospect.

What happens if Collins gets a bad injury for example?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 16, 2017 -> 05:07 PM)
Agree on all except for the Jays. As long as players like Torres, Meadows, Frazier, Bell, Swanson, Bregman etc are supposedly off the table then that makes it easier for the Jays to get into the mix. I do admit that the Jays are a team that will have to offer more players in a trade due to the lack of top 50 talent but if they were willing to offer the right players they could make a tempting offer. For me it would take something like Urena, Reid-Foley, McGuire, Tellez +. But that's based on those named players being off the table but if any of those teams put those players on the table then Toronto will have a difficult time staying competitive in negotiations unless the Sox are good with the idea of of receiving more players in a trade.

Hopefully this wraps up soon and we can all move on to complaining about how it's taking so long to trade Frazier/Robertson and DFA Avi/Lawrie. :lol:

I don't even think that package is enough for Quintana

Blue Jays are not really a fit for what we are looking for. Sox won't deal Quintana without the return being outstanding, and understandably so. If our pricetag were that low the entire league would be in on Quintana

Realistically Q is not being moved for less than a: Meadows or Bell + Glasnow + at least one or two more

Martes + Tucker ++

Torres or Frazier +++

Albies +++