Potential MLB free agent adds

Bob Sacamano

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)
If the Sox have the number one pick in 2019 the rebuild is NOT going well. Three of the Sox top three/four prospects they acquired all have ETAs of 2017 in Moncada/Giolito/Lopez. They have three first rounders from the last draft that would all be on a list for the top ten draftees from 2016 to make the MLB. All of these guys with the exception of maybe Dunning/Collins, barring trouble, will be on the 2018 team. I hope they finish at the bottom of the league this year because all the org filler sucks, get a near A grade prospect (perhaps Beer is an A) and then I hope they're decent in 2018 because of all the young talent succeeding and then they're positioned to spend some and be a playoff team in 2019. If they somehow lucked into Beer he'd probably make it to the big leagues in 2019. Frankly, any 2018 outcome can be spinned into being a positive. You either get one more year of a big draft pool and high selection or you're moving towards contention.

Well said.

To be honest, I hope they flat out suck in 2017 to possibly get Beer, but I'd like to see some progression in 2018. I'm not expecting a playoff berth or anything, but to have positive contributions by the guys you listed in a couple years would be nice.

Now the Frazier market will heat up exponentially!!!

Or not. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait until July for Cabrera, and probably at least June for Frazier/Robertson/Jones.

That said, someone penciled in for the starting 3B job with about 15-18 MLB contending teams suffering a season-ending injury and we suddenly have a hugely in-demand asset again, not that one roots for injuries like that to anyone.