President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Biden acknowledged he wishes he was president and he thinks he would have beaten Trump. However he was mourning the death of his son and couldn't run.

In the story on the front of yahoo he said the feelings I've expressed!

The story read....

Biden also expressed hope that despite his rocky first two months, Trump can “grow more into the job and understand that the United States is the essential nation in the world in the year 2017.”

“We should all have hope,” he said.

So what do you think of that?? Much respected Joe Biden agrees with me regarding the Trump presidency.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 06:03 PM)
Everybody hopes he doesnt f*** up the country. I think thats pretty universal.

Not in this thread. It was explained to me why a certain poster wants him to fail. I didn't see anybody disagree with that poster.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
Not in this thread. It was explained to me why a certain poster wants him to fail. I didn't see anybody disagree with that poster.

If he succeeds he will f*** up this country far more than if he fails

Why do people respond to false premises?

Biden doesnt agree with Greg.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix...m=.fca79cb8bfdb

Biden got to his feet and excoriated President Trump — his policies and his attacks on the news media.

“The attempt to delegitimize the press — 'fake news' — is the first act of any political scoundrel,”

After attacking Trump, Biden then said "we should have hope".

I cant name 1 time that Greg has attacked Trump, called him a scoundrel, told Trump to grow up, etc.

So no Biden doesnt agree with you Greg. He just merely said that (and Im using my own words here):

"Trump is a terrible President, he is a disaster, but even when you are looking at a disaster, you have to hope for the best."

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 06:21 PM)
Why do people respond to false premises?

Biden doesnt agree with Greg.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix...m=.fca79cb8bfdb

After attacking Trump, Biden then said "we should have hope".

I cant name 1 time that Greg has attacked Trump, called him a scoundrel, told Trump to grow up, etc.

So no Biden doesnt agree with you Greg. He just merely said that (and Im using my own words here):

"Trump is a terrible President, he is a disaster, but even when you are looking at a disaster, you have to hope for the best."

I still like his quote. I can't argue with it. Trump most definitely is a chump. But I want the best, like Biden. Some people on this board are not hoping for the best at all.

I love Biden by the way. I'm certain I would have voted for him. I guess I must re-label myself. I am a Republican, but like I told everybody I voted for Obama at least once, maybe both times; I would have voted for Biden or Bernie Baby; I love Jimmy Carter. I guess any sane person would have to reclassify me. I didn't vote Trump or Romney. I probably did vote Mr. McCain.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)
I still like his quote. I can't argue with it. Trump most definitely is a chump. But I want the best, like Biden. Some people on this board are not hoping for the best at all.

I disagree. They are hoping for the best, they just believe that if Trump's agenda is "successful" it will mean terrible things for America. That is still hoping for the best.

I would say most Americans want whats best for America, I think that a small amount dont care about America at all and only want what's best for them. Unfortunately I believe that Trump does not really care about America.

That being said "I hope that Trump will change who he is/what he stands for and do what is best for America."

(Edit)

If you love Biden/Bernie you should hate what Trump is doing more than anything. He is basically destroying what they stand for.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 06:37 PM)
I disagree. They are hoping for the best, they just believe that if Trump's agenda is "successful" it will mean terrible things for America. That is still hoping for the best.

I would say most Americans want whats best for America, I think that a small amount dont care about America at all and only want what's best for them. Unfortunately I believe that Trump does not really care about America.

That being said "I hope that Trump will change who he is/what he stands for and do what is best for America."

(Edit)

If you love Biden/Bernie you should hate what Trump is doing more than anything. He is basically destroying what they stand for.

Have you read Kyyie's posts? He said flat out he wants him to fail. Cut and dried. If he's hoping for the best, I'd like to read more proof of that. For some reason nobody argues or disagrees with anybody except me.

As far as your last line, I don't think Trump has done that much in 80 days for me to completely deem him satan. Do I like him? Of course not. If I liked him I'd have fricking voted for him. Doesn't anybody read my positions on things? My stance is he won and by gosh I want success! And results. And if he commits an impeachable offense by all means kick his ass out the door. I'm not brainwashed by Donald. If I were I'd have voted for him! Doesn't anybody get it?

Edited by greg775

Greg, you don't seem to be understanding what people, including myself, mean when we say we want Trump to fail.

-Trump's agenda will cause bad things to happen

-We do not want bad things to happen

-Ergo, we want Trump to fail at implementing his agenda

Trump succeeding and the US succeeding are not necessarily the same thing. That's it. We don't want "the US" to fail. We want Trump and his plans, which we think will be harmful to the US, to fail. If Trump succeeds, people will needlessly suffer, and we don't want that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
Have you read Kyyie's posts? He said flat out he wants him to fail. Cut and dried. If he's hoping for the best, I'd like to read more proof of that. For some reason nobody argues or disagrees with anybody except me.

As far as your last line, I don't think Trump has done that much in 80 days for me to completely deem him satan. Do I like him? Of course not. If I liked him I'd have fricking voted for him. Doesn't anybody read my positions on things? My stance is he won and by gosh I want success! And results. And if he commits an impeachable offense by all means kick his ass out the door. I'm not brainwashed by Donald. If I were I'd have voted for him! Doesn't anybody get it?

Because I understand what Kyle is saying. He is saying that based on Trump's current agenda he wants it to fail because he believes its bad for America.

He can correct me if Im wrong.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)
Because I understand what Kyle is saying. He is saying that based on Trump's current agenda he wants it to fail because he believes its bad for America.

He can correct me if Im wrong.

pretty much exactly what i said and have been saying since the campaign

Another of the many Trump problems is counting the generally rising stock market since Election Day as his exclusive doing.

In a way, rising "business optimism" might be his one success (to date), but it's quite difficult to separate carryover from the Obama administration here. Let's not forget Obama didn't come close to 36-38% popularity numbers even when unemployment numbers were nearly double.

While something like 62% of Americans are invested in the stock market, the wealth gap is still exponentially increasing and middle class wage and wealth stagnation continues. In the end, what has Trump done for the middle class so far? Pretty much nothing. Well, this week he brought back a few coal mining jobs, maybe, temporarily.

On the other hand, removing internet privacy rights in the interests of profiting corporate America and going out of his way in every single decision to destroy science and/or the environment can't possibly be in the best interest of any of our grandchildren. Meanwhile, technology advancement and innovation inexorably trudge ahead in Silicon Valley despite his best efforts to just ignore California completely, outside of Elon Musk, Peter Thiel and Ahnuld/Apprentice ratings.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
Greg, you don't seem to be understanding what people, including myself, mean when we say we want Trump to fail.

-Trump's agenda will cause bad things to happen

-We do not want bad things to happen

-Ergo, we want Trump to fail at implementing his agenda

Trump succeeding and the US succeeding are not necessarily the same thing. That's it. We don't want "the US" to fail. We want Trump and his plans, which we think will be harmful to the US, to fail. If Trump succeeds, people will needlessly suffer, and we don't want that.

I'll have to save this post. It explains it better IMO.

However, playing devil's advocate. You would like Trump's policies/agenda to fail and the USA magically to on its own thrive. Cool. Interesting but some might say the logic is moderately flawed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
greg, your selective reading is a special talent. I will give you that

People on this board who hate me also can be accused of selective reading of my posts as well.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 08:36 PM)
I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about politics. Heck, I'm not 100% sure who I've even voted for President over the years. Given that, why don't you all take my political opinions more seriously?

I tend to know who I didn't vote for more than who I did. If that's a flaw, so be it. I know I've written in names before. I'm not sure if at the time I thought McCain was good or not.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
If you think half of the country are bad people because of their politics then it's you that is the problem, not them. #TolerantLeft

#1 he never said that

#2 how in the world is half the country a republican? Its not even close to that.