President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)
In the House, it was 56.3M Republican votes vs. 53.2M Democratic votes.

FWIW the final vote tally was even closer, 63,173,815 to 61,776,554. The actual result is a 241-194 split, but if we had a proportional system, it'd be 220-215. For the House, Senate and Presidency, rural voters get favorable treatment.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 04:06 PM)
FWIW the final vote tally was even closer, 63,173,815 to 61,776,554. The actual result is a 241-194 split, but if we had a proportional system, it'd be 220-215. For the House, Senate and Presidency, rural voters get favorable treatment.

Cities don't deserve to be equal cause they all live together.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
I feel like Sean Spicer is like the prankee on Impractical Jokers. Trump gives him a bunch of crazy ass things to say and goals and they just watch in the back room and laugh

"If you don't say this, Ben Carson is going to come out and depants you!"

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4459...cal-republicans

If this comes to pass it will be one of the worst tragedies imaginable. All pain, no gain. I have spend literally hundreds of days in that park and the national park on the other side of the river in Mexico. The remoteness protects everyone.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-border...2017-story.html

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/24/west-texas...is-a-nightmare/

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 07:58 PM)
I am enjoying an outsider trying to play a game they have no idea how it is played, or what the rules are. He will eventually have a few wins.

What... exactly... do you mean by "enjoying"? Like actually enjoying, or enjoying in the sarcastic/entertaining sense?

Yes, war with North Korea and Kushner giving political advice to generals in Iraq...what could possibly go wrong?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/02/politics/jar...iraq/index.html

Imagine something happens to Kushner there...another war would be on the horizon.

We can only assume the generals have given up on educating Trump directly, so perhaps they feel Kushner is much better suited than Tillerson, Bannon or Miller to explain things to him.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
I think the tweet to the FBI is better.

Its almost as if he doesnt understand that the FBI reports to people he appointed.

Ha I really did LOL when I saw that @fbi

Revised Trust Allows Donald Trump to Withdraw Funds Without Public Disclosure

Ethics experts said the new provision raises questions about conflicts

President Donald Trump can draw money from his business empire as its trustees see fit without disclosing it publicly, according to a revised version of his trust, a change that ethics experts say blurs the lines between the Trump Organization and his administration.

Mr. Trump said before his inauguration that he would put his assets into a trust and relinquish control of his businesses to his two adult sons, in an effort to avoid conflicts of interest during his presidency. Ethics experts criticized the arrangement, in which Mr. Trump would retain ownership of the business, arguing the nation’s first purely private-sector president hadn’t taken adequate steps to distance himself from his company.

According to a revised version of the trust released by the General Services Administration, “The Trustees shall distribute net income or principal to Donald J. Trump at his request, as the Trustees deem necessary for his maintenance, support or uninsured medical expenses, or as the Trustees otherwise deem appropriate.”

The trustees who would be responsible for making those decisions are Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son, and Allen Weissenberg, the longtime chief financial officer of Trump Organization.

Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel

The United Arab Emirates arranged a secret meeting in January between Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to President Vladi­mir Putin as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, according to U.S., European and Arab officials.

The meeting took place around Jan. 11 — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean, officials said. Though the full agenda remains unclear, the UAE agreed to broker the meeting in part to explore whether Russia could be persuaded to curtail its relationship with Iran, including in Syria, a Trump administration objective that would likely require major concessions to Moscow on U.S. sanctions.

Though Prince had no formal role with the Trump campaign or transition team, he presented himself as an unofficial envoy for Trump to high-ranking Emiratis involved in setting up his meeting with the Putin confidant, according to the officials, who did not identify the Russian.

fwiw Eric Prince is Betsy DeVos's brother

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
What... exactly... do you mean by "enjoying"? Like actually enjoying, or enjoying in the sarcastic/entertaining sense?

In the fascinated by the generally unseen forces that shape our government. And yes, also in the sarcastic, "How do you like your outsider nooooow? kind of way.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 09:39 AM)
Facebook comments on Fox News articles are really a nice look into the other half. I found out that Obama was elected becasue he was black, Trump is the best president ever and liberals are paying terrorists.

Why would you torture yourself like? Internet forums/comment sections are not for sane.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 09:44 AM)
Why would you torture yourself like? Internet forums/comment sections are not for sane.

I'll click on a comments section every once in a while (mostly out of sheer, morbid curiosity) and I always regret it.