President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
It's getting some coverage because it's the first use of the "largest noon nuclear bomb ever" and it seems like a weird use of it, but year ultimately if they had dropped the exact same amount of explosives but spread over smaller individual bombs, no one would have noticed.

In theory that sounds about right but this seems a little different....

Untitled_2.jpg

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 02:36 PM)
Why is the media hyping this so much? In 2016 the Pentagon averaged 3x the amount of weight of that bomb everyday. And that's a conservative estimate. It's a not a good idea to allow Trump to think the media will be nice to him if he wages war.

News organizations in this country LOVE war, cause they actually have real s*** to cover as opposed to having talking heads argue about relatively unimportant issues 12 hours a day.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
I think it sets a dangerous precedent. Dropping that type of arsenal does what exactly? Maybe some other countries will feel the need to flex their muscles?

Why buy toys if you can't take them out of the box and play with them?

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 04:30 PM)

LAUNCH ALL THE NUKES!

EDIT: *BEEP* Nuclear Launch Detected

Edited by KagakuOtoko

Supposedly it (MOAB bomb) was developed to be utilized many years ago, after 9/11, but had never been tested in battle.

At any rate, the more interesting military industrial complex story is what exactly happens if North Korea detonates yet another nuclear bomb on Saturday.

It's one of their national holidays, and saber rattling/military parade days...with the US Navy lurking off the coast, and the undecided political situation in South Korea, now's the time to really test the new US/China "positive relationship."

China has massed 150,000 troops close/r to the border region as well. When it comes down to it, China almost has no choice but to mount a coup in the North before they'll countenance a US military strike that might have serious ramifications for the US, both Koreas, China, Japan and even Russia.

Edited by caulfield12

Trump taking another long weekend to go golfing in Florida. 22 of 84 days of his presidency has been spent at Mar-a-lago. That doesn't account for the couple days he spent at his other golf course, doing nothing

Edit he's going there with zero senior staff too

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/...624467469664256

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)
News channels should just show bombs being fired and detonated with "What a Wonderful World" playing on the sound track! BEAUTIFUL!!!

@MattGertz 33m33 minutes ago

Fox host: Dropping MOAB is "what freedom looks like, that's the red, white, and blue."

Geraldo: It's one of my favorite things to watch.

We live in an insane country.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
Trump taking another long weekend to go golfing in Florida. 22 of 84 days of his presidency has been spent at Mar-a-lago. That doesn't account for the couple days he spent at his other golf course, doing nothing

Edit he's going there with zero senior staff too

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/...624467469664256

The guy is 70 years old. Chances are good he'll die within the next 10 years because of law of averages. Let the guy golf while he can.

My only addendum to this statement is if he indeed campaigned on never taking time off. If he did that (prove it to me) then he should be called on that at every news conference. But aside from that, let the man golf.

p.s. It would be nice if he paid for his own travel, but isn't it law he HAS to take Air Force One everywhere and travel with SS agents everywhere? Good thing he owns the golf courses. I bet the guys in charge hate having to give free carts to all the SS agents. I wonder if the agents bring clubs and pretend they are golfers.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 13, 2017 -> 10:30 PM)

I wonder how many MOAB's there are in existence? We may need some for North Korea if they do what they are threatening to do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 12:49 PM)
The guy is 70 years old. Chances are good he'll die within the next 10 years because of law of averages. Let the guy golf while he can.

My only addendum to this statement is if he indeed campaigned on never taking time off. If he did that (prove it to me) then he should be called on that at every news conference. But aside from that, let the man golf.

p.s. It would be nice if he paid for his own travel, but isn't it law he HAS to take Air Force One everywhere and travel with SS agents everywhere? Good thing he owns the golf courses. I bet the guys in charge hate having to give free carts to all the SS agents. I wonder if the agents bring clubs and pretend they are golfers.

We should let him golf cause he's old? Lol no

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 10:49 AM)
Let the guy golf while he can.

What? This is an extremely bizarre thing to say. Why should anyone have that point of view? Do you think his job is not very important? If he really wanted to spend so much time golfing, why did he run for President? Why didn't he just retire or keep doing whatever he was doing before he got into politics? He is literally putting people's lives in danger with the decisions he makes as President. Would be nice to actually see him work hard.

Strange that you have this viewpoint. It seems like you don't think being President is all that important if you're ok with them playing golf so much. Why were you so against Hillary being elected if this job seems so trivial to you?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 07:06 PM)
What? This is an extremely bizarre thing to say. Why should anyone have that point of view? Do you think his job is not very important? If he really wanted to spend so much time golfing, why did he run for President? Why didn't he just retire or keep doing whatever he was doing before he got into politics? He is literally putting people's lives in danger with the decisions he makes as President. Would be nice to actually see him work hard.

Strange that you have this viewpoint. It seems like you don't think being President is all that important if you're ok with them playing golf so much. Why were you so against Hillary being elected if this job seems so trivial to you?

I'm just saying he's 70 and doesn't figure to live but 10 more years if the odds are correct. Let him golf. Lots of people golf and work at the same time. I said, if he said during the campaign he'd never golf or rarely golf, then call him on it at every news conference. Otherwise let him golf.

I feel like Trump has been working a lot. I don't see the golf as being a big deal unless he has broken a campaign promise to take rare vacations. If he has, shame on him for lying. Sick of that.

Do you know anything about golf? You don't carve out 30 minutes out of your day to golf. It takes up a huge chunk of your day. As taxpayers, we literally pay money out of our paychecks to go towards his salary. I'd prefer he actually work for my hard-earned money....you know, money I earn from actually working and not playing golf.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 07:34 PM)
Do you know anything about golf? You don't carve out 30 minutes out of your day to golf. It takes up a huge chunk of your day. As taxpayers, we literally pay money out of our paychecks to go towards his salary. I'd prefer he actually work for my hard-earned money....you know, money I earn from actually working and not playing golf.

Life isn't fair. He's a 1 percenter. They get to golf and work at the same time. Sad but true. Obviously Trump is never going to change so why get worked up about it? I'd think he's well plugged in to the issues of the day. He's not going to suddenly sit in the office 7 days a week working. I'm not a big Trump fan. Once he commits an impeachable offense, I'd assume we'll be rid of him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
I'm just saying he's 70 and doesn't figure to live but 10 more years if the odds are correct. Let him golf. Lots of people golf and work at the same time. I said, if he said during the campaign he'd never golf or rarely golf, then call him on it at every news conference. Otherwise let him golf.

I feel like Trump has been working a lot. I don't see the golf as being a big deal unless he has broken a campaign promise to take rare vacations. If he has, shame on him for lying. Sick of that.

He blasted Obama as much as he could for his "vacation" usage.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 06:39 PM)
He blasted Obama as much as he could for his "vacation" usage.

Then he should get roasted for all the golf on a regular basis. Some of the reporters at the briefings should do what's right and ask about all the golf. I'm a little surprised at the outrage, though. Didn't Americans who voted for Trump realize we elected a 1 percenter? He's rich and entitled, folks.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)
Between the countless days of golf, parading guests at his resorts, and the several hours per day watching Fox News, what actual work does he do? He might be the laziest President in history.

Then in your eyes he will have less time to screw stuff up, eh? win-win!

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 10:06 PM)
Then in your eyes he will have less time to screw stuff up, eh? win-win!

I'd prefer he take time to do some reading so he wouldn't constantly be embarrassing himself, and our country, when he reveals that he doesn't have the first clue what's going on.

Healthcare is complicated?

China can't just magically fix North Korea?

FISA warrants are a thing?

Who knew?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 02:36 PM)
I'd prefer he take time to do some reading so he wouldn't constantly be embarrassing himself, and our country, when he reveals that he doesn't have the first clue what's going on.

Healthcare is complicated?

China can't just magically fix North Korea?

FISA warrants are a thing?

Who knew?

For those of you who voted for him, how do you not constantly cringe whenever he speaks or tweets?

I voted for GWB in 2000 because I was not interested in politics back then and chose him because my dad was a republican. As I started paying attention, I would often cringe and feel embarrassed that I voted for such a buffoon. I would hope that Trump supporters are equally, if not more, embarrassed.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
I know Greg bothers some people, but his obtuseness continually entertains me. I'd love to think this is some character he is playing for the internets, but, nope, I think he really thinks it - types it.

Thank you. I appreciate kind words for a change. Truly thanx.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)
For those of you who voted for him, how do you not constantly cringe whenever he speaks or tweets?

For the love of gosh, nobody on this board voted for Trump. We're pretty sure of that. BTW, if anybody's in the neighborhood, right now I'm sitting in Panera in Lawrence, Ks. Come on over and have some salad.